Calgary Transit

kevlo86

Does anyone have info on which routes operate of which Garages?

It is quite hard to track which routes that operate out of which garages anyways. Route 3 for example can have buses from all 3 garages during the peak hours. The same goes for many other routes and even during off peak hours. CT is not set up like Translink.

As far as I know, Transit55 doesn't currently track which garage each key is out of (not to be confused with which garage each bus is out of). Though it's something I would love to see implemented into it one day in the future, since it varies so much every signup. I am not sure how possible it would be (if at all) but it's a suggestion for the creator of it!

Ah I see. This garage thing is actually uncommon up here in Vancouver. With a new garage opening in September, we are expecting several routes operating from multiple garages.

It is quite hard to track which routes that operate out of which garages anyways. Route 3 for example can have buses from all 3 garages during the peak hours. The same goes for many other routes and even during off peak hours. CT is not set up like Translink.

Well, I guess I found that the hard way out through seeing the difficulty on block history.

http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Victoria_Park_Garage I have no idea if this helps at all.

Ah I see. This garage thing is actually uncommon up here in Vancouver. With a new garage opening in September, we are expecting several routes operating from multiple garages.

Well, I guess I found that the hard way out through seeing the difficulty on block history.

http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Victoria_Park_Garage I have no idea if this helps at all.

If i recall, and Tallis can correct me if im wrong. The information the city has available for open schedule information doesnt include a garage the block is out of, let alone, what the block number (route and key) even is. The information shows its scheduled at point a at what ever time on what ever route and point b on what ever interline route but i dont believe it actually shows the block number for that work or the garage.

Im usually the one that posts any garage transfers and hopefully someone edits the wiki accordingly. Hopefully since i havent in a couple years lol. They are generally very seldom though. With no new rubber tire fleet expected in this budget year, that trend will most likely continue.

Finally had a chance to look through this. Wow, I'm definitely impressed. Great job on this website Tallis!

Any chance you can integrate the CTrains on this site? Be really nice to see if waiting for the next train will net me a series 5-6-7 instead of those freaking horrible seats on the series 8 trains.

Or on the flip side, where to be to catch some photos of the series 9 trains when they start to roll in service!

Jon

Oh he wishes the data was available for the CTrain cars..... Oh and how do you like the seats on 2333 compared to the other Series 8's!?

OMFG - I sat in 2333 ONCE. It's even worse than the bucket seats. Hard on the ass, sliding back and forth, and yeah. I got out of the seat and stood up. Would've thought of changing cars too, but decided it wasn't worth it.

Jon

At least the bench seat on 2333 means that there is space for shoulders. Those too-small seats are probably the worst part of the ~7.5 hours a week I spend commuting on transit. I've been worried about the s200 seats ever since I heard of them...

fraking hell. "We're not happy until you're not happy" - Must be the new motto of Calgary Transit to its customers. Yes, I get that they're less expensive to maintain, but to decrease the comfort level isn't going to help anyone win arguments to ride Transit.

Jon

fraking hell. "We're not happy until you're not happy" - Must be the new motto of Calgary Transit to its customers. Yes, I get that they're less expensive to maintain, but to decrease the comfort level isn't going to help anyone win arguments to ride Transit.

Jon

With a motto like that I think you should get a job in PR for the city!