Vancouver: T-Comm "E-Sightings"

MCW Metrobus

7 hours ago, Express691 said:

Artic 160s are 8111 (from 14012) and 8115.

I believe these are the first artics on the 160 since June 2017 when 8077 made an appearance

There were artics on the 160 on June 16 of this year for crowds from a festival.  

Weirdly, you were the one who posted that sighting, in the Special Sightings thread.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Express691 said:

Still having that problem with standard buses on the 96

And they’re going to keep having it for some time, given that the TransLink executive can’t snap their fingers and have brand-new artics appear out of thin air. I’ve been saying for years that most/all of the D40LF replacements should have been artics, just for capacity upgrades. There’s lots of other routes that should also be all-artic - #25, #100, and #319 come immediately to mind - but can’t be because we have too many forty-footers and not enough artics.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

The driver of 9787 has gone insane; and seems lost according to this pic

BE2BE39A-10C4-462D-8246-B041A3FDDCB6.png

Given that all routes around the Lions Gate Bridge have alerts that they are delayed up to 50 minutes due to congestion, it seems likely 9787 was diverted away from Downtown to fill a gap in service on the north shore.

28 minutes ago, GORDOOM said:

But of course we don’t want a bus garage anywhere near anything, amirite?

Right... let's veto the bus garage, but not the sewage treatment plant... Because reasons.

This kind of disruption is why I strongly argue that the local routes should not be interlined with cross-bridge work...

55 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

Actually lets either:

Merge WVMT with CMBC or consider an underground garage somewhere.

How about neither?

Both of those sound interesting but neither will solve the fundamental problems of travelling in the North Shore. Many of the routes that go there are going through downtown as well, with Lions Gate traffic accounting for a majority of delays there. Merging WVMT won't do anything to solve these problems, and neither will building an underground version of NVTC. A good solution would be building a skytrain line there, but I doubt the 'North Shore Aristocrat Society' would allow for such a thing to happen

tldr, North Shore traffic and transit will continue to be plagued by problems regardless of whatever solutions there may seem to be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...