Today's Sightings

TTC 3555 getting put on the hook yesterday late evening, outside St. Clair station.

This morning there was a 7000, a 7200, and a 3500 lined up on Lake Shore at Brown's Line. Interesting to see the relatively convergent evolution between the Flyer and Nova buses, at least from the side. And seeing the changes in the Nova hybrids, including the new flush windows (back to that, eh?).

26 minutes ago, Ultimate said:

YRT 1062 (iirc) displaying Charter at Taunton and 412 in Whitby going EB on Taunton. Spotted 8:45

By looking at the tracker on TransSee YRT 1062 was still on route 54 Bayview heading to East Gwillimbury GO Station at 8:45 AM Today. So you probably saw another bus displaying "Charter" at 8:45 AM today.

TTC 8641 on route 512 St. Clair got its mirror taken off at St. Clair and Weston Rd. In all honesty, this is becoming a common occurrence. I have been on 3 buses since October which have had their mirrors clipped by other vehicles (mostly trucks) when trying to pass the buses because the roads are super tight.

Add this happening all the time with the other daily occurrence when buses can’t fit through parked/stopped vehicles along the St. Clair because of the narrow lanes and traffic congestion…I really miss the 512 streetcars 

6 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

TTC 8641 on route 512 St. Clair got its mirror taken off at St. Clair and Weston Rd. In all honesty, this is becoming a common occurrence. I have been on 3 buses since October which have had their mirrors clipped by other vehicles (mostly trucks) when trying to pass the buses because the roads are super tight.

Add this happening all the time with the other daily occurrence when buses can’t fit through parked/stopped vehicles along the St. Clair because of the narrow lanes and traffic congestion…I really miss the 512 streetcars 

It doesn't help that the LFSes have their closed side mirror positioned lower compared to other models, so they can make contact with more things that the same mirror on an Orion for example would clear.

TTC 3435 being used on a film shoot this afternoon. It was parked southbound on Collinsgrove at Lawrence.