Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

2 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

Do you know what route 2119 was on? GTFS trackers were down

2119 was on 20 this morning and is not in service this afternoon.

2109 is on 6/7/8 all day.

2106 is on 23/24 this afternoon.

2105 is on 1 all day.

2101 is on 2 all day.

So much for my comment on the end of the Vicinities on odd routes. 1843, 1844, 1850 are on 20 this afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2022 at 6:47 PM, hamilton.area.transit said:

2101 has the old destination sign programming from years ago. Instead of saying "2 Barton, Hamilton GO Centre" it says "2 Barton, to Downtown" with "Barton" in a very small font. Hopefully it gets changed because its ugly and people have a hard time seeing the route name with it like that

This has been fixed. Thanks for posting about the inconsistency.

• Like 1

With every new order of buses that comes along, I'm surprised that the HSR is able to shuffle things around enough to fit them in at the mountain garage.

Anybody know whats going on with the construction of the new garage? I figure that must at least be beyond the design phase by now? I tried to google it but the latest thing I found was from 2020.

Edited by Wonka
cause the first version made no sense, whoops

5 hours ago, Wonka said:

With every new order of buses that comes along, I'm surprised that the HSR is able to shuffle things around enough to fit them in at the mountain garage. I figure that must at least be beyond the design phase by now? I tried to google it but the latest thing I found was from 2020.

They had to block off some of the staff parking to get the 21xx Novas in. I have no idea how theyre fitting them in

2117 is lined up for service today and should go out unless something happeneds

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2022 at 9:23 AM, hamilton.area.transit said:

2113 entered service today on the 2 Barton

20 minutes ago, CLRV4094 said:

2102 and 2118 have entered service today on the 2 Barton and 44 Rymal respectively.

Yikes.  One of my relatives who used to be a school teacher in Hamilton refers to Barton St. as "Drug Alley".

Did the two new buses survive their debut or did they get burned to the waterline to put it in nautical terms?

1 hour ago, CLRV4094 said:

2102 and 2118 have entered service today on the 2 Barton and 44 Rymal respectively.

2118 entered service on Sunday (the 23rd) on the 5E/52 but didnt last long (got changed off). 

Anyone know if this new seatbelt for drivers is a law now? Both Nova and New Flyer do it now, and ive heard bad reviews on them. To tight against their neck and very tight against the chest. 

40 minutes ago, Wayside Observer said:

Yikes.  One of my relatives who used to be a school teacher in Hamilton refers to Barton St. as "Drug Alley".

Did the two new buses survive their debut or did they get burned to the waterline to put it in nautical terms?

2113 lasted all day, 2102 has lasted so far, lets see how it does 😂

22 minutes ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

Anyone know if this new seatbelt for drivers is a law now? Both Nova and New Flyer do it now, and ive heard bad reviews on them. To tight against their neck and very tight against the chest. 

I believe it's now provincial law to include shoulder belts in the driver's compartment on any new bus purchases.

• Like 1

Route 18 Waterdown will be making its return but under a new name. The new name is Waterfront Mountaineer. This will only run from Aldershot GO, down to Plains Road and to the Walmart down in Waterdown with 30 minute service. The MyRideOnDemand will still run, but not making trips up to the Burlington area. From what im told (not 100% confirmed), 2 buses will be on the 18, and 2 other will be on the MyRideOnDemand. This target date for this to happen is November 5th.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

From what im told (not 100% confirmed), 2 buses will be on the 18, and 2 other will be on the MyRideOnDemand. This target date for this to happen is November 5th.

I'm an HSR driver and you are correct, the Mountaineer route will have 2 blocks at any given time completing a full loop every hour, for half-hour service. On demand will then have 2 buses at any given time. Obviously, both blocks are Garage to Garage, so you'll have 2 buses in the AM, then 2 new ones for the PM.

• Like 2