TTC Orion VII Diesel & Hybrid Rebuild Tracking

36 minutes ago, 7520 said:

I don't believe the engine is part of the rebuild process, so it has nothing to do with the issue here.

3 hours ago, MK78 said:

LOL, not a very good rebuild, is it then? :)

From what I've seen on this thread, the engine is attached to the rear bumper, as Articulated mentioned. When a bus is rebuilt, they take a random bumper (which contains the engine) from another bus and put it onto the rebuilt one. That bus now has an engine that originally came from another bus of the same model and type.

Correct me if I'm wrong, @Articulated.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:47 PM, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

From what I've seen on this thread, the engine is attached to the rear bumper, as Articulated mentioned. When a bus is rebuilt, they take a random bumper (which contains the engine) from another bus and put it onto the rebuilt one. That bus now has an engine that originally came from another bus of the same model and type.

Correct me if I'm wrong, @Articulated.

Yup. TTC doesn't want to keep the bus off the road for too long. The whole bumper and everything with it are already rebuilt when the bus comes in. They take the old stuff out and slide that in place. 

The TTC wants to separate the rebuild processing process. Some of the newer rebuilds are going to be body only thus they don't rebuild the mech stuff at the same time.

43 minutes ago, UltimateNovabus YOUTUBE said:

8308,8311 Rebuilt and repainted in new livery.

Already reported.

On 4/10/2018 at 11:24 PM, 6254 said:

Rebuilt 8308 and 8311 on the 42 this afternoon.

Posting duplicate information isn't acceptable on any thread on this board. Before you post, make sure that you search the thread to see if the information that you are sharing wasn't mentioned already.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, UltimateNovabus YOUTUBE said:

Considre editing the wiki it's not reliable then...

I will edit the Wiki when I have time. Honestly I've got other stuff that I'm doing during the day. I'm not saying that the Wiki isn't reliable but it's like your expecting it to be up-to-date 24/7 or as soon as a bus is rebuilt, or delivered, or transferred to another garage for example. Just simmer down, the wiki will get updated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2018-04-12 at 5:52 PM, UltimateNovabus YOUTUBE said:

On 2018-04-12 at 6:35 PM, Doppelkupplung said:

Some of us have lives. We don’t live and breathe for this board so people like you can be satisfied. 

The editors can't be expected to update the wiki all the time. To add to Doppelkupplung's point, not updating the wiki does NOT mean that the wiki is unreliable.

There's other priorities in life that are more important than updating a wiki immediately just because a bus got repainted. Relax.

We'd need to get robots to update the wiki every second to make you happy at this point. (sarcasm)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Also, it's worth pointing out that the duplicate sighting came a mere TWO posts after the original. Not sure how much help an updated wiki would have been in a case like this. 

• Like 2

On 4/12/2018 at 5:52 PM, UltimateNovabus YOUTUBE said:

since you are bitching about it, why don't you become a wiki editor yourself to update the rebuilt bus list.

I apologize if this has been mentioned since I forgot which page the official list is located, +8310

• Haha 1

All right people! Let's get back to what this thread was meant to be used for: Orion Rebuilds! Don't waste your time arguing with new members. Give them a few months to get used to the good old routine then they'll be good to go. By the way, the Orion Rebuilds list is right here on page 53:

https://cptdb.ca/topic/15000-ttc-orion-vii-rebuilds-dieselhybrid/?page=53&tab=comments#comment-778126

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2