Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

The trolley overhead crew spent the day moving the feeder cable on Seymour St between Hastings and Dunsmuir to the west side of the street from the east side due to impending building construction of a new building at Pender and Seymour.

Just in time to catch drivers off guard for the detours on March 13 & 14th.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there supposed to be a bus loop integrated into the mall back when it was being renovated ???

It was supposed to be on the NE corner of 150th street and 104th Avenue. Ivanhoe Cambridge didn’t want any such bus loop or any buses running through the parking lots, so we are left with the current configuration.

It’s horribly disjointed because you have several bays (C73, 337 and 326) which are several hundred meters away and not lit well at night. You have to walk across a dark parking lot in the evening to get to Bay 4 from Bay 1 and 2.

Worth noting that the City of Surrey may install more fencing between 150th \to 152nd as too many people are J-Walking to get from one side to the other. Stupidity all around.

Guildford residents being NIMBY's again. They will be adjusting the 96 NIS route due to noise complaints - 104th Ave, 154th St, Guildford Dr, 152nd St, to 104th Ave. I cannot understand how those residents continue to be so vocal about this.

how loud can a series 50 be?

TransLink should think about building an exchange at Guilford Mall since LRT will coming to the mall and most bus routes will made end their. I also feel that they should take a look at building an exchange at Highway 1 offramp (HOV) at 156 St with the LRT terminus at the exchange for connection to Carvolth exchange and Lougheed Station.

It was supposed to be on the NE corner of 150th street and 104th Avenue. Ivanhoe Cambridge didn’t want any such bus loop or any buses running through the parking lots, so we are left with the current configuration.

It’s horribly disjointed because you have several bays (C73, 337 and 326) which are several hundred meters away and not lit well at night. You have to walk across a dark parking lot in the evening to get to Bay 4 from Bay 1 and 2.

Worth noting that the City of Surrey may install more fencing between 150th \to 152nd as too many people are J-Walking to get from one side to the other. Stupidity all around.

Yea, I remember seeing the blue prints of the mall expansion a while ago and saw a bus loop dedicated to that corner of the lot :/ To bad it didn't go through because we wouldn't be having to deal with this BS right now :/

Why doesn't Translink move the buses from Bay 4 to Bay 1 or 2 ?? Is it not possible ?

I wonder how hard is it to go into the mall ( when its open ) and safely go over the walk way to the other side :/

================================================================================================

Oh btw, did something happen today on Hwy 91 EB this afternoon ? I'm asking this because Westminster Hwy was a parking lot from about Graybar Rd all the way out to about No.7 Rd. I saw about 12 buses stuck along Westminster Hwy and I even saw 7490 among the buses that were stuck.

UkwfAc8.png?2

^^

Stalked their twitter and read that there was an MVA... :3 Good thing I decided to scale hastings street after school today, instead of taking a 301 or 351/601.

Since im already here, I somehow ended up paying 75 cents for my return fare to surrey this evening. I put in a toonie and somehow I got $1.25 as my change...

Yea, I remember seeing the blue prints of the mall expansion a while ago and saw a bus loop dedicated to that corner of the lot :/ To bad it didn't go through because we wouldn't be having to deal with this BS right now :/

Why doesn't Translink move the buses from Bay 4 to Bay 1 or 2 ?? Is it not possible ?

I wonder how hard is it to go into the mall ( when its open ) and safely go over the walk way to the other side :/

No more space for buses to layover.

It's already a complete mess during peak-hours at Bay 1 and 2. You sometimes have 3 buses coming at the same time, and elderly people are forced to dash to catch a bus.

TransLink should think about building an exchange at Guilford Mall since LRT will coming to the mall and most bus routes will made end their. I also feel that they should take a look at building an exchange at Highway 1 offramp (HOV) at 156 St with the LRT terminus at the exchange for connection to Carvolth exchange and Lougheed Station.

I was reading a City of Surrey planning report for a commercial development on the northeast corner of 156th St/104th Ave a few months back and it said that the developer is building a small transit exchange along with layover space and washroom facilities for drivers as part of the development. There was mention of a multi-use path connecting it with the 555 bus stops on the HOV ramps and it also said this exchange would be the eastern terminus of the LRT line to Guildford if it gets built.

^^

Stalked their twitter and read that there was an MVA... :3 Good thing I decided to scale hastings street after school today, instead of taking a 301 or 351/601.

Since im already here, I somehow ended up paying 75 cents for my return fare to surrey this evening. I put in a toonie and somehow I got $1.25 as my change...

Thanks, I was wondering what was causing that mess today :P

No more space for buses to layover.

It's already a complete mess during peak-hours at Bay 1 and 2. You sometimes have 3 buses coming at the same time, and elderly people are forced to dash to catch a bus.

Can't they just move Bay 4 over to along 104th or is that impossible to do ? For an example, where that Unloading Bay is, convert that to become the new Bay 4.

I was reading a City of Surrey planning report for a commercial development on the northeast corner of 156th St/104th Ave a few months back and it said that the developer is building a small transit exchange along with layover space and washroom facilities for drivers as part of the development. There was mention of a multi-use path connecting it with the 555 bus stops on the HOV ramps and it also said this exchange would be the eastern terminus of the LRT line to Guildford if it gets built.

I believe you're talking about this project right ?

http://www.surrey.ca/bylawsandcouncillibrary/PLR_7913-0189-00.pdf

Go to page 29 if you want to see renderings of this project.

Seems like the URL is dead, so I'll edit this post later with some screens shots of the project.

yRu560n.png?2

QPMkDC5.png?2

KigB7IS.png?2

I think you could tell where the bus stops are located at.

Originally there was supposed a bus exchange tied into that development (many dubbed it the Fraser Heights Exchange ) but it has since been scrapped. Translink was also looking to buy property down near Guildford Dr and 154th, but that plan was also nixed back in 2009. Guildford Mall will be the primary transportation hub from here on out. A properly built bus loop will have to be constructed once the LRT line is completed. There is not enough room to fit idling buses and a LRT line under that overpass.

Quick question. Not sure if this was asked in the past or not, but does anyone know why on the windows of the 2006, 2007, 2009, and 2012 New Flyer orders and all NovaBus orders have the red "For Your Safety Please Hold On" decals replacing the factory white with blue text "For Your Safety, Please Hold On" decals?

Quick question. Not sure if this was asked in the past or not, but does anyone know why on the windows of the 2006, 2007, 2009, and 2012 New Flyer orders and all NovaBus orders have the red "For Your Safety Please Hold On" decals replacing the factory white with blue text "For Your Safety, Please Hold On" decals?

I imagine that it's because red stands out more than white and/or the red stickers feature a larger font.