TTC Service Changes

Mike

New Service Summary for the June 19th board is up. I'm happy to say that HF buses will return to Kingston Rd. this summer with streetcar rail replacement taking place. Will be nice to see the V's but Kingston Rd. itself will probably be a traffic nightmare to say the least. Birchmount and Malvern will be operating the 502/503. Also, an extra bus added for Bay during weekday mid-day. With the current zoo at Bay/Front this should improve reliability somewhat.

http://www3.ttc.ca/PDF/Transit_Planning/Se..._2011-06-19.pdf

New Service Summary for the June 19th board is up. I'm happy to say that HF buses will return to Kingston Rd. this summer with streetcar rail replacement taking place. Will be nice to see the V's but Kingston Rd. itself will probably be a traffic nightmare to say the least. Birchmount and Malvern will be operating the 502/503. Also, an extra bus added for Bay during weekday mid-day. With the current zoo at Bay/Front this should improve reliability somewhat.

http://www3.ttc.ca/PDF/Transit_Planning/Se..._2011-06-19.pdf

No Vs this time. The service summary says Birchmount and Eglinton, not Malvern, will operate 502 and 503 this summer. If it is anything like last year I'm assuming that Birchmount will operate 502 while Eglinton will operate the 503 runs during peak periods.

No Vs this time. The service summary says Birchmount and Eglinton, not Malvern, will operate 502 and 503 this summer. If it is anything like last year I'm assuming that Birchmount will operate 502 while Eglinton will operate the 503 runs during peak periods.

Damn! How the hell could I miss that. Jumped the gun seeing HF thinking it would be the same as last year. Great more 7 variety to choose from. Oh well....

In reality, it'll probably be Orion VIIs out and about anyways.

I hope those ancient things don't make it out anywhere. I'd hate to cook in one of those.

And 1517's finally off that - but the charred D40LF isn't...

IMO, I wouldn't count 1517 out just yet.

Today I received a Davisville transfer cut for an Avenue Road bus. With the route transferring to Wilson last month, it's unusual that the transfers would not also have been carried over. What I wasn't aware of was that the 162 also appears on the transfer. Does this mean that the 162 gets Davisville transfers printed on all Sundays, despite the 28 not being scheduled to operate on Sundays?

Today I received a Davisville transfer cut for an Avenue Road bus. With the route transferring to Wilson last month, it's unusual that the transfers would not also have been carried over. What I wasn't aware of was that the 162 also appears on the transfer. Does this mean that the 162 gets Davisville transfers printed on all Sundays, despite the 28 not being scheduled to operate on Sundays?

162 does not run on weekends anymore. Since the service cuts last month it runs Weekdays only until 7pm.

I'm surprised that 28 doesn't share a transfer with 11 since it is treated somewhat as a branch of the route.

• 2 weeks later...
Bloor-Danforth Subway - Late Sunday Openings

On June 26, July 10, August 28, and September 25 subway service between St George Station and Pape Station starts at 12 Noon.

Due to the replacement of track beams on the Bloor Viaduct, on June 26, July 10, August 28, and September 25 subway service between St George Station and Pape Station starts at 12 Noon.

Shuttle Buses will run between St George and Pape stations, stopping at all stations in between. Customers will be required to board the Shuttle Buses on street. At St George and at Pape stations the buses will service the bus bays.

Accessible Shuttle Bus will run between St George and Main Street stations, stopping at Broadview and Bloor-Yonge. At St George, Broadview and Main Street stations, customers will board the accessible buses at a designated bus bay. At Bloor-Yonge Station, customers will be required to board the Accessible Shuttle Buses on street.

Regular Subway Service resumes at 12 noon on Sunday.

http://www3.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Rout...te_Openings.jsp

Also, I believe someone was talking about rerouting 81 to Donlands a couple weeks ago. Well the TTC will be doing so, temporarily, starting this weekend:

81 Thorncliffe Park - Bus roadway rehabilitation - June 26

Route diverting via Donalands Avenue to Donlands Station.

Starting Sunday, June 26, route 81 THORNCLIFFE PARK buses will divert to Donlands Station, during the reconstruction of the bus roadway at Pape Station.

Route 81 THORNCLIFFE PARK buses will divert in both directions via Donlands Avenue, crossing the Leaside Bridge to and from Overlea Boulevard.

http://www3.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Rout...ffePark_stn.jsp

WOW gotta love the advance notice from the TTC.

Anyone seen any signs in the stations? I've seen nothing

Also, I believe someone was talking about rerouting 81 to Donlands a couple weeks ago. Well the TTC will be doing so, temporarily, starting this weekend:

• 4 weeks later...

I found out the reason why Queensway is getting 26 Dupont from MD, MD equipment department asked if they could move a line to another div. because they cant keep up with making service due to all the dead hybrid buses.

Also 17 Birchmount will be moving to birchmount in september, Eglinton having the same problems with there buses.

Brad

I found out the reason why Queensway is getting 26 Dupont from MD, MD equipment department asked if they could move a line to another div. because they cant keep up with making service due to all the dead hybrid buses.

Also 17 Birchmount will be moving to birchmount in september, Eglinton having the same problems with there buses.

Brad

Eglinton has basically 260-odd of the same damn bus. I remember when I had to deal with 10 oil-leaking alternators (some which are only a few months old) all from Eglinton, on top of what I had from other garages.

Brad

Now the rumour is 6 Bay is next on the moving block.

Who on earth told you something as ridiculous as that?!? You should go smack them.

TTC Service Changes for August are up for those interested.

192's stops inside Pearson will be re-arranged to speed up service.

OLD: Terminal 3, Arrivals - Jetliner Road - Terminal 1, Ground.

NEW: Jetliner Road - Terminal 1, Ground - Terminal 3, Arrivals

As the summer loads coming in from abroad are often delaying the buses to reach Kipling. This will be... somewhat shorter to run from A to B. I'm going to have to see how this plays out.

Hmm, if the buses weren't required to run on Dixon... Oh, I dunno... :lol::D

...anyway.

Your 52/352 Lawrence West will be the only route without a bike rack / accessible designation in the conventional bus surface system. The 59, 141 and 171 will become routes that provide accessible bus service and back racks using low-floor buses.

And the 193 will be up and running again in time for the CNE.

Peace.

http://www3.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Serv...anges/index.jsp

Your 52/352 Lawrence West will be the only route without a bike rack / accessible designation in the conventional bus surface system. The 59, 141 and 171 will become routes that provide accessible bus service and back racks using low-floor buses.

http://www3.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Serv...anges/index.jsp

Unofficially 171 has always been like that since it opened. 59 ahead of 52? 52 is now the last GM route. Somebody at Davisville must have a real hate on for that line. Mind boggling.

Unofficially 171 has always been like that since it opened. 59 ahead of 52? 52 is now the last GM route. Somebody at Davisville must have a real hate on for that line. Mind boggling.

Or, they use Route 52 all the time and want it to stay a Newlook route :D:lol: Either way its easier for to track it down and ride them seeing has how they go to two stations

• 2 weeks later...
Who on earth told you something as ridiculous as that?!? You should go smack them.

Hey if u got a reason i be happy to here it, I work in the Maintenance at Queensway and dont post lies on here.

Queensway will be doing 501 and 506 shuttles plus route 26 in sept.

Brad

Hey if u got a reason i be happy to here it, I work in the Maintenance at Queensway and dont post lies on here.

Brad

Please delete, I got you mixed up with someone else.

(someone who had a usename very, very similar to yours)

Brad

The info I have is that Mt. Dennis is over capacity with buses. Hence parking several outside on newly (well new since last year... I think) painted lines. So to reduce the need for the number of buses we (Mt. Dennis) are shedding the Dupont Crews. I know that the hybrids have their problems, but sadly I admit that I drive more that are in working order then ones that break down (and believe me there are times I'm pretty much begging the bus to break down).

• 2 weeks later...

The new Service Summary is up for the September Board:

http://www3.ttc.ca/PDF/Transit_Planning/Se..._2011_09_04.pdf

Among the changes that have been discussed elsewhere on the board are the movement of three bus routes. In an effort to balance the number of buses the following routes have been reassigned:10 Van Horne will be operated by New Eglinton. 17 Birchmount will be operated by Birchmount and 26 Dupont to Queensway. 502 Downtowner and 503 Kingston Rd Tripper cars return. The City's watermain project has been pushed back to 2012. And due to track work at Long Branch Loop 501 and 301 cars will turn back at Kipling Loop. Shuttle buses will be provided between Long Branch and Islington. Shuttles will operate every 10-11 minutes in the peak and every 8 to 20 minutes in the off peak; utilizing approximately 1 to 3 buses.

Is this the board period were all those buses that were cut in the spring be used on busier bus routes this fall? Or was that just BS

They haven't bought any new buses to increase the size of the fleet, so how can they put more buses out at rush hours?

In other words, yes, it was bullshit.

Dan