Drivers calling out stops

busman

As of August the 25th, the TTC is now required to call out ALL the stops on the buses. Has anyone heard any driver calling the stops out? I personally havent heard any drivers call all the stops out yet. Major intersections and stuff like that i hear, but not ALL stops as they r now required. Anyone else have any info on this... ?

As of August the 25th, the TTC is now required to call out ALL the stops on the buses. Has anyone heard any driver calling the stops out? I personally havent heard any drivers call all the stops out yet. Major intersections and stuff like that i hear, but not ALL stops as they r now required. Anyone else have any info on this... ?

i understand calling out the major intersections but all is just insane

I can't recall one trip in the past two days where I didn't hear the vast majority of the announcements being called.

Dan

Last week on route 94 I had a driver who actually paused the Automated Announcements and call out all the stops himself. Today on the two buses I rode only one driver called out stops, and he only called out major stops.

My regular mid-afternoon driver friend on the 98 always calls all the stops. He told me there are stop sheets printed at his division(wilson) with every stop for every route and joked that next week he will see a 20 min. video on the 'proper procedure for calling stops', huh? :D yeesh, lighten up people. :lol: Anyway, there should be no excuses after that, and apparently they will be monitored. :P:P

My regular mid-afternoon driver friend on the 98 always calls all the stops. He told me there are stop sheets printed at his division(wilson) with every stop for every route and joked that next week he will see a 20 min. video on the 'proper procedure for calling stops', huh? :D yeesh, lighten up people. :lol: Anyway, there should be no excuses after that, and apparently they will be monitored. :P:P

Haven't they always been monitored? I've heard many surface drivers/operators (both Bus and Streetcar) say that supervisors that look like regular passengers get on random TTC vehicles and see if the driver calls out stops, but I don't know what happens if the driver doesn't call out the stops.

I find it very rare that the driver calls out ALL the stops, it's usually just the main streets unless the bus and route have the automated announcements.

I think it's really unfair to expect the drivers to be able to memorize and recall every single minor street. I always hated it when people start asking for directions like the driver knows every single laneway and address in Toronto.

I was on Steeles West on the weekend and the driver was really trying to call most of the stops but I couldn't hear him because of the background noise on the bus so it really didn't help much.

The driver wasnt joking.

All operators r doing a training coarse on how to properly call out the stops and there is a video to watch. Birchmount is starting the training this friday.

There's one driver in Hamilton that calls out major stops over the bus' intercom. I've had him a few times on 'Route 2 Barton' but haven't had him in a few months or so. I actually thought it was pretty cool and commented to the HSR about it.

There's one driver in Hamilton that calls out major stops over the bus' intercom. I've had him a few times on 'Route 2 Barton' but haven't had him in a few months or so. I actually thought it was pretty cool and commented to the HSR about it.

look for him on the 1 King or the 5, 52, 5A, 5C. sometimes even the 41 Mohawk or the 26/25 upper wellington/wentworth. or even on the 10 Beeline.

there are a FEW hsr people that call stops, but usually they dont, I have sent a copy of the official TTC notice (the drivers recieved it in thier pay envolopes) to a few of my friends in HSR.

It was a conversation piece for them.

You would think that now that they have to call it out by court order they would...

But since most divisions are starting the training this week, maybe we should give time for all drivers to do the training then see if they start calling them all out.

At Birchmount, they wont give you the list with all the stops on it until you have done the training.

hl7534, you wont like what I'm about to say. Today on 7405 on the 34, NONE of the stops were called out. The auto annouce wasn't annoucing nor was the driver. It took about almost half an hour to get from Eglinton Station to Pharmacy. 7487's annoucements were working. The driver of 6715 was annoucing transfer points.

Then it must have been Warden I thought it was but I didn't check

190 does go between Don Mills Station & Victoria Park Ave but it goes express between there. Maybe you rode the 224 Victoria Park or 85 Sheppard East. What type of bus were you riding?

ok, today I was in Malvern Territory, the driver on the 133 this morning called ALL the stops (I rode out to the end of the line)

This afternoon the driver on the 131 Nugget called out them all too.

The stupid RT was no stops called both this morning and this afternoon, I hate that thing!

on the 30 Lamibton stops were called , it was NOT the regular driver though.

this morning both 7742 and 7540 on 65 Parliment, the system worked.