Yaxing Bus

Cimon8000

It looks nice, but let's hope that its build quality is, at least, adequate.

The purple interior lights are a bit unusual... and I see that this bus has typical Chinese bus seats in the rear section.

By the way: this is a Yaxing JS6840GHP, according to the press release. "JS6840GHP" breaks down into "JS", the two-letter code for Yaxing; "6", the code for a diesel bus; "8" for eight meters; and the rest is assigned by the manufacturer.

It looks nice, but let's hope that its build quality is, at least, adequate.

The purple interior lights are a bit unusual... and I see that this bus has typical Chinese bus seats in the rear section.

By the way: this is a Yaxing JS6840GHP, according to the press release. "JS6840GHP" breaks down into "JS", the two-letter code for Yaxing; "6", the code for a diesel bus; "8" for eight meters; and the rest is assigned by the manufacturer.

The interior lights aren't purple, it looks more like his interior shot facing the front. White LEDs tend to have a purple tinge to them, I think it just looks exemplified in some of those pictures!

Nice photos! Looking gorgeous for sure, I'm certain she will perform at least better than the Dart's :D

Looks nice for a community bus, that's for sure! I am not putting too much expectation in her long-term performance........as is the case with all modern low-floor Chinese buses, the quality of the build is so "cost-efficient" to an extent that from what I heard, the chassis of the bus started to bend after 8 years in China!

Dave

Looks nice for a community bus, that's for sure! I am not putting too much expectation in her long-term performance........as is the case with all modern low-floor Chinese buses, the quality of the build is so "cost-efficient" to an extent that from what I heard, the chassis of the bus started to bend after 8 years in China!

Dave

I'm finding that with a lot of things, not just buses. This 'cost-efficient' epidemic is actually going to cost us more in the long run.

Pictures can be very deceiving, but from the looks of it there's very little room for strollers, walkers and only one wheelchair position. The 30' Darts have very little room but those look very small on the inside. Based on the photos, theres no way they'd make a suitable replacement for us in Vernon, of course, we drivers aren't the one making the decisions ... lol

A little narrow but I think it would still be OK for the occasional wheelchair, etc.

Thanks for the extra pics :) Still looks teeny though, would like to see one up close sometime.

Vernon will eventually have to give up the Darts so I'm really curious if this bus would even be considered as a replacement. By the looks of the pictures I just can't see it working for us. Guess we'll just have to wait and see and continue to listen to the ol' rumour mill :P

The more I look at the pictures, the smaller it looks ... even compared to a 30' Dart ... lol!

Unless I'm countring wrong, but these have 6 seats less then the Darts - one row is missing (4 seats) towards the rear and the Darts also have 2 seats over the front wheel well behind the drivers seat. But I do like how the drivers compartment has the door, thats one thing I really like about the Darts. I don't like the openess that other buses like the Nova has.

The more I look at the pictures, the smaller it looks ... even compared to a 30' Dart ... lol!

Unless I'm countring wrong, but these have 6 seats less then the Darts - one row is missing (4 seats) towards the rear and the Darts also have 2 seats over the front wheel well behind the drivers seat. But I do like how the drivers compartment has the door, thats one thing I really like about the Darts. I don't like the openess that other buses like the Nova has.

Remember, these are meant to be replacements for the Community Shuttles which are only about 24' long.

Size and maneuverability are key for Community routes, and since these cost the same as a Ford cutaway and are low floor BC Transit wants to try one out.

Chris Cassidy

nice shots
Thanks! Here's another shot that I meant to post in the earlier post. Enjoy!

The rear wheels are interesting on this Yaxing bus. They are a single wheel (Not dual wheels as seen on most buses) and seem a bit wider in thickness and seem similar to what I have heard a style of wheel being called "Super Singles" if that's the correct term.

210210_00573yaxing.jpg

Remember, these are meant to be replacements for the Community Shuttles which are only about 24' long.

Size and maneuverability are key for Community routes, and since these cost the same as a Ford cutaway and are low floor BC Transit wants to try one out.

Chris Cassidy

Are they 30' or smaller then? I thought I read they were 30 footers so I assumed they would be possible replacements for current 30' low floor buses in the fleet.

Are they 30' or smaller then? I thought I read they were 30 footers so I assumed they would be possible replacements for current 30' low floor buses in the fleet.

There was a note in the Squamish Garage that said these buses were being considered as replacements for shuttles (or whatever the term is used by BC Transit) and the "short DARTs" i believe was the other term used.