Board new look, from scratch

BradLee

Board new look, from scratch  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel with the new CPTDB- the new look, the new memory, starting from scratch, etc.?

• Good. It's up again so i'm happy
    • Upset. There was so much useful information in the old one...
    • So-So. Although the memory is gone, I don't really mind starting from scratch again.

I'm fine with the new board. Some of the data lost in the reinstallation was useless. I don't really mind the file size restriction, as I have my own image host that allows me to hotlink.

There may have been a lot of useful information on the old board but there was also a lot of usless posts. Despite all that its sad that the useful info is gone.

I have mixed feelings. I am saddened that a lot of valuable posts were lost, but at the same time I think that as a group we've shown lots of fortitude by banding together and starting up again. All for one and one for all :o

Exactly, we're the 133 Musketeers... :o so far, maybe more to come?

Exactly, we're the 133 Musketeers... :o so far, maybe more to come?

It has more font features, but that's about it. Other than that, it's just a board with much less conveience and it kept putting new message when I go to this website which I've read it already. There's a clock problem when members posted if your not log in.

I'd have to go with upset because everything was lost. There was info that can never be recovered...

I'm also upset about losing all of the previous posts and there's that time problem that is driving me nuts.

Have you tried googling what your looking for and then viewing it in CACHE mode? That may be the only way to view the old posts.

BTW What happened to the Transit Lounge, is it going to be added later?

Have you tried googling what your looking for and then viewing it in CACHE mode?

Na, I'm too lazy to go through all that to get old posts.

BTW What happened to the Transit Lounge, is it going to be added later?

Good question. Well since some of the posts that were in the transit lounge are coming back in the members lounge, I guess we post them in that section!?

A lot of useful information was lost but on the bright side, this forum was back in a matter of 1 1/2 days, the admin likely spent a lot of time during that time to bring you back this board. There are many other boards which stay down for days, weeks, I have one thats been down for 5 years, I meet the webmaster in person asured it will return someday.

The stupid thing also appears to suffer from alzheimers. I log in, "Remember me" is checked, I come back an hour later and I'm not logged in.

You should check the settings on your own computer and browser. This thing has kept me logged in since it re-opened.

Im happy even is back up :P lol

Oh yeah! And its because i dont even need to read or reply all if i was in the in the old CPTDB. :P

Huh??? :)

Anyway, I'm sad to see that the old posts are gone. It's true that there was a lot of useful info on it. But also a lot of useless posts too. Wink, wink... :P

EDIT: One more infuriating thing, the POP-UP when you get on the board!!! Can it be done away with?

Huh??? :)

Anyway, I'm sad to see that the old posts are gone. It's true that there was a lot of useful info on it. But also a lot of useless posts too. Wink, wink... :P

EDIT: One more infuriating thing, the POP-UP when you get on the board!!! Can it be done away with?

You probably have Spyware or Adware on your computer. Download or buy an Anti-Ad/Spy-ware program.

I personally don't have ads on CPTDB

Wilson Wu

Markham, ON

• Board Admin

Those PM pop-ups are a new feature with this updated version of the board.

I changed the posting restriction to 1MB per post, instead of the 100kb it was apparently before.

If I get some time and figure out how, I'm going to try to put the old psots back up, just no registration or anything.