Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

As im typing this, there was a jumper at Olympic Village and the station is closed.

Bus bridge is Waterfront to City Hall Station - Im Facebooking with a BTC operator who is on standby for another 30 minutes at BTC. According to him, it's the first fatality on the Canada Line ever.

3 hours ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

Nope the C4 is operational as I can tell from service alerts page on TransLink website. 

That makes zero sense. They are directly interlined , aswell they are pretty much the same route as far as the hilly areas are.. I can't see how such a huge portion of running time and distance can get cancelled like that, not simply being detoured which is extremely easy on that route. 

2 hours ago, Marlow1331 said:

That makes zero sense. They are directly interlined , aswell they are pretty much the same route as far as the hilly areas are.. I can't see how such a huge portion of running time and distance can get cancelled like that, not simply being detoured which is extremely easy on that route. 

Sorry, if you didn't understand my post. I see what you mean about the hills on the C3 and C4 are similar. The only two reasons that are maybe true was part of C3 that doesn't share the routing with the C4 was to risky to operate a bus on or the buses got struck along the route.

8 hours ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

Sorry, if you didn't understand my post. I see what you mean about the hills on the C3 and C4 are similar. The only two reasons that are maybe true was part of C3 that doesn't share the routing with the C4 was to risky to operate a bus on or the buses got struck along the route.

fair enough. No harm done, just seems like such an odd occurrence. Usually with the private company in the past. They have gone quite far out of their way to keep service going, New west must have gotten a nice one (snowfall) yesterday.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

R9262 has had a minor accident with a car trying to get in the bus lane. The car has a big dent on it, but R9262 has no damage. This was near the Sandman Hotels near Bridgeport stn.

Exact same thing happened to 9280 this summer, but in the southbound lanes - same vicinity though. 

12 hours ago, Express691 said:

Drunk male somehow ran into the side of a moving sktrain New Years morning.

According to ScanBC it happened at Commercial-Broadway Station.

From what I heard, he "bounced off a train" and was knocked unconscious.

Kind of old news now but New Years Eve six 049 UBC's were jacked knifed between Alberta St. & Cambie St. around 7pm. All of them had WB traffic blocked where traffic had to detour into the oncoming lane. 2 of them had their back ends up on the sidewalk making the sidewalk impassable. Finally a shop truck showed up with chains attached to the front bumpers & dragged them across to the other side of Cambie St. On their way back to Metrotown from UBC climbing the hill on 49th just after Main St the back ends were swaying. 1 Shop guy came up with a Nova Hybrid to swap off an artic. I wonder why the rest weren't swapped off?

Entire 008 Fleet was stranded between 50th & 43rd. southbound

020's were being terminated at 54th Loop & a Nova shuttle was operating between 54th Loop & Harrison Loop

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dover5949 said:

Kind of old news now but New Years Eve six 049 UBC's were jacked knifed between Alberta St. & Cambie St. around 7pm. All of them had WB traffic blocked where traffic had to detour into the oncoming lane. 2 of them had their back ends up on the sidewalk making the sidewalk impassable. Finally a shop truck showed up with chains attached to the front bumpers & dragged them across to the other side of Cambie St. On their way back to Metrotown from UBC climbing the hill on 49th just after Main St the back ends were swaying. 1 Shop guy came up with a Nova Hybrid to swap off an artic. I wonder why the rest weren't swapped off?

Entire 008 Fleet was stranded between 50th & 43rd. southbound

020's were being terminated at 54th Loop & a Nova shuttle was operating between 54th Loop & Harrison Loop

Yikes...are the buses ok? I still haven't seen a case of jackknifing in an artic, but it's amazing that it could happen to 6 buses in a row.

1 hour ago, Large Cat said:

Yikes...are the buses ok? I still haven't seen a case of jackknifing in an artic, but it's amazing that it could happen to 6 buses in a row.

Actually, not that amazing.  If the roads are the least bit slippery all you have to do in an artic is start a turn and apply slightly too much power trying to complete the turn and the bus can jackknife.  With the drive axle in the rear section it will try to push the rear of the front section.  And yes, it can happen on flat ground almost as easily as on a hill.  I could have done it any time I wanted to back in my days of driving the 98's.