Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

Not too sure if this is the right thread or not, but TransLink/CMBC is looking into retrofitting STC to accommodate CNG buses-

http://www.translink.ca/-/media/Documents/about_translink/doing_business_with_translink/bidding_opportunities/Q15%20059/Q15059%20Design%20and%20Construction%20Engineering%20Services%20for%20STC%20CNG%20Retrofit%20RFP.pdf

Page 6: "[sTC has been identified] as one of the Transit Centre locations that will operate and maintain a portion of the CNG bus fleet" (1.1) and "...retrofit and upgrade the existing STC facility in order to fuel an initial fleet of 100 CNG buses with the possibility to expand up to 200 CNG buses in the future" (1.3)

Not too sure if this is the right thread or not, but TransLink/CMBC is looking into retrofitting STC to accommodate CNG buses-

http://www.translink.ca/-/media/Documents/about_translink/doing_business_with_translink/bidding_opportunities/Q15%20059/Q15059%20Design%20and%20Construction%20Engineering%20Services%20for%20STC%20CNG%20Retrofit%20RFP.pdf

Page 6: "[sTC has been identified] as one of the Transit Centre locations that will operate and maintain a portion of the CNG bus fleet" (1.1) and "...retrofit and upgrade the existing STC facility in order to fuel an initial fleet of 100 CNG buses with the possibility to expand up to 200 CNG buses in the future" (1.3)

I am glad to see that CNG will becoming to STC.

Wow, I was right about STC getting CNG buses. But, I glad to see that CNG will becoming to STC.

I remember back in 2013 everyone had doubts that CNG would ever expand to STC and we would always get into arguments about that.

With that being said, I do hope that we get the C40LFR's from PTC while they can get the 2015 order of XN40's to compensate the loss of the C40LFR's.

I remember back in 2013 everyone had doubts that CNG would ever expand to STC and we would always get into arguments about that.

With that being said, I do hope that we get the C40LFR's from PTC while they can get the 2015 order of XN40's to compensate the loss of the C40LFR's.

Now we cannot argument about CNG buses coming to STC. So, STC will be staying New Flyer for the future.

Some how I don't think that TransLink would do that because it said 100 buses for an initial buses for STC compared to 50 C40LF in PTC.

Now we cannot argument about CNG buses coming to STC. So, STC will be staying New Flyer for the future.

Some how I don't think that TransLink would do that because it said 100 buses for an initial buses for STC compared to 50 C40LF in PTC.

We'll see what will happen, though I still do believe that the C40LFR's will head down to STC and the 2015 order will go to PTC to compensate the loss of the C40LFR's. Then for the 2016 order, the buses could be split up between STC and HTC.

Oh and 7381 was doing a 352 this morning.

We'll see what will happen, though I still do believe that the C40LFR's will head down to STC and the 2015 order will go to PTC to compensate the loss of the C40LFR's. Then for the 2016 order, the buses could be split up between STC and HTC.

Some how I feel like PTC currently have too many CNG buses to a point that they don't run as much D60LF anymore. Maybe its just me, but now I hardly see any 60ft bus on 97 and 160 (which they used to have about 1/2 to 1/3 artic), and the artic run on the 190 I take almost always got replaced by a XN40.

Looking at tcomm, seems that many of PTC artics are seldomly used since Jan/Apr, for as little as 3 or 5 days for the past 2 weeks. There are 6 or 7 of them that has not been in service for weeks to up to 5 months. I always wonder what happens to them...

Looking at tcomm, seems that many of PTC artics are seldomly used since Jan/Apr, for as little as 3 or 5 days for the past 2 weeks. There are 6 or 7 of them that has not been in service for weeks to up to 5 months. I always wonder what happens to them...

Could it possibly be... they are in for maintenance?

Some how I feel like PTC currently have too many CNG buses to a point that they don't run as much D60LF anymore. Maybe its just me, but now I hardly see any 60ft bus on 97 and 160 (which they used to have about 1/2 to 1/3 artic), and the artic run on the 190 I take almost always got replaced by a XN40.

May not be related but the BTC begun reducing the number of D60LF's on evenings and weekends due to noise complaints that amassed along corridors (Hastings/ W Broadway) for years prior to 2012.

Could be that some units are being stored/retired?

8085 is undergoing something at BTC but thats all I know for now. In terms of noise complaints, it shouldnt be a factor since D60LF are used on the N9. To my knowlege, one of those trips starts at 2pm with the Archbishop Carney special.

On another note, This Subaru commercial was shot in Vancouver and it features 3155 in it.

https://youtu.be/7Q3KwsiVpZY

May not be related but the BTC begun reducing the number of D60LF's on evenings and weekends due to noise complaints that amassed along corridors (Hastings/ W Broadway) for years prior to 2012.

Come on.

This is just speculation without any basis in fact. The D60LFs are not notably louder than their 40ft equivalents (on an engine to engine basis).

They've been running these buses on both of those corridors for over 15 years. The 99 B-Line, especially, at night, is packed full until very late in the evening, with artic equipment.

This evening when I was coming into Edmonds from Royal Oak, I spotted a couple of teenage boys throwing sticks at the skytrain I was on. They were just a bit north of the station with a decent sized pile of sticks on the ground and when my train came by, they just started throwing as many sticks as they can at the skytrain.

This evening when I was coming into Edmonds from Royal Oak, I spotted a couple of teenage boys throwing sticks at the skytrain I was on. They were just a bit north of the station with a decent sized pile of sticks on the ground and when my train came by, they just started throwing as many sticks as they can at the skytrain.

Did you at least tell Transit Police?

Did you report it to staff/customer info/TPs?