TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments

14 hours ago, ttcbusdude said:

7734 and 7727 both have the front NG stop request signs.

I might have seen the retrofit signs last winter on an OG bus I rode on the 102 Markham Road route. From what I recall, that sign appeared to be lit by incandescent bulbs (like the Orion Vs) and glowed orange-yellow, which is different from the signs on the NGs which illuminate using red LEDs. Both signs use the same font style, though, so could this be the one you are describing?

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:57 PM, Transit geek said:

I might have seen the retrofit signs last winter on an OG bus I rode on the 102 Markham Road route. From what I recall, that sign appeared to be lit by incandescent bulbs (like the Orion Vs) and glowed orange-yellow, which is different from the signs on the NGs which illuminate using red LEDs. Both signs use the same font style, though, so could this be the one you are describing?

Yes, correct. They both have the black display, but it is orange red. :)

• 4 weeks later...

There have been a number of very recent postings regarding TTC's new VISION CAD/AVL system:

This is getting very exciting and I can't wait to see how the new system works! That being said, perhaps someone in this forum might be aware of and could tell us what the differences are compared to the current technologies: obviously, there's the new DMI (driver machine interface) touchscreen unit replacing the TRUMP computer, but what else? For example, since VISION will replace the TTC's current auto-stop announcer equipment, would any of the components such as the LED message signs be replaced or maybe just reconfigured to work the new system?

1 hour ago, Transit geek said:

There have been a number of very recent postings regarding TTC's new VISION CAD/AVL system:

This is getting very exciting and I can't wait to see how the new system works! That being said, perhaps someone in this forum might be aware of and could tell us what the differences are compared to the current technologies: obviously, there's the new DMI (driver machine interface) touchscreen unit replacing the TRUMP computer, but what else? For example, since VISION will replace the TTC's current auto-stop announcer equipment, would any of the components such as the LED message signs be replaced or maybe just reconfigured to work the new system?

From my observations the only items retained are the stop call screen and keypad. Everything else is being replaced including the camera DVR's. I've also heard the ERA system may be integrated as well but at this time all are still using the stand alone system. 

8 hours ago, BusFanForever said:

From my observations the only items retained are the stop call screen and keypad. Everything else is being replaced including the camera DVR's. I've also heard the ERA system may be integrated as well but at this time all are still using the stand alone system. 

ERA is to be integrated as well.

12 hours ago, Transit geek said:

The LED stop announcement signs should just be genetic signs that can be controlled by whatever controller. There shouldn't be a need to replace them and wouldn't be a difficult thing to get a message from the VISION system to any LED sign. Integrating other more complicated components, especially proprietary ones would be more difficult as they must work with different suppliers to get two different manufactures' systems to "talk" to each other.

• 4 weeks later...

8791 has a unique Interior mirror different from the rest.  It is much larger.  It is the only i have seen on the new Novas delivered to Eglinton so far.   Cant tell you if it was delivered like that or the original was cracked and had to be replaced.  If i had to guess i would have to say it was replaced.

23 minutes ago, 0=0 said:

8791 has a unique Interior mirror different from the rest.  It is much larger.  It is the only i have seen on the new Novas delivered to Eglinton so far.   Cant tell you if it was delivered like that or the original was cracked and had to be replaced.  If i had to guess i would have to say it was replaced.

It might be. I have to talk a look at it whenever I can. :)

6 hours ago, 0=0 said:

Saw something today which was a first  .     7798 was going to the Garage on St Clair and Warden and had this as its destination sign..

1234567890  1234567890 .

IS there even a code for that?  

Yes, there is.

You will start seeing Orange dots on the inside of front doors at Malvern and Arrow Buses. Half circle on one door other half on the other. When doors close make a whole circle or dot.

Its a safety thing apparently,  drivers are not to move unless the dot can be seen. Must have something to do with the lady getting caught in the doors months ago.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, 0=0 said:

You will start seeing Orange dots on the inside of front doors at Malvern and Arrow Buses. Half circle on one door other half on the other. When doors close make a whole circle or dot.

Its a safety thing apparently,  drivers are not to move unless the dot can be seen. Must have something to do with the lady getting caught in the doors months ago.

@Bus_Medic Can you confirm?

11 hours ago, 0=0 said:

I've seen some on my 199 and 57 bus

6 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

Why didn't they just fit the Novas with the so-called bus stop brake? I suspect cost. I clearly remember previous TTC models not having this feature, since drivers could open early and close as they pulled off. 

You mean a door interlock? The same thing that the TTC has been spec'ing on its buses for the past 50 or 60 years?

The Nova's do have them.

Dan

13 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

Why didn't they just fit the Novas with the so-called bus stop brake? I suspect cost. I clearly remember previous TTC models not having this feature, since drivers could open early and close as they pulled off. 

Actually the D40LF 7300's were delivered with the front door interlock feature activated (it's just a matter of programming the multiplex system to enable or disable the feature) but most of them were disabled at some point before they were rebuilt. However at least a couple of them fell through the cracks and still had the feature activated when I worked at Queensway back in 2013.