ETS Photos

M. Parsons

I think that it's between 116 St and 117 St facing west. The park on the south side of Jasper doesn't exist today, but would be where the Macs is now. But mainly, the commercial building just ahead of the bus on the driver side has the distinctive upper windows of Woody's. Also, I don't think that's my building, as the balconies are too close to the corners for that to be the case. Plus, if this was at 115 St facing west, you'd be able to see the breakers on the trolley wires at 116 St.

95 St Portal.

I wanted to have the bus and a blurred train...

Then I panned the train and blurred the bus...

Followed by some U2 action.

Some LFRs... 1 on the 2 Highlands, and one on the 3 Cromdale. Too bad they weren't a pair of BBC's, or Brill's. Note the bike on the route 3.

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

Forgot this one...

1064 running NIS... part of why there were no northbound trains for 30 minutes... at least.

What's particularly interesting about this photo... at least for me taking it...

This train didn't slow down much through the station. I think it was probably going 30 km/h when I took the pic, and was back up to track speed soon after.

The image was taken at 1600 ISO and with a 50mm F1.8 lens... although I had it set at F3.2.

What blew me away was I had the camera on manual focus after using my telephoto lens on B3600 in Churchill, hence, I didn't focus... the train happened to be at just the right distance for what the lens was set at.

DSC00239A.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

A small selection of 27 ETS photos I scanned from my two 1999 trips to Edmonton. ETS 1978 GM T6H-5307N #772 - "The City of Champions" taken in December of 1999 and a couple of images of ETS 1982 GM T6H-5307N #4024 which later became Strathcona County Transit #4024 for a short time. images of #4024 also taken in December 1999.

241299ets772.jpg

241299ets772a.jpg

241299ets4024.jpg

241299ets4024a.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How many new units you getting?

Better yet, is that an 2012 D40LFR? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And hopefully they get quite a few, so the next time I visit, I can ride one! I know we're going to have 70 back home, but at least ETS livery looks much better than all-white with 4 insignificant color stripes...

The new addition to the fleet... unit 4879

That's really weird using an International steering wheel truck!

How many new units you getting?

Heard 20, can't remember what the NFI rep. told me what model, but this is it. This one do have rooftop heater.

Heard 20, can't remember what the NFI rep. told me what model, but this is it. This one do have rooftop heater.

On the Wiki, someone put the number at four, so its either going to be a wrapped 747, or for the 590/C-Line service. If they order more though, that'd be awesome! And it's also a/c, makes 30 degree bus rides not so harsh :)