Is Subway Fast Food?

C2045

Is Subway Fast Food  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is Subway Fast Food

• Yes
    • No

Yes, still fast food, but more healthy (until you add mounds of sauce). B)

Or that bacon!

I would sooner go for Subway before other fast food. But I don't consider it fast food like McDonalds, as they make it to order infront of where as McD's its McMade and then McStored under the McHeating lamp for someone to buy it

Mustard is actually one of the healthiest condiments you can use. Very low in calories and lots of flavour.

There was a Subway in a Couch Turd near where I grew up, and in 2003 or 2004 the store was de-franchised with Couch Turd and re-branded as Shell Select, losing the Subway. They completely gutted the building and the renovation took about 4 months, and even now, about 5 years later, it STILL has that chemical Subway smell. It's disgusting.

Assuming its more healthy than say McDs or Burger King and the like, do you consider Subway fast food?

No its slow food because some people take their time on your sub and still make it sloppy! ;) (JK) Yes, its fast food because everything is in bulk, heated up or easily stored and easily made and served.

Mustard is actually one of the healthiest condiments you can use. Very low in calories and lots of flavour.

There was a Subway in a Couch Turd near where I grew up, and in 2003 or 2004 the store was de-franchised with Couch Turd and re-branded as Shell Select, losing the Subway. They completely gutted the building and the renovation took about 4 months, and even now, about 5 years later, it STILL has that chemical Subway smell. It's disgusting.

You mean Couche-Tard?? I thought it was the Quebec ver. of Mac's??

Alimentation Couche-Tard owns Mac's, and uses Mac's as an English brand for the company because most Anglophones would look at "Alimentation Couche-Tard" and think it was something nasty. I call it Couch Turd because I hate it. Bad service, high prices and they almost never have what I need. They also got rid of all the nachos and cheese things when they bought 7-11 of NWO. I still haven't gotten over that.

I also miss Cow Palace. They weren't particularly special, I just like the name.

• 2 weeks later...

In Ontario, alcohol can only be sold in the provincially-controlled LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) outlets. They are the largest single purchaser of alcohol in the world but that doesn't do anything for their prices. They sell a selection of beer (mostly expensive niche stuff), but most beer is sold at The Beer Store, which is a private entity owned by Molson/Coors, Labatt (InBev) and Sleeman (Sapporo). The Beer Store is effectively a government enforced private monopoly, and their prices are typically 5 to 50% higher than in other provinces, and 10 to 80% higher than in the US.

I used to support such a set up but no longer do. If selling beer in corner stores works in Quebec and Alberta without major social issues, I don't see why we can't have the same thing in Ontario.

Subway is technically fast food, but everything else points the other way...

Its over the counter, yes, but it is SLOW!!!!!!

It is also healthier, and lets you decide your toppings/sauce...

One thing though, I wish they'd sell loaves of their bread, 'cause its sooooooo good............ I'd buy their bread...... mmmmmmmm..... Italian Herbs and Cheese.......... yum