Jump to content

TTC Orion VII Movement List


Recommended Posts

Just now, 7900 said:

yes they are stop capping i asked 5 different drivers in the last 2 years and they keep saying they will

Just because a driver, or any other person not involved in fleet management and planning, says it, doesn't mean it's true.

Just now, Toro said:

I've heard that wilson had some  vii egrs (7400-7881) at one  point, is this true?

Unless there were one off loans, it is not true.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, 7900 said:

yes they are stop capping i asked 5 different drivers in the last 2 years and they keep saying they will

Equipment changes from time to time. Birchmount got rid of the last D40s in 1997 IIRC, D901s in 1998, Fishbowls in 2005, 91 Vs in 2008, Classics in 2009, and the S50 VIIs/81xxs in 2018.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 7900 said:

yes they are stop capping i asked 5 different drivers in the last 2 years and they keep saying they will

Sometimes transit operators aren't reliable sources. A lot of times, bus operators are reporting rumours which are probably not true) which lots of people tend to believe. Some don't know information but intend to confirm it when in reality it's possibly false. You could be right about the 8100s being transferred to Birchmount, but until we proper conformation from someone reliable on this thread. 8100s will stay where they are.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Downsview34. said:

Some drivers done even know the code for NOT IN SERVICE… not everything you hear is true…

Haha but its understandable. If they overwrited the old code with the new NOT IN SERVICE sign it wouldn't be an issue. But for some reason they decided to keep...both???

3 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

Sometimes transit operators aren't reliable sources. A lot of times, bus operators are reporting rumours which are probably not true) which lots of people tend to believe. Some don't know information but intend to confirm it when in reality it's possibly false. You could be right about the 8100s being transferred to Birchmount, but until we proper conformation from someone reliable on this thread. 8100s will stay where they are.

I completely agree with you. Birchmount getting the Orion VII again has been a long-time rumour. Many drivers are still assuming they will get Orion VII's eventually after it has been spread back and forth for the past few years. However, it is definitely not true. I think this rumour goes all the way back when the Birchmount OG Orion VII's first retired, that the divison would get back the 8100s it used to have that were sent to Wilson yard after rebuild. People also keep assuming they'll get the 7900 or 8000 series, which are literally retiring this year so it makes absolutely no sense. However even for 8100, that is just practically impossible at this point because its been what? 5 years since they were sent back to Wilson yard. It could have even been considered as a possibility if there was at least ANY REAL source saying it was happening, but that was never the case, and it still isin't. I do understand that recently this whole "Birchmount is getting Orion VII's this year" thing is going on again, but I haven't heard a single thing about it, nor has anyone else heard about it, and a reliable source has never stepped up to prove the topic. It is a rumour and will be a rumour until someone goes ahead and properly proves it.  

Also want to add, there wouldn't be a reason to even send a completely different type of bus here, everything is working out fine with the current Novabus fleet. Why go through the process of training some mechanics and operators over again when those same buses could be sent to Queensway and a much less of a headache would be done doing so (which is apparently what is actually going to happen according to reliable sources)

@7900

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Toro said:

I've heard that wilson had some  vii egrs (7400-7881) at one  point, is this true?

7425, 7465, 7504, 7512 & 7543 spent a few days at Wilson in February 2013. They were moved as part of a temporary shuffling of buses. I can't remember what the reason was behind the shuffle.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, CJ. said:

Haha but its understandable. If they overwrited the old code with the new NOT IN SERVICE sign it wouldn't be an issue. But for some reason they decided to keep...both???

I completely agree with you. Birchmount getting the Orion VII again has been a long-time rumour. Many drivers are still assuming they will get Orion VII's eventually after it has been spread back and forth for the past few years. However, it is definitely not true. I think this rumour goes all the way back when the Birchmount OG Orion VII's first retired, that the divison would get back the 8100s it used to have that were sent to Wilson yard after rebuild. People also keep assuming they'll get the 7900 or 8000 series, which are literally retiring this year so it makes absolutely no sense. However even for 8100, that is just practically impossible at this point because its been what? 5 years since they were sent back to Wilson yard. It could have even been considered as a possibility if there was at least ANY REAL source saying it was happening, but that was never the case, and it still isin't. I do understand that recently this whole "Birchmount is getting Orion VII's this year" thing is going on again, but I haven't heard a single thing about it, nor has anyone else heard about it, and a reliable source has never stepped up to prove the topic. It is a rumour and will be a rumour until someone goes ahead and properly proves it.  

Also want to add, there wouldn't be a reason to even send a completely different type of bus here, everything is working out fine with the current Novabus fleet. Why go through the process of training some mechanics and operators over again when those same buses could be sent to Queensway and a much less of a headache would be done doing so (which is apparently what is actually going to happen according to reliable sources)

@7900

As much as Birchmount would get Orions again; the operators that were hired after 2018 would have to get trained on these since they began to drive Novas from that point on. Any operators who got hired at Birchmount before 2019 may receive some driver recertification program unless parts are an factor.

And continuing to Birchmount, the 21 BRIMLEY is expected to move their next board, ending the Orion era on this route unless they are ready to transfer some 8100s there. But the 905 EGLINTON EAST EXPRESS will also move to Malvern in exchange, although they may use hybrids (meaning the Orions returning to this route since 2018), it’s possible to convert the 905 to Artic operation but Malvern will have to move 10-15 artics from Mount Dennis in exchange for the same number of Orion or Nova hybrids. However, turns are a huge factor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

As much as Birchmount would get Orions again; the operators that were hired after 2018 would have to get trained on these since they began to drive Novas from that point on. Any operators who got hired at Birchmount before 2019 may receive some driver recertification program unless parts are an factor.

And continuing to Birchmount, the 21 BRIMLEY is expected to move their next board, ending the Orion era on this route unless they are ready to transfer some 8100s there. But the 905 EGLINTON EAST EXPRESS will also move to Malvern in exchange, although they may use hybrids (meaning the Orions returning to this route since 2018), it’s possible to convert the 905 to Artic operation but Malvern will have to move 10-15 artics from Mount Dennis in exchange for the same number of Orion or Nova hybrids. However, turns are a huge factor.

Im honestly curious where people keep hearing that Birchmount is getting Orions. This has been a rumour going on every single year ever since their last Orions retired and the 8100s moved back to Wilson. Every year, (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023..) people keep saying they are gonna get the 7900s or the 8100s. Even the operators keep saying they are getting Orion's again for almost five years now. Nothing regarding Birchmount getting the Orion VII was talked back in the yard recently at all. There probably was a plan previously way back five years ago for them to get back the 8100, but was thought about and the idea must have been scrapped. There is definitely no plan to give them Orions again unless someone is willing to step up and prove it, which nobody ever does besides just assuming.

Im not saying its impossible for Orions to move there, but its so unlikely that its not even worth thinking about. These same 8100s are supposed to end up in Queensway to allow the 7900/8000 to retire, I don't know why Orions would go to Birchmount, besides the fact that Wilson just wants some of their novabuses???

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CJ. said:

Im not saying its impossible for Orions to move there, but its so unlikely that its not even worth thinking about. These same 8100s are supposed to end up in Queensway to allow the 7900/8000 to retire, I don't know why Orions would go to Birchmount, besides the fact that Wilson just wants some of their novabuses???

 

They can exchange their 8100s for Birchmount's 8400s or 8500s, since they are equipped with newer driver shields than the older ones that is used on the Orions. Because of the recent attacks across the system, they needed the Nova LFS for the night routes (300, 307, 320, 363 for example) as well. Wilson only have 3G artics and 40' hybrid rn so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

They can exchange their 8100s for Birchmount's 8400s or 8500s, since they are equipped with newer driver shields than the older ones that is used on the Orions. Because of the recent attacks across the system, they needed the Nova LFS for the night routes (300, 307, 320, 363 for example) as well. Wilson only have 3G artics and 40' hybrid rn so far.

You only need so much buses with new shields for night routes. As far as I remember Wilson had gotten around 15-20 hybrid Novabuses from Arrow Road. That is more than enough for their night routes. There is no way this would be happening unless there is another reason

A few of the 8300s also have the good shields, so don't forget

As much as I would be interested to see the 8100s return as well, this won't be happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

They can exchange their 8100s for Birchmount's 8400s or 8500s, since they are equipped with newer driver shields than the older ones that is used on the Orions. Because of the recent attacks across the system, they needed the Nova LFS for the night routes (300, 307, 320, 363 for example) as well. Wilson only have 3G artics and 40' hybrid rn so far.

I miss the good old days when violence was much less frequent, everyone just paid their fare, and people had much better etiquette when out in public. I grew up riding all kinds of buses with stairs and completely open operator areas, both during the day and overnight. People boarded, paid their fare and minded their own business while some would strike up conversations with other passengers or the operator while they’re driving. The introduction of driver shields that only started to appear this past decade, and one could argue by extension, security cameras which were introduced in the late 2000s, goes to show how much society has changed since then. Operators are now effectively sitting in mobile collector booths, almost completely isolated from the rest of the vehicle and some have become hesitant to have any interaction with the general public, even thru all that plexiglass…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, TransitFan88 said:

I miss the good old days when violence was much less frequent, everyone just paid their fare, and people had much better etiquette when out in public. I grew up riding all kinds of buses with stairs and completely open operator areas, both during the day and overnight. People boarded, paid their fare and minded their own business while some would strike up conversations with other passengers or the operator while they’re driving. The introduction of driver shields that only started to appear this past decade, and one could argue by extension, security cameras which were introduced in the late 2000s, goes to show how much society has changed since then. Operators are now effectively sitting in mobile collector booths, almost completely isolated from the rest of the vehicle and some have become hesitant to have any interaction with the general public, even thru all that plexiglass…

The lack of proper education cause adults act like kids now and believe they can get away with everything. If they get punch by the cops, oh it's the cops fault for using too much violence. The court system system is a total joke. What are they going to do if someone is banned from the TTC appears on the system again? Give them another ban so they can punch another operator? 

The education system is failing society. They don't care how kids are growing up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TransitFan88 said:

I miss the good old days when violence was much less frequent, everyone just paid their fare, and people had much better etiquette when out in public. I grew up riding all kinds of buses with stairs and completely open operator areas, both during the day and overnight. People boarded, paid their fare and minded their own business while some would strike up conversations with other passengers or the operator while they’re driving. The introduction of driver shields that only started to appear this past decade, and one could argue by extension, security cameras which were introduced in the late 2000s, goes to show how much society has changed since then. Operators are now effectively sitting in mobile collector booths, almost completely isolated from the rest of the vehicle and some have become hesitant to have any interaction with the general public, even thru all that plexiglass…

Oh, the days where there was less overnight service, and the Yonge night bus was the Vomit Comet?

Ever hang out on Yonge St late on a weekend (or even weekday) night in the '80s, never mind sketchier areas?

14 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

The lack of proper education cause adults act like kids now and believe they can get away with everything. If they get punch by the cops, oh it's the cops fault for using too much violence. The court system system is a total joke. What are they going to do if someone is banned from the TTC appears on the system again? Give them another ban so they can punch another operator? 

The education system is failing society. They don't care how kids are growing up. 

Kids these days! [Shakes fist at clouds.]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Ed T. said:

Oh, the days where there was less overnight service, and the Yonge night bus was the Vomit Comet?

Ever hang out on Yonge St late on a weekend (or even weekday) night in the '80s, never mind sketchier areas?

Kids these days! [Shakes fist at clouds.]

Remember when service would end on some MAIN routes at 6pm or 8pm on Sunday's. Man I miss those days too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I don’t have to say this in my words…

It appears one user by the name of @7900 who told me recently and has heard from a Birchmount supervisor that they will receive either all of the 8100s or 8300s in exchange for the #8510–#8617 batch. 

As much anyone here can confirm or deny, I am very skeptical about this. Personally, as it does not happen, the Xcelsior electrics are earmarked for Birchmount in a few weeks. We will see what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

I don’t have to say this in my words…

It appears one user by the name of @7900 who told me recently and has heard from a Birchmount supervisor that they will receive either all of the 8100s or 8300s in exchange for the #8510–#8617 batch. 

As much anyone here can confirm or deny, I am very skeptical about this. Personally, as it does not happen, the Xcelsior electrics are earmarked for Birchmount in a few weeks. We will see what happens.

I think that this user is a known troll, so you can let it go in one ear and out the other.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...