TTC Orion VII Movement List

4 hours ago, Shemar said:

Arw > Mal: 1243 1322 1331 1333

MtD > Mal: 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1207 1208

1209, 1217 & 1318 are still at Arrow (still listed at Malvern)

1351 is back at Malvern (still listed at Mt Dennis)

14 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

1209, 1217 & 1318 are still at Arrow (still listed at Malvern)

They haven't moved from their spots since April 25th (give or take a day) so I'm guessing arrow doesn't need them and they might move back? Who knows

8 minutes ago, Downsview34. said:

It wasn’t. It was the only vaccine bus still active. But not anymore 

any idea if it is there for stripping or to be sent back in service? very odd how it was stored for many months

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 9:18 AM, Bus_Medic said:

As it is, the only difference between the 8000s and the 81s is the DPF is factory Cummins, and has a few more sensors….and the radiator fan is belt driven, not hydraulic. They can hit the ground running, as long as the parts are accessible.

Just my mechanical curiosity, do the 8000s have a little hydraulic pump which then runs a hydraulic motor that turns the fan? And do the hydraulics work any other systems?

With the fan belt fans, would there still be a thermostatic viscous clutch on them, or are they simply run off the belt at engine* speed.

I imagine the fans would be pretty massive. And I remember when viscous clutches were a newfangled thing on cars--in those days of V8 and RWD, the fans weren't electric, they were hung off the water pumps and driven by (an) accessory belt.

*In the ratio determined by the pulleys.

4 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Just my mechanical curiosity, do the 8000s have a little hydraulic pump which then runs a hydraulic motor that turns the fan? And do the hydraulics work any other systems?

With the fan belt fans, would there still be a thermostatic viscous clutch on them, or are they simply run off the belt at engine* speed.

I imagine the fans would be pretty massive. And I remember when viscous clutches were a newfangled thing on cars--in those days of V8 and RWD, the fans weren't electric, they were hung off the water pumps and driven by (an) accessory belt.

*In the ratio determined by the pulleys.

Going by the last non hybrid series I had my hands into with hydraulic fans (the 7000s) they had a large gear train driven pump for the fan and a separate smaller belt driven pump for the power steering. Both of these draw off the same common reservoir however.

the hybrids use a gear driven stacked tandem pump (read: 2 pumps in series sharing a common mechanical input)

fan duty cycle is controlled by a pulse width modulated solenoid valve for the hydraulic systems, viscous clutch on the belt drives, where the belt pulley is mated to a cardan shaft. Mitre gearbox then drives the fan. The viscous clutch should be on/off only, the engine computer only controlling the duty cycle. Actual fan speed if a direct product of engine RPM.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...