Failed Photos

BusRider

Tried taking 2 pictures of Foothill transit buses and they both failed!!!!

they passed so fast!!!!

I know that intersection, I pass through it everyday on my way to the Busway station. Try moving around between the corners on Marengo and State. You also have to shoot when they are at a red light, are about to start moving, or are moving slowly (like for a right turn). Also try zooming in and out where appropriate but do it before you position yourself and your camera for the shot. I find the northeast corner (the spot closest to the Medical Center) the best for eastbound Silver Streak buses, and the southwest and southeast corners for Silver Streak buses heading westbound.

Here are some of my shots at that intersection when I had a whack at it (these aren't fails by the way, but I will start posting in here soon as I have hundreds of failed photos :) ):

4835597319_d2798a78be.jpg

4831981035_dd6ee058fe.jpg

4836186778_edf35cc13c.jpg

I know that intersection, I pass through it everyday on my way to the Busway station. Try moving around between the corners on Marengo and State. You also have to shoot when they are at a red light, are about to start moving, or are moving slowly (like for a right turn). Also try zooming in and out where appropriate but do it before you position yourself and your camera for the shot. I find the northeast corner (the spot closest to the Medical Center) the best for eastbound Silver Streak buses, and the southwest and southeast corners for Silver Streak buses heading westbound.

Thanks for the tips!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't people see that you are holding a camera? Are they so into themselves that they can't stop for a moment? When I see that someone is obviously taking a photo I stop or walk around behind them. It doesn't take any amount of genius to do that. I do suppose it takes some common sense and courtesy though.

We've learned to clear the handi-spaces for all and every type of wheeled contrivance, now it's time to learn some more courtesies.

I take it you took another shot to replace that one right away?

I am not sure what happened in this photo. Thankfully I took a couple more shots and kept the best of the 4 shots that I took. See attached image:

I took another shot after, but ...

I think what happened in your photo is you moved the camera...

It may have moved, but the bus in the image did not move, but the light did! I find that rather odd.

What you're seeing is a lens flare that moved, it would take only very slight movement of the camera (far less than would make the picture out of focus) to cause light to bend through the lenses differently, the result is a line forming where the bright light traveled.

On a side note, you could probably start an alien conspiracy theory with that pic :P

• 1 month later...