2020 (-2023) Articulated 60' Bus Procurement

Express691

1 hour ago, Michael Marriott said:

The current assignments are

21001-3: BTC

21004: HTC
21005: STC

21006+: VTC

Why does HTC need one? There’s always RapidBuses sitting around no matter what time of day you go by there. I can understand BTC with the slight 99 B-Line shortage due to the construction and even STC with their limited non-RapidBus artics for the 503, but not HTC with their surplus RapidBus units.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Internal source: Options for 15 additional (RapidBus) units have been exercised.

The expansion covers the units needed for the R6 but may not necessarily mean that these units get deployed to STC.

Currently there are 15 buses needed for the R1 which has roughly the same runtime as the 319. Hence R6 should be running at least every 8.5 minutes.

Production is to start Q3 2022.

Subject to change.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Internal source: Options for 15 additional (RapidBus) units have been exercised.

The expansion covers the units needed for the R6 but may not necessarily mean that these units get deployed to STC.

Currently there are 15 buses needed for the R1 which has roughly the same runtime as the 319. Hence R6 should be running at least every 8.5 minutes.

Subject to change.

i cant wait for the r6 to be out

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

Subject to change.

So does it factor in R7 or just a better frequency for the latter?

23 hours ago, 96 Blader Line said:

So does it factor in R7 or just a better frequency for the latter?

It might not even be that. Between the existing RapidBus network and replacement of 40' coaches, there's all kinds of places where TransLink could use more artics on the existing network. In fact, in the context of their extreme needs for new operators, I'm surprised that TransLink hasn't ordered even more artics in place of 40-footers.

On 9/21/2022 at 5:43 AM, Express691 said:

Subject to change.

Let's hope the water leaks don't delay- wait wrong manufacturer, sorry. 

• Haha 2

• 6 months later...

Random question: Does anyone know what’s going to come out of the 2021 order for 48 buses that was postponed during the pandemic. Will this order come to fruition? It’s still listed on the wiki page. 

Sorry for the bump but I don’t know which other thread to post this in.

4 hours ago, WillieTL said:

Random question: Does anyone know what’s going to come out of the 2021 order for 48 buses that was postponed during the pandemic. Will this order come to fruition? It’s still listed on the wiki page. 

Sorry for the bump but I don’t know which other thread to post this in.

I'm wondering the same thing. Send them to PCTC, give Surrey 14's and 5 16's, transfer a couple of the d40lfr's to vtc to retire rest of those d40lf's, send rest to pctc. 

They should be next to get anything new on this side (to me anyways)

9 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

I'm wondering the same thing. Send them to PCTC, give Surrey 14's and 5 16's, transfer a couple of the d40lfr's to vtc to retire rest of those d40lf's, send rest to pctc. 

They should be next to get anything new on this side (to me anyways)

Having the buses be standard diesel only instead of hybrid or CNG would suggest Burnaby or Richmond to me. Burnaby has long been equipped with diesels to run up the North Shore mountains, and Richmond (at least last I checked) didn't have enough hybrid technicians to service 12m hybrid buses. 

On 4/25/2023 at 7:49 PM, buizelbus said:

Having the buses be standard diesel only instead of hybrid or CNG would suggest Burnaby or Richmond to me. Burnaby has long been equipped with diesels to run up the North Shore mountains, and Richmond (at least last I checked) didn't have enough hybrid technicians to service 12m hybrid buses. 

I do remember Translink did do an order back in 2019 from Nova Bus for more LFS HEV’s, this is likely the batch of 48 buses that are postponed to this date.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, WillieTL said:

I do remember Translink did do an order back in 2019 from Nova Bus for more LFS HEV’s, this is likely the batch of 48 buses that are postponed to this date.

I can't seem to find the cited source for the 2019 order from the Wiki though; the Mayor's Council Report from 17 May 2019 that is supposed to contain a reference to the order doesn't, and there's no other mention of it in any 2019 Council meeting from my brief skim-through.

1 hour ago, buizelbus said:

I can't seem to find the cited source for the 2019 order from the Wiki though; the Mayor's Council Report from 17 May 2019 that is supposed to contain a reference to the order doesn't, and there's no other mention of it in any 2019 Council meeting from my brief skim-through.

It was never formally announced by Translink so I don’t think you will find it in the wiki info but there was one mention of it on this forum, don’t remember which thread it was. This will probably be a tedious search but I’ll try and look for that post.

14 hours ago, WillieTL said:

It was never formally announced by Translink so I don’t think you will find it in the wiki info but there was one mention of it on this forum, don’t remember which thread it was. This will probably be a tedious search but I’ll try and look for that post.

I vaguely remember hearing about it, especially as I was more into the scene in 2019.

The Wiki does mention an order of that many standard buses, but the cited source doesn't contain any mention of it.

On 4/29/2023 at 5:33 PM, buizelbus said:

I vaguely remember hearing about it, especially as I was more into the scene in 2019.

The Wiki does mention an order of that many standard buses, but the cited source doesn't contain any mention of it.

My memory is telling me that “Express691” broke the news and what I remember from it, some of it read something like “executed another novabus order, production on these units will start very soon.”

I guess from what it looks like now, if it comes then we’ll hear about it or see pictures of it. The 2018 Novas are starting to get old anyways.