TTC Orion VII Movement List

Wilson got more Arrow Road hybrids over the weekend. The fleet is now as follows: 1358-9, 61-4, 66-8, 70, 73-7, 79-80, 82-3, 85, 87-1406, 1408-1413.

Looks like Wilson gained 5 units (1387-1389, 1395-1396). What's the cause of all these bus movements? Arrow and Malvern have lost a lot of buses while Wilson and Mount Dennis have all gained... especially since Wilson should be getting more new units soon.

It looks like the TTC might have retrofitted some of the 7900s with UWE connectors. 7907 was on 12B today with a flap open where the UWE connector is on the S50EGRs. I couldn't get a good look of what was inside but I'm pretty sure it was an UWE connector. I wonder if that plan to do this to the 8100s that are suppose to move to Birchmount.

8101 has been moved to Birchmount. It is currently on the 509/510.

8100 and 8101 were to both have been transferred to Birchmount from Wilson over the weekend. The files of both buses were in the office Friday night ready to be take over with the buses to their new home.

• 2 weeks later...

7900, 7903 & 7905 were parked at the northwest corner of Wilson Saturday morning.

7900 was on 72 late last night. It was on 72 today just after 12:00am. It probably went straight to Wilson after.

There sending them back to Wilson? Why not to Arrow Rd? Don't get me wrong though, I loved when Wilson had them and I guess (hopefully) I'll get to experience that again. Anyways, 7902 was on 20 on Thursday and 7904 and 7906 were on 113 yesterday for those keeping track.

I received an e-mail today from a former member of this board about the planned bus movements coming up affecting all garages. Now personally I don't believe any of it until it happens and I wasn't going to post the info he gave me but the last time he emailed me about 7900s going to Birchmount and it happened a month later so I thought that I'd just post it for everyone, and possibly see if anybody can confirm it.

According to him the following will be happening:

• Arrow Rd will be sending their 7900s to Wilson and getting 80 Orion S50EGR VIIs from Birchmount and Eglinton as replacements.
  • Birchmount will be sending their 7900s to Wilson as well along with some S50EGR VIIs as mentioned before to Arrow Road and to Eglinton. They will get 60 8100s as replacements.
  • Eglinton will be sending some S50EGR VIIs to Arrow Rd, as mentioned before, and will possibly be getting the D40LFs from Queensway and some S50EGR VIIs from Birchmount as replacements.
  • Malvern will be getting 5 1000s back from Mt Dennis.
  • Mt Dennis will be sending those 5 1000s back to Malvern and possibly get some NG Hybrids from Wilson as replacements for the GMs.
  • Queensway will possibly be sending the D40LFs to Eglinton, as mentioned before, and will get 60 8100s as replacements.
  • Wilson will be sending all of its 8100s to Birchmount and Queensway and will get 70 7900s from Arrow Rd and Birchmount, a couple NG Hybrids from Arrow Rd and the 8300s as replacements.

There are various parts that makes me skeptical of this. First off, the fact that Wilson is sending all of the 8100s away for some 7900s. Why would they give Wilson some OG VIIs when they already got rid of them and have all NGs. Also, why would Arrow Rd swap the 7900s for S50EGR VIIs. But of course the biggest skepticism is Eglinton getting the D40LFs. But in general, why such a large movement when all they have to do is send 30 or so 8100s to Birchmount to make some space for the 8300s and send some Hybrids to Mt Dennis to replace the GMs.