Calgary Future Lrt Fleet

dre

I feel like calgary has problems with alot of stuff,

Our D40LFR's for instance or our eldorados

Or our real time signs or our smart card technology

I had mentioned 6 different makers of different things I feel CT is 50 percent responsible for alot of the problems I feel like they don't do their research or the work and the beginning to prevent mishaps

• 5 months later...

I feel like calgary has problems with alot of stuff,

Our D40LFR's for instance or our eldorados

Or our real time signs or our smart card technology

I had mentioned 6 different makers of different things I feel CT is 50 percent responsible for alot of the problems I feel like they don't do their research or the work and the beginning to prevent mishaps

Operators of the equipment were never consulted about Series 8's, Arbocs, Novas, and other stuff. You can eliminate problems by consulting the people who are ultimately going to drive the equipment. Instead what you have is a growing list of operators with medical notes saying that they can't drive certain types of buses like Novas. The problem is only going to get worse if this trend continues for new equipment purchases.

Anything that actually looks modern. Basically anything but Siemens.

Anything that sounds modern. The SD160s are an assault on your ears: loud exterior fans, ear piercing chopper buzz and overly intrusive door beeping. Siemen's S70 seem to be quiet inside and out. It's disappointing the series 8 haven't improved acoustically to match the visual improvements.

Yes there junk, HVAC & high speed resistor fans are loud and the chopper is annoying to some (I love it) I would agree, but the S70 aren't that much better (Salt Lake and Portland, not sure about other properties though) I noticed the S70s and SD660s have way more rail noise then Salt lakes SD100s or Portland Bombardier cars, not sure if the low floors have anything to do with it or not, but the U2s are the quietest cars I have ever ridden (and driven :D)

I will have to admit one thing though. Living off an End Of Line station, I love that windup sound that you hear inside the SD160's shortly after the driver enters the cab. And I am another person that loves the chopper buzz (especially from outside the train). The only sound that I hate in the SD160's is the ridiculous door beeping. Other than that, I don't mind the SD160's. But I would still wish to see some major differences in the Series 9's, or better yet, a completely new model of car.

Of these

Manufacturers which one would you chose for calgary and why?

• Bombardier

• Siemens

I am going with Bombardier for low floor LRT because the trains have a sharp look.

I'm going with Siemens for high floor LRT becuase of the sharp look and the universal fleet.

I am going with Bombardier for low floor LRT because the trains have a sharp look.

I'm going with Siemens for high floor LRT becuase of the sharp look and the universal fleet.

Bombardier low floors cars will not work on existing line but will be a nice choice for the new SE line if Calgary goes that way