Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

On 12/17/2022 at 9:55 AM, Seashore_518203 said:

I did not know this was a competition ! Based on the wording of your reply, it sure sounds that way.

All he said was that his source had differing information and gave the as-then reported fleet numbers.  You're getting all worked up and passive-aggressive over that?  Nobody should be made to feel like they have to walk around like they're on eggshells over something so minor.

• Root Admin
17 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

All he said was that his source had differing information and gave the as-then reported fleet numbers.  You're getting all worked up and passive-aggressive over that?  Nobody should be made to feel like they have to walk around like they're on eggshells over something so minor.

Sounds like you’re the one getting all worked up. Stop spamming my board.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JRM1000 said:

Just a few questions. 

Is the plan to have a fleet of all Nova CNG for the 40-footers? How common are the shared parts between the LFS and the D40LF and XD40’s?

Thank you.

Not much beyond wheels and tires generally speaking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

Is 2216 the only unit with that missing paint? From what ive saw (only saw a couple units), they had the full blue stripe.

It is the only one that I have noticed so far and is probably a one off. It is similar to 1702 being delivered without a front fleet number back in 2017.

4 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

There has been a recall for Novas built from 2013-2019. Something to do with the lights. Ill post the link below.

https://recalls-rappels.canada.ca/en/alert-recall/transport-canada-recall-2022696-nova-bus

Okay, so one, it doesn't effect the HSR. phew!

Two, what the hell? Why do they do this now? There has been no issues for 9 years?

Three, so all these lights will be white?

Screenshot_20221228-001256_kindlephoto-69164993.png

7 hours ago, Leapster10 said:

Okay, so one, it doesn't effect the HSR. phew!

Two, what the hell? Why do they do this now? There has been no issues for 9 years?

Three, so all these lights will be white?

Screenshot_20221228-001256_kindlephoto-69164993.png

To be federally legal, yes. The TTC has a provincial variance, I guess Ottawa is pulling rank.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 6:14 PM, hamilton.area.transit said:

Also, is there a update on when the 2201-2231 series will start to enter service?

The Rangers and AVL equipment is the only item left to install on the first of the 2200s. However, Bell is the contractor for the AVL equipment and they seem to be on their own timetable. I have not heard any timeline for Bell to show up on the property to start to install the Rangers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

Yea i know Bell is our contractor. You'd think HSR would make a appointment before they get delivered so they can get them on the road asap like theyre needed

Or they will show up after they have been delivered. They still need to get their plates, insurance and inspection before they can go on the road.

• Thanks 1

• Root Admin
On 1/7/2023 at 12:10 AM, hamilton.area.transit said:

Yea i know Bell is our contractor. You'd think HSR would make a appointment before they get delivered so they can get them on the road asap like theyre needed

Did you even read the previous comment? My god.

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2023 at 12:10 AM, hamilton.area.transit said:

Bell will be installing the radios some time this year between 1pm and 5pm.   ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/1/2023 at 6:14 PM, hamilton.area.transit said:

Just a couple questions regarding Novas. Why do most of our Novas fareboxes crash, bang, etc when going over bumps when Burlingtons dont (they use the same farebox as us)?

Also, is there a update on when the 2201-2231 series will start to enter service?

Cause it's Hamilton.... our roads are worse and the suspension cant deal with it. The fare boxes are also just physically older and in poorer condition.

• Like 1

I hope the new garage will allow the HSR to eventually make some serious service enhancements through fuel, labor and time savings from not having to deadhead to/from the mountain garage. Will also be nice to see the fleet expanded over the next few decades.

• Like 2