2006-2007 Edmonton and area spottings

M. Parsons

WOW. Someone seems bitter. I guess that's what can happen though after being bombarded by Disney every time you get of the train?

How are the platform seats holding up? As of Thursday 3 were totally intact... I was really surprised after how fast the Enmax ones were mutilated! Guess they learned their lesson and did something different with these ones?

There was only 3 ever covered with the Disney stuff.

Most have plenty of little writings on but i am surprised that they are still lookign not bad..

Okay, but it's a different circuit (different substation, even) on Jasper Ave east of 95 St. Why'd they shut off the power between 95 and 101? Not to dwell on minutiae here, but something isn't adding up.

I know, but I'll find out one way or the other.......There must be a reason.

From what I heard a drunk hit a traction pole and caused a wire break. They shut down a bunch of stuff "just to be safe"

So, why didn't they shut down the whole LRT when 1025 pulled down some wire north of Coliseum "just to be safe"? Its doing stuff like this, shutting down the trolleys due to a wire break in another segment "jsut to be safe" that makes the trolleys look bad and inconviences customers for no reason.

From what I heard a drunk hit a traction pole and caused a wire break. They shut down a bunch of stuff "just to be safe"

Lots of trolleys out today. Among them, John had unit # 179, Dennis had Unit # 129, Janice had Unit # 195, run 504 had Unit # 168. Ken had a trolley ( a refrub but I can't remember the Unit #). He couldn't wait to tell me about his Friday night, caught up in the wire fiasco at 95 Street and Jasper Avenue. Unit # 4512 died on 111 Avenue and 104 Street around 1415 today. I didn't hear anything more after that.

Unit 4512 was me lol... I got the thing going again after more than 5 minutes,

and it ran fine for the rest of the day...

was driving wb on 111 ave, doing about 40 km/h, holding my own, not braking or

slowing down or nuttin, and bleep... dead in the water.

Today was another day off for me, so I ended up everywhere as usual.

240 was on the 33 for pretty much the whole day. Kind of odd how ETS runs 200s midday when they don't have to.

240yq0.th.jpg

I ended up at Ferrier again, although this time I actually had my digital camera. I get there, and both hybrids are parked outside! They appear to have been on driver training.

p2060039pj9.th.jpg

I swear that I saw a guy who looked just like Microbus driving a low floor (4046?) out of Ferrier. :mellow:

Another completely off topic question, what garage is 749 based out of? I have pictures of it leaving Westwood and Ferrier ;)

Likely Westwood. I don't see if often, so it's likely not Ferrier.

Damn LF on my 74 this am. You certainly notice the difference between the LF and GM on that run. GM there's no standee's... LF half the bus is standing.

Digital display at Millwoods TC now. If I feel like it... I'll post a pic.

Does anyone know where the 43 is based out of? I would think ferrier. Though i saw 597 on a run very recently, which is odd because up until recently 597 has been seen a lot in the West End on Mitchell runs. Also spotted a D40LF hooked up to an ETS tow truck being hauled southbound on 178th st just after 7:00pm.

I was driving home last night, when I approached the intersection at 105St/23Ave westbound at around 12:00 midnight, just as I was about to move into the right turn lane, the 74 in front of me, waiting for the red light in the lane next to the right turn lane, suddenly opened its front door to let a passenger off. Even though I was still some distance behind, it still scare the hell out of me and I had to slam the break pretty hard. :lol:

Zachary is going to Shanghai the day after tomorrow, he has some suggestions for his fellow friends who remain in Edmonton. Since the Chinese Lunar New Year falls on Sunday February 18th this year, please do run the dragon trolley to boost the spirit :):lol:;)