2020 (-2023) Articulated 60' Bus Procurement

Express691

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 8:27 PM, Express691 said:

The 23000 and 22000 units are the same model year but even closer.

builders plate dates:

22008: March 2023

23008: April 2023

The following are being prepared inside VTC: 23008, 23014, 22014, 22011, 22012

Oh wow that’s close 

On 11/2/2023 at 11:56 AM, Transit Guy said:

Looks like the trackers on the 22000s stopped working. No notifications of cancelled trips but there should be two on the 99 and one on the 257 right now

It’s because incase of a bus breaks down in run and its new they can fix it and peak hour short blocks only for this for the new ones I always look for peak hour book outs for the new ones because one of my driver friends put 22002 on the boed track after its shift because of something 

11 minutes ago, Vancitytransit said:

because incase of a bus breaks down in run and its new they can fix it and peak hour short blocks only for this for the new ones I always look for peak hour book outs for the new ones because one of my driver friends put 22002 on the boed track after its shift because of something 

What……..

THAT is a long run-on sentence which no one’s reading.

It’s incorrect anyways because you’re supposed to expect nothing to go right on the first day of service.

• Like 3

Got to drive 22011 for the first time this Sunday. Some differences I noticed which are new to the 22000s not found in our current XDE60s aside from the obvious ones like the Sunrise display and bike rack.

- When the dome light switch is set to OFF, the middle dome lights will turn on whenever the middle doors are opened. They will turn off 5 seconds after the middle doors close. On the rest of our XDE60s, the dome lights stay off when the middle door is open.

- The rear dome lights stay on in Night Park. On the rest of our XDE60s, all interior lights turn off in Night Park.

- Pre-trip mode alternately flashes the low and high beams instead of turning both beams on.

- It takes 1.75 turns to reach full lock on the steering wheel from the centre. Other buses take about 2.25 turns to reach full lock from centre.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...