TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

2 hours ago, Genius101 said:

At least the handmedowns are not going to Queensway. 

Oh, it wouldn't surprise me if you get a few old 84xx Nova's from Birchmount tomorrow. You know, for handmedown symmetry across the city.

26 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Oh, it wouldn't surprise me if you get a few old 84xx Nova's from Birchmount tomorrow. You know, for handmedown symmetry across the city.

Actually it might be Birchmount taking their 84xx back as the 79xx receive VISION and return to regular service.

• Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Shemar said:

Actually it might be Birchmount taking their 84xx back as the 79xx receive VISION and return to regular service.

Is there room? Last little while when Birchmount got some 31xx's, some 84xx's went out and some 89xx went to Eglinton.

14 hours ago, Shemar said:

With a number of 7900s repurposed or retired, are there enough of them plus the 8000s for Queensway to operate? The service summary claims there are 73 7900s operational, but I don't think we should count Sault Ste. Marie's buses in that.

5 minutes ago, Ed T. said:

With a number of 7900s repurposed or retired, are there enough of them plus the 8000s for Queensway to operate? The service summary claims there are 73 7900s operational, but I don't think we should count Sault Ste. Marie's buses in that.

No it wouldn't be enough if Queensway only had the Orions. I would think about 30 novas would be pushed out to Birchmount while the remaining 43 novas stay at Queensway so that they would have a fleet total of approximately 210 buses to maintain, train, and operate. Since the parking lot at Queensway was relocated, Queensway can now store more units hence why I predicted a number above 200, even though their capacity limit is 160.

38 minutes ago, Shemar said:

If Eglinton is getting the rest of the 89xx back, would they be planning to reallocate the 8620s to another division???

Heres a possibility:

LFS HEV’s to Malvern

31xx’s to Arrow Rd. 

89xx’s to Eglinton

8600-8617 to Birchmount

8620’s to Queensway

Then even out the rest of the NG HEVs at Malvern to Mt. Dennis and Wilson so Malvern is all LFS HEV and LFSA

Don’t yell at me for this, it is a speculation, not anything that will actually happen. 

4 hours ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

I feel like the TTC will keep the 8600s at Queensway with the retirements of the Orion vii in 2021 or 2022 then move 8620s or do what TTC did in late 2018 move them and keep them.

So now we are speculating 8620s to act as handmedowns to Queensway and South Etobicoke in 2021 to replace the Orions? 

BOOOOOOO 👎👎👎👎👎

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

Heres a possibility:

LFS HEV’s to Malvern

31xx’s to Arrow Rd. 

89xx’s to Eglinton

8600-8617 to Birchmount

8620’s to Queensway

Then even out the rest of the NG HEVs at Malvern to Mt. Dennis and Wilson so Malvern is all LFS HEV and LFSA

Don’t yell at me for this, it is a speculation, not anything that will actually happen. 

6 hours ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

I feel like the TTC will keep the 8600s at Queensway with the retirements of the Orion vii in 2021 or 2022 then move 8620s or do what TTC did in late 2018 move them and keep them.

1 hour ago, Genius101 said:

So now we are speculating 8620s to act as handmedowns to Queensway and South Etobicoke in 2021 to replace the Orions? 

BOOOOOOO 👎👎👎👎👎

1 hour ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Queensway will get handmedown novas. Don't see how they'll get any new buses.

You're better off moving!

What about McNicoll? What will they get when it opens? (WARNING: This is a speculation, not an actual thing.)

My take (for @TTC Guy) :

- Some of the LFS HEVs some of the 31xx-32xx LFS, some VII NG HEVs from Malvern and WIlson and all 7900s to McNicoll (sorry @Genius101 - The 8000s are staying).
- All of the 2015-16 LFS order at Birchmount
- 8000s and all of the 2017(A) LFS order (#8620-#8716) at Queensway
- All of the 285 LFS orders (#8720-#8964/#9200-#9239) + 10 BYD electric buses at Comstock (Eglinton)

I don't know about Wilson, Arrow, Mount Dennis or Malvern, but I can see a minimal movement for 2020 though Malvern, Mt. Dennis and Wilson are keeping some of the irVII NG HEVs for now.

6 hours ago, Express Network said:

What about McNicoll? What will they get when it opens? (WARNING: This is a speculation, not an actual thing.)

My take (for @TTC Guy) :

- Some of the LFS HEVs some of the 31xx-32xx LFS, some VII NG HEVs from Malvern and WIlson and all 7900s to McNicoll (sorry @Genius101 - The 8000s are staying).
- All of the 2015-16 LFS order at Birchmount
- 8000s and all of the 2017(A) LFS order (#8620-#8716) at Queensway
- All of the 285 LFS orders (#8720-#8964/#9200-#9239) + 10 BYD electric buses at Comstock (Eglinton)

I don't know about Wilson, Arrow, Mount Dennis or Malvern, but I can see a minimal movement for 2020 though Malvern, Mt. Dennis and Wilson are keeping some of the irVII NG HEVs for now.

Chances are they won’t split up the 79xx’s and the 80xx’s until retirement 

Word is that Mt. Dennis is going to be a Artic division, and assuming that we had previously heard the the 35, 927, 935 are moving to Mt. Dennis with some Artic service on the 35 so I would say all the stuff I said before plus:

Mount Dennis 15/16xx’s to Malvern

Mount Dennis 12/13/14xx’s to McNicoll

Arrow 91xx’s to Mt. Dennis

Lots of proposals to make the 36 a 40’f route again before the opening of Line 6

• Like 1