TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

Except for the 6 that were reassigned to the TPS, none of the other 7900s have been removed from the active fleet roster, and this doesn't necessarily mean the rest of the fleet will go away. There was a photo posted on here a few days ago of the internal computer at Queensway that shows that 7935 is still on the active roster, and all of the other units that have been speculated as being retired haven't been confirmed as being retired either - it's all rumour and innuendo.

Until someone can supply a photograph of one of those units stripped, or the TTC's internal numbers reflect a change in status, it's not reputable information.

If it transpires that the 7900s actually end up being retired, I will fully acknowledge this fact. The trouble is, they haven't started to yet, and it doesn't seem terribly logical that they would choose the diesel buses to retire over their less reliable hybrid counterparts.

4 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

Your calculations are faulty.

According to the most recent TTC service summary, there are 631 hybrids in service:

1000-1149 (150)
1200-1423 (220)
1500-1689 (151)
1700-1829 (110)

3400-3654 only constitute 255 units, and they won't even be enough to do a 1 for 1 replacement for what remains of the 15s and 17s. So there will still be plenty of hybrids the TTC can put out to pasture when 3570+ arrive.

5 hours ago, Newflyerinvero3 said:

Umm I don’t think so because mcnicoll won’t be open til late 2020 and it’s just gonna replace birchmount garage. I think everyone what 3570-3654 really replace but I’m not gonna say because it creates flame wars on the board.

????

The TTC has often complained about a lack of space at their existing garages severely impacting their service delivery. What would they be achieving by closing one?

Just for the record. I noticed that the 2008 Orion batch (#1500-#1689) weren't just replacements for the D40s and Classics, but as expansion buses for the opening of Mount Dennis Garage and the 2008 Ridership Growth Strategy. Even the same case for the 2015 Nova LFS buses (#8400-#8454) that were originally ordered as replacement buses for Line 3 Scarborough, but replacements for the RTS as well as the ex-CNG Orion Vs. Weren't the recent LFS orders expansion buses used for the Spadina Extension and Express Network? 

As I said, Birchmount isn't going anywhere. I can assume the third shipments of the LFS Hybrids will be used as expansion buses for McNicoll Garage.

On 1/1/2019 at 10:38 AM, Shemar said:

I wonder what's holding back the 34xx from entering service and if VISION is set up at Malvern yet. I'm assuming that Malvern is using some of the nova hybrids that they have now for training?

I would think so but since they have to train them on VISION as well as the LFS HEV, it would make sense that none are in service and I’m sure that by the end of the month that they will start.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ultimate said:

3411,3412, 3414, 3422, 3423 are all out on the streets today, cannot confirm if they are in service or not. None are tracking on routes 

Can confirm I saw 3422 pass by  my school today at around 12:10

26 minutes ago, Rami A. said:
1 hour ago, Ultimate said:

3411,3412, 3414, 3422, 3423 are all out on the streets today, cannot confirm if they are in service or not. None are tracking on routes 

Can confirm I saw 3422 pass by  my school today at around 12:10

I can tell that #3412 is doing a practice routing over the 38A HIGHLAND CREEK as of 2:21 PM while #3423 just finished training over the 129B McCOWAN NORTH routing and sent back to the garage.