TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

7 hours ago, Genius101 said:

I dislike this how many more "hand me downs" is Queensway getting?

Life is full of trivial first world problems. Get over it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Genius101 said:

Dude, we are all tired on you saying you dislike any movements to Queensway. Keep it to yourself.

As things stand right now, once all the Orion VIIs are gone, the entire Queensway division would likely be operating with all 8400s/8510s. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Genius101 said:

I LOVE Queensway getting hand me downs ONLY because it pisses you off. I hope they get the oldest stuff and all models retire from Queensway.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Dude, we are all tired on you saying you dislike any movements to Queensway. Keep it to yourself.

As things stand right now, once all the Orion VIIs are gone, the entire Queensway division would likely be operating with all 8400s/8510s. 

The Orion VII OGs should all be at Birchmount (excluding the Airport buses) and then Queensway has just novas but I doubt that this would happen.

6 minutes ago, Shemar said:

The Orion VII OGs should all be at Birchmount (excluding the Airport buses) and then Queensway has just novas but I doubt that this would happen.

When the airport buses retire I guess this is our best hope to see brand new bus deliveries at Queensway. I'm just hoping they don't convert the 8400s. 

13 minutes ago, Genius101 said:

When the airport buses retire I guess this is our best hope to see brand new bus deliveries at Queensway. I'm just hoping they don't convert the 8400s. 

Drivers that I’ve spoken with when I was at Queensway last year said that an LFS drives better on the highway than a VII

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

Me thinks the Orion VII buses in the #79/80xx range should move to McNicoll when it opens in 2020 and let these units finish their careers there (if they can survive past 2019) just like the #66/67xx Orion Vs did when Mt. Dennis opened 11 years ago.

1 hour ago, Genius101 said:

The only way that Queensway could even possibly get new bus deliveries in the future is if the buses aren't hybrids. And I don't think it should be an issue if some of the 84xx get converted into Airport buses.

9 hours ago, Shemar said:

The only way that Queensway could even possibly get new bus deliveries in the future is if the buses aren't hybrids. And I don't think it should be an issue if some of the 84xx get converted into Airport buses.

Wasn't the long term plan to eventually re-allocate the artics to Routes 900 and 927?

10 minutes ago, sdgta2008 said:

Wasn't the long term plan to eventually re-allocate the artics to Routes 900 and 927?

900 - No. They did say they want to trial POP in 2018. All the fare evasion put an end to that for now. 900 isn't frequent enough to benefit from artics.

927 - Yes. That's why it's proposed to move to MtD and with an asterisk saying articulated bus operates on this route.

Both 927 and 945 are good routes for artics but they only have one artic bus bay at Kipling.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:24 AM, Cityflyer said:

I LOVE Queensway getting hand me downs ONLY because it pisses you off. I hope they get the oldest stuff and all models retire from Queensway.

ALL BECAUSE OF DOUG FORD!!! 

On 7/22/2019 at 8:14 AM, Xtrazsteve said:

I quoted about this issue by commenting on one of Steve Munro's post on his website. 

Surprisingly, he knows about that Queensway's been getting hand me down buses.. and he is aware of it. 

More surprisingly, some people actually complained to the TTC about the grumpy old buses that they have to ride. 

I am also waiting to see any Queensway buses with new liverie since I don't feel like living in 2019 here in Etobicoke :)

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, raptorjays said:

ALL BECAUSE OF DOUG FORD!!! 

I quoted about this issue by commenting on one of Steve Munro's post on his website. 

Surprisingly, he knows about that Queensway's been getting hand me down buses.. and he is aware of it. 

More surprisingly, some people actually complained to the TTC about the grumpy old buses that they have to ride. 

I am also waiting to see any Queensway buses with new liverie since I don't feel like living in 2019 here in Etobicoke :)

Grumpy old buses? I should be complaining about MtD's entirely hybrid fleet from 2006-2008 or Wilsons NGs. (Unless it's an artic route) They totally don't feel like 2019. They might look new from the outside but they are totally old on the inside and feels like hand me downs now.

Queensway's novas are 2015-2016 which are way newer than those hybrids. They feel the same as the ones at Eglinton and rides the same on the inside. Wait another year, the 8400s will be repainted in new livery. Personally I prefer the old livery and rather they don't paint them. Queensway did have some loan new livery novas a while back, so it's not like it never happened before.

29 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Grumpy old buses? I should be complaining about MtD's entirely hybrid fleet from 2006-2008 or Wilsons NGs. (Unless it's an artic route) They totally don't feel like 2019. They might look new from the outside but they are totally old on the inside and feels like hand me downs now.

Queensway's novas are 2015-2016 which are way newer than those hybrids. They feel the same as the ones at Eglinton and rides the same on the inside. Wait another year, the 8400s will be repainted in new livery. Personally I prefer the old livery and rather they don't paint them. Queensway did have some loan new livery novas a while back, so it's not like it never happened before.

But when it's time for Mount Dennis' hybrids and Wilson's NGs to retire those divisions will most certainly get the next batch of new deliveries. Meanwhile Queensway and South Etobicoke routes will be short changed and suffer from the brunt once again. Once the remaining 7900s and 8000s get decommissioned they are very likely going to be replaced with more hand me downs (the remaining 8400s and 8510s) as previously posted in this thread which totally isn't fair. 

1 hour ago, Genius101 said:

But when it's time for Mount Dennis' hybrids and Wilson's NGs to retire those divisions will most certainly get the next batch of new deliveries. Meanwhile Queensway and South Etobicoke routes will be short changed and suffer from the brunt once again. Once the remaining 7900s and 8000s get decommissioned they are very likely going to be replaced with more hand me downs (the remaining 8400s and 8510s) as previously posted in this thread which totally isn't fair. 

Please see you doctor and explain:

I have an issue. Normal people don't see a difference between my local bus division and the ones from other division. The cleanness is relativity the same once the new bus smell is gone but in my heart, cause I'm a transit addict and know everything. The buses weren't delivered new to my division. Even though they are pretty much the same once the new factor wears off, it's not to me. What's wrong with me? Do I need a therapist? Maybe a brain wash? I can't take this anymore.

• Haha 4