Greyhound Spottings & Photos

• 2 weeks later...

What happenend to GLC 102DL3 fleet # 10xx I don't see any In Toronto anymore?

There's been such an influx of 'good-as-new' US buses - most of which have stayed in Toronto - that the majority of the 15-year old 102-DL3s in Greyhound's fleet (the ones numbered in the 10xx series as well as some from the subsidaries) have either been retired/scrapped or kept as last resort vehicles that rarely go out.

Not all of the buses in the 10xx series are retired - just a few weeks ago I saw 1079 (102-EL3)

Greyhound 3410 running on west Georgia last night Downtown Vancouver. Checked the wiki with no mention of any 3400 series buses. Anyone want to shed some light?

There is a page on the 34xx series on the Wiki.

FYI these buses were ex-Greyhound USA and their subsidiaries. They aren't equipped with wheelchair lifts and as such can't be run in the US, so they sent them north to Canada, and we've just been running them until they die, similar to the 80xx series before them. 3410 in particular was Greyhound USA 1038.

There is a page on the 34xx series on the Wiki.

FYI these buses were ex-Greyhound USA and their subsidiaries. They aren't equipped with wheelchair lifts and as such can't be run in the US, so they sent them north to Canada, and we've just been running them until they die, similar to the 80xx series before them. 3410 in particular was Greyhound USA 1038.

Missed it in the list. Didn't see it show up because it was just a small strip :P After looking through the list, I guess this thing is doing a Vancouver to Toronto run seeing as how it is based out in Toronto. Unless it has other plans?

That looks like 3419...

Thanks, Typo fixed

Missed it in the list. Didn't see it show up because it was just a small strip :P After looking through the list, I guess this thing is doing a Vancouver to Toronto run seeing as how it is based out in Toronto. Unless it has other plans?

Thanks, Typo fixed

They do not put those units on the cross-country runs, as they cannot haul trailers, and they're prone to breakdowns. I tend to find that units end up floating out west, as one unit dies they send another west to replace it.

That is indeed 3419. Normally she would be somewhere on Vancouver Island. However her and the other 3400's that are in BC occasionally come across to Vancouver for maintenance. After the work has been done they often find themselves on the Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay Shuttle until an arrangement can be made to get them back onto the Island. In all likelihood, that's what she was doing when you saw her.

On Monday, we had a rare visit in New York City, by GLC 1333....I don't know which trip it came down on, but they sent it up to Montreal on trip 4034. That coach used to regularly come down to us from Toronto, so I believe it should have gone back to Toronto.....

On Monday, we had a rare visit in New York City, by GLC 1333....I don't know which trip it came down on, but they sent it up to Montreal on trip 4034. That coach used to regularly come down to us from Toronto, so I believe it should have gone back to Toronto.....

I guess they ran out of Trailways of New York Equipment for the Toronto - New York run or Montreal - New York run.

I guess they ran out of Trailways of New York Equipment for the Toronto - New York run or Montreal - New York run.

On the New York - Buffalo - Toronto pool, only GLI or Trailways of NY (NYT, ADT, PHK) equipment is pooled...GLC equipment is no longer in that pool. On extremely busy holiday's, they do sometimes come down.

On the New York to Montreal run, equipment is not pooled....GLI runs theirs on their schedules, and ADT runs their own (or occasionally other TNY equipment) on their runs.

The only time you would normally see a GLC coach is during holiday's, when a GLC coach (and driver), will supplement GLI resources....

• 2 weeks later...