Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

1 hour ago, Brando737 said:

Could someone do a render of this new livery with B-Line orange instead of green and B-Line in the rapid bus font?  Everything else the same though.  I'm curious what that might look like.

This might be a bit of a demand... But while x person is at it, also a XDE60 in the old B Line livery?

30 minutes ago, andrewjoystick said:

Here's my drawing of an XDE60 in the current B-Line livery as somebody requested.

XDE60-B-Line.png

It's old, but it looks great.  I think they should stick to that livery as it is, but make some colour changes in some areas.  What I'm thinking is the charcoal on the bottom above and below the yellow stripe with a silver stripe replacing the small yellow stripe in the blue and make the rear part above the blue including the roof fairings B-Line orange.  I think that might look sharp.  Could you please create that see how it would look?

5 hours ago, Brando737 said:

It's old, but it looks great.  I think they should stick to that livery as it is, but make some colour changes in some areas.  What I'm thinking is the charcoal on the bottom above and below the yellow stripe with a silver stripe replacing the small yellow stripe in the blue and make the rear part above the blue including the roof fairings B-Line orange.  I think that might look sharp.  Could you please create that see how it would look?

Absolutely, I'll work on it tonight.

8 hours ago, Brando737 said:

Like this?

XDE6--BLine-Alt1.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, andrewjoystick said:

I've been experimenting with a few options using the lines of the current Sweep-R livery, what do you guys think of these?

I like variant 1 very much. Simple, yet it stands out. And because it's not yellow at top, there won't be complaints of it getting dirty too quick. The only thing maybe would be to tweak it so that it's more orange-y (and thus better match the orange B-Line branding).

Actually, now that I think about it, variant 3 would look good if it were orange on top vs yellow.

8 hours ago, andrewjoystick said:

I've been experimenting with a few options using the lines of the current Sweep-R livery, what do you guys think of these?

XDE60-BLine-Alt2.png

XDE60-BLine-Alt3.png

XDE60-BLine-Alt4.png

IMO even the original old liveries are better than these ones. The best is still the orange/charcoal one, and I believe they are using a livery similar to this for the Suburbans already.

3 hours ago, Large Cat said:

THIS is fantastic. Still some dark blue/charcoal so that it matches the rest of the fleet, but with a speedy orange that solidifies the B-Line branding begun on Translink's system maps and ID posts.

If they're considering that green monstrosity, a distinctive B-Line branding is clearly important to them. This design is a great compromise.

36 minutes ago, Unloading Only said:

If they're considering that green monstrosity, a distinctive B-Line branding is clearly important to them. This design is a great compromise.

But if that's the case, they're not living in the real world. In the real world, book-outs are made from anything you can push, pull, or drag out of the yard, and maintaining subfleets only makes that harder. Maintaining a subfleet purely for branding purposes is IMO a luxury TransLink cannot afford right now.

4 minutes ago, GORDOOM said:

But if that's the case, they're not living in the real world. In the real world, book-outs are made from anything you can push, pull, or drag out of the yard, and maintaining subfleets only makes that harder. Maintaining a subfleet purely for branding purposes is IMO a luxury TransLink cannot afford right now.

There are lots of changes in progress right now to improve the transit system as a whole and customer image is a major one.  There are ways to manage a sub fleet for certain services and that could be one reason why they are reassessing all the depot's for how many busses they can hold and if they can add more than originally measured.  Keep in mind, all new artics coming are for the B-Line's which will displace a number of 40 footers so that will create some room.  Also at BTC North where the artics are stored the big building that runs along the length of most of the property is for facility maintenance so if the money is there they could put those departments on other properties or locations to take down the building and make room for several more buses.

September 2019 will most likely see a shuffle of several routes between depots which will help with this as well.  I believe they are wanting all depot's to be 100% within 2 year's.