2020 (-2023) Articulated 60' Bus Procurement

Express691

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, UprisingCanadian said:

Our 2022 XDE60s haven't even been fully delivered and the 2023s are arriving now 🤣

Yes all 2022's (2021 order) have arrived far as i see on tcomm. The order was shortened to 25 ONLY. We also were to get 32 more Deckers but they shortened the order on them to 25 as well. 

Says wiki (sorry for copy and paste) 

The order of 19 units in 2020 and 30 in 2021 was first mentioned in May 2019 for service expansion along existing routes.[1] Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the order for 19 units in 2020 was deferred to 2021 and was revised for an order of a total of 55 units due to arrive in August 2021.[2] This was later revised to 25 units. Production and delivery of this order were then further delayed due to a global shipping and logistics shortage, among other challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

40 minutes ago, Busmanic92 said:

Yes all 2022's (2021 order) have arrived far as i see on tcomm. The order was shortened to 25 ONLY. We also were to get 32 more Deckers but they shortened the order on them to 25 as well. 

No, that was supposed to be 25. You're mixing up 2019 (32) and 2021 (25) for 57 as planned.

Meanwhile something tells me these are not the D60LFR replacements. Those 16 units are supposed to be arriving in 2024.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Vancitytransit said:

Im starting to get concerned about the 2022 and 23 XDE60s i hope btc gets some so I can see some newer stuff on the 44

Okay TransLink depot management, you heard the man: get newer equipment on the 44! Chop chop!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Unfortunately that's not how it works. When newer meets the older, the newer takes over the older ones duties. Sadly the next old ladies go when these ones do come

But when it's for expansion, or turn-me-down they may swap or send to other garage. So you may see them on the 44. Maybe even on trolley route during detours. 

Jeez calm down, it’s not like CMBC randomly decided “screw it, we’re scrapping these now and they’ll never see the light of day for revenue service.”

Testing and commissioning vehicles, especially in the transportation sector, is no simple overnight task. The entire process of inspecting, testing and commissioning transit vehicles usually takes up to about 6 months, especially during the start of a new order to make sure there’s no production errors and the vehicles & on-board amenities actually run without activating refreshing waterfalls in a driver’s compartment full of electrical components during their runs, especially if any new/updated features are being added. Judging by how long these units have already been in Metro Van, my guess is if everything goes well they’ll start making their way to HTC for testing in a month or so and enter revenue service about a month or so after, similar to how previous Xcelsior orders entered service, assuming nothing goes wrong.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, 96 Blader Line said:

Bus bays reorganizations at Newton and Scott Road station as follows starting 10/16.
Newtons:
Bay 3: 324, 325, 342.
Bay 5: R1
Bays 1 and & 8 closed.
Scott Road:
Bay 5: 321
Bays 3 & 4 closed.
All relating to the R6 construction.

Shouldn't this be under transit service discussion? I don't see anything regarding buses, just reorganizations for R6. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2023 at 10:53 PM, Vancitytransit said:

Im starting to get concerned about the 2022 and 23 XDE60s i hope btc gets some so I can see some newer stuff on the 44

I've heard rumors that they will be basing these out of VTC (if this is to be the 22s or 23s or other artics transferred from elsewhere could be a possibility) 

Supposedly they want to put artics onto the 2/25, but dont hold me to this information as I'm not sure it's accurate, just what I've heard through the grapevine 

17 hours ago, Marlow1331 said:

I've heard rumors that they will be basing these out of VTC (if this is to be the 22s or 23s or other artics transferred from elsewhere could be a possibility) 

Supposedly they want to put artics onto the 2/25, but dont hold me to this information as I'm not sure it's accurate, just what I've heard through the grapevine 

I've heard similar information about artics on the 2. I've also heard this as the reason why they're pulling artics off the 240.