Orangeville Transit

G.A

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I was in Orangeville this afternoon however was not going to wait around for the cutaways to return to get photos. I saw all three buses however, two 2009s and one 2010 were providing service today. The buses are still numbered for Laidlaw and carry bus plates, and they each have a diamond farebox.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Oddly enough, they haven't updated the site to reflect the auction of it and the Burlington Handivan cutaways. I'm guessing that the Goshen G-Force (number?) has now entered service by process of elimination.

I would have also thought that 212968 would have been first to retire, as it was not only the oldest, but in worse condition than 099059. But I guess Orangeville had to replace something.

I also find this article and accompanying photo ironic, as the photo is of the bus that was recently replaced.

http://blog.ronanrealty.com/new-bus-in-the-orangeville-transport-fleet/

• 1 month later...

It's interesting to me that they're using the BN plates. I thought they were going with xxx xBH. I guess not.

The fleet is provided by contractor First Student (the fleet number is a dead giveaway), and they would plate the bus too. Typically large agencies buy large blocks of license plates and use them as needed, over a long period of time. The Orangeville division probably has a large block of those BN9 plates that they haven't used up yet, therefore that's why the new Orangeville bus got one.

• 10 months later...

Took a poke down to Orangeville. The service runs good but the buses don't wait til they all meet. They act like community bus where they only wait when theirs transfers. The two Titans were out along with that monster of a cutaway as well.

• 1 year later...

Town Conducts Transit Study
Monday, December 7, 2015 10:52 AM by Jill Young
Shelburne looks to improve transit for residents

[CAO for the Town of Shelburne, John Telfer,] says it'll either be done as an extension of Orangeville's transit line or the town of Shelburne would negotiate with a private carrier

According to the 2011 Census Shelburne has a population of 5,846 and according to Google maps it's about 26 km from Orangeville.

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

From the town of Orangeville website. Looks like Orangeville may soon be venturing into full sized transit buses:

Quotation 13PW-16 Supply and Delivery of One (1) New or Used Late Model 30-35' Fully Accessible Low Floor Transit Bus

Fantastic news!!!  All they need now is more GO bus service, especially on weekends.

Orangeville will be receiving 1 30' Grande West Vicinity in December 2016 after the tender results. Staff report recommends award to Grande West Transportation.

Grand West Transportation (Vicinity) - $382,850. 2016 model bus with December 2016 delivery date.

Girardin (New Flyer distributor) - $395,419. 2015 model bus with October 2016 delivery date.

http://orangeville.ca/get-file/4170 pages 69 and 70.

• Like 2