Passengers askin stupid question

D40-90

I think this guy was on crack:

Guy gets on 2 Barton going West to Downtown: "Ah, you're going West. Does that mean you're going to Toronto, then?"

Driver just stares at him, not sure if he's joking or serious, finally replying with: "Do you know what HSR stands for?"

I had this a while back. I was on the 131E heading STC. An Indian man came onto the bus at Lawrence saying.

Indian man: Do you go to Scarborough Town Centre?

Driver: Thats what the bus says.

Indian man: Sorry?

Driver: I said, Thats what the bus says. (in a sincere voice)

How about a triple York Mills Stn incident?

I was on a 95 York Mills bus that goes westbound to York Mills Stn and the guy asked the driver whether it went to York Mills Stn?

The word "York Mills" was used 3 times in that sentence! :(

How about a triple York Mills Stn incident?

I was on a 95 York Mills bus that goes westbound to York Mills Stn and the guy asked the driver whether it went to York Mills Stn?

The word "York Mills" was used 3 times in that sentence! <_<

LOL <_< WTF? :( That sentence doesn't even make any damned sentence. BTW, who said that?

LOL <_< WTF? :( That sentence doesn't even make any damned sentence. BTW, who said that?

He's saying he was on the '95 York Mills/To York Mills Stn', and the passenger asked if the bus went to York Mills Stn. I count 3 York Mills in his sentence. Nobody said it, it's just what happened. It's also funny (and stupid) that someone would ask where the bus went, when it clearly displays his destination twice. Although I wouldn't exactly blame a newcommer to the city for boarding a 160 Bathurst North bus and being disappointed that it doesn't go to Bathurst Station...

He's saying he was on the '95 York Mills/To York Mills Stn', and the passenger asked if the bus went to York Mills Stn. I count 3 York Mills in his sentence. Nobody said it, it's just what happened. It's also funny (and stupid) that someone would ask where the bus went, when it clearly displays his destination twice. Although I wouldn't exactly blame a newcommer to the city for boarding a 160 Bathurst North bus and being disappointed that it doesn't go to Bathurst Station...

Why? It usually displays Wilson Stn, ...when it works. Or they just ask the driver when he stops at the bus stop or they wait for the 7. Hopefully they won't have to put up with that much longer. <_<:(

People really need to learn how to read GO Transit destination signs. It must drive the drivers nuts especially on the HWY 2 local from people asking if the bus goes West, Scarborough, Ajax, etc when it is already in Whitby and heading to Oshawa. vice versa

On the 501 QUEEN, on Queen St: "Do you go to Queen Street?"

Me (on the PA): "Shaw is next, bus connection for route 63, Shaw"

Passenger: "Where did you say you're short turning?"

Me (on the PA, driving a car with the "short turn" flap up and 501 KINGSTON RD & QUEEN on my signs):

"This car turns at Kingston Rd and Queen, the next stop is Victoria/St Michael's Hospital"

"This car turns at Kingston Rd and Queen, the next stop is Ontario"

"This car turns at Kingston Rd and Queen, the next stop is Sackville/Good Shepherd Centre"

"This car turns at Kingston Rd and Queen, the next stop is Saulter/Boulton"

"This car turns at Kingston Rd and Queen, the next stop is Pape"

"This car turns at Kingston Rd and Queen, the next stop is Leslie"

"This car turns at Kingston Rd and Queen, the next stop is Connaught"

"Kingston Rd and Queen will be the next and final stop, Kingston Rd and Queen"

"This is Kingston Rd and Queen, last stop. This car is now going out of service, all passengers please exit."

Passenger 1: "Are you not going to Neville Park?"

Passenger 2: "Is this the last stop?"

Passenger 3: "Do you not go past Kingston Rd and Queen?"

Passenger 4: "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US YOU WERE SHORT TURNING!?!?!?!?! YOU PRICK!!!" (to which I usually reply "Actually the correct term is 'asshole', but you're close enough I guess."

On the 506 CARLTON, facing northbound at Parliament and Carlton, where the streetcar tracks make a clearly visible turn to the left: "Do you go straight up Parliament?"

On the 501 QUEEN between 7am and 7pm:

Me: "Excuse me ma'am, please take your transfer, it's your proof of payment"

Passenger: "No... I don't need it, and that would be a waste of paper"

(honest to god truth, I've seriously had this said to me!!)

Passenger: "Can you call out Lansdowne for me?"

Me: "Certainly."

Later on, on the Queensway at around Windermere or so, after having clearly called Lansdowne and every other stop on the line:

Passenger: "Have we passed Lansdowne yet?"

Me: "Yes, a long time ago."

Passenger: "HOW COME YOU DIDN'T CALL IT LIKE I ASKED?!?!? YOU ASSHOLE!!!"

Me: "Actually the correct term is 'prick', but you're close enough I guess."

Passenger: "Do you go to Lakeshore and Islington?"

Me: "No, take the Long Branch car."

Passenger: "Well how the heck are we supposed to know which one is the Long Branch car?"

Four passengers all getting on at the same time:

Passenger 1: "Do you go to Sherbourne?"

Me: "Yes."

Passenger 2: "Do you go to Sherbourne?"

Passenger 3: "Do you go to Sherbourne?"

Passenger 4: "Do you go to Sherbourne?"

Me: "No."

Passenger 4: "But you told those other guys you did!"

Me: "Oh you're right I did. My bad... I do go to Sherbourne."

(Hehehe)

You sound like my friend Jason, LOL on his 504 car, or when he's done 501, not often, but he does do it. Never been on his Spadina car, to scared too, lol

(at the Finch Station mezzanine level)

Madam: Uh, excuse me, sir?

Me: Yes?

Madam: Which way is the subway platform?

Me: Uh, it's down there *points down*.

Madam: Okay. *jumps for about 20 seconds* Am I there yet?

Me: No, you WALK down the stairs over there near Tim Hortons.

Madam: But the sign here says trains on the left AND the right! Which way do I go? Then there's a sign over there that says EXIT ONLY! Does it lead to the trains?

Me: No it doesn't, it leads outside.

Madam: I don't trust you, you look like a teenager. Teenagers always piss me off. I'm gonna walk out there and show you it is the subway platform.

Madam: *walks through the turnstiles*

Me: *whistles*

*10 minutes later*

Madam: *tries to walk in the turnstiles without paying fare*

Fare Collector: Excuse me, fare please?

Madam: WHAT!!!!! I paid my fare already!!! I got off the 39 bus!

Fare Collector: Transfer please?

Madam: I didn't get a goddamn transfer, I was trying to find the subway!!!!!

Fare Collector: I heard your conversation with that guy (points at me), he was telling the truth. Why did you not trust him?

Madam: Because he's a stupid teenager that leads people like me to the wrong direction!

Fare Collector: You know he was right, right?

Madam: Oh........*pays $2.75, walks down to the subway platform and gives me a cold look*

Fare Collector: *walks to me* Sorry dude about that.

Madam: But the sign here says trains on the left AND the right! Which way do I go? Then there's a sign over there that says EXIT ONLY! Does it lead to the trains?

Madam: I don't trust you, you look like a teenager. Teenagers always piss me off. I'm gonna walk out there and show you it is the subway platform.

*10 minutes later*

Fare Collector: I heard your conversation with that guy (points at me), he was telling the truth. Why did you not trust him?

Madam: Because he's a stupid teenager that leads people like me to the wrong direction!

Madam: Oh........*pays $2.75, walks down to the subway platform and gives me a cold look*

Yeah right. What the hell is he apologising to you for? Some other idiot's stupidity?

*10 minutes later*

I don't get what you mean by "jumps for about 20 seconds". She literally jumped up and down in the same spot?

I don't get what you mean by "jumps for about 20 seconds". She literally jumped up and down in the same spot?

Yes, like an idiotic, immature woman, even though she looked at least 50. That's what really got me to lose my respect for her.

There were people walking around, giving weird looks at her.

if he loves doing that then take 160 and then take 7A. How hard is that????
(at the Finch Station mezzanine level)Madam: Uh, excuse me, sir?Me: Yes?Madam: Which way is the subway platform?Me: Uh, it's down there *points down*.Madam: Okay. *jumps for about 20 seconds* Am I there yet?Me: No, you WALK down the stairs over there near Tim Hortons.Madam: But the sign here says trains on the left AND the right! Which way do I go? Then there's a sign over there that says EXIT ONLY! Does it lead to the trains?Me: No it doesn't, it leads outside.Madam: I don't trust you, you look like a teenager. Teenagers always piss me off. I'm gonna walk out there and show you it is the subway platform.Madam: *walks through the turnstiles*Me: *whistles**10 minutes later*Madam: *tries to walk in the turnstiles without paying fare*Fare Collector: Excuse me, fare please?Madam: WHAT!!!!! I paid my fare already!!! I got off the 39 bus!Fare Collector: Transfer please?Madam: I didn't get a goddamn transfer, I was trying to find the subway!!!!!Fare Collector: I heard your conversation with that guy (points at me), he was telling the truth. Why did you not trust him?Madam: Because he's a stupid teenager that leads people like me to the wrong direction!Fare Collector: You know he was right, right?Madam: Oh........*pays $2.75, walks down to the subway platform and gives me a cold look*Fare Collector: *walks to me* Sorry dude about that.
what a bitch. Total idiot. The answer is in front of her face and all. You know the cold look wasn't deserve. It was her fault. Stupid idiot. If i find her i'll tell her straight up. If i'm the next guy that she gives people a cold look.

You do know that 7A is only temporarily going to Bathurst Station right? Also, why not just ride 7 down instead of using 160 & 7A, 7 covers the whole 160 route excluding the York Region part.

My point was that a newcomer to the city, unfamiliar with the arrangement on Bathurst St., could have always taken a 7 bus before to the subway at Bathurst, and known that boarding a bus at that stop brings him to Bathurst Stn. If he walks to his stop, finds a 160 at his stop, he could just glance the sign (somewhat unlikely, if he's used the 7 a lot) and clue in on the 'Bathurst' part, and assume it goes the same place. It's quite easy for a lot of people to do that, even if they've been experienced with transit in other places. Until 2000, it would be easy to mistakenly board a 505 streetcar on Broadview when your destination is along King St, since the only difference was 1 number (they only listed 504/505 Dundas West Stn, no 'via King/Dundas' as they do now).

what a bitch. Total idiot. The answer is in front of her face and all. You know the cold look wasn't deserve. It was her fault. Stupid idiot. If i find her i'll tell her straight up. If i'm the next guy that she gives people a cold look.

OK, folks no need to beat a dead horse, we got the point. This is but a small sample of what I suspect many collectors and operators have to deal with on a daily basis and they're not allowed to get to upset when dealing with it! Just try to remember and appreciate that next time you think or someone tells you transit workers have an easy job. :D

One of my favourites was when I was waiting for the 37 on Wellington.

One of the buses come down with 'Hors-Service' on the sign and dropped off the last remaining people (I'm guessing it was previously a 11/17/48, as those get into Ottawa through King Edward). Some guy who was also waiting at the stop tried to get on that bus :S

It took a lot of effort to not laugh...