Failed Photos

• 3 weeks later...

Tried to get MMT #702 leaving PPCC, but I was a little too late. Second photo was #602 arriving late at the downtown terminal, and the photo turned out blurry. I didn't use enough zoom on the third photo, but luckily I got a much better photo a few seconds later.

IMG_1334(2).jpg

IMG_1344(2).jpg

IMG_1342(2).jpg

• 2 months later...

All photos were taken on May 4, 2013.

1. I was trying to get a photo of a 2010 DDOT New Flyer D40LF that was operating route #25 just west of downtown Detroit, but I only managed to get a side view, centered on a McDonald's advertisement. :mellow:
  2. Later on, I tried to get a photo of DDOT #1244, a 2012 hybrid Gillig Low Floor, as it operated route #30, but both attempts failed.

DDOT10xxor12xx.jpg

DDOT1244_1.jpg

DDOT1244_2.jpg

I know this is a double post, but I have some new photos taken today that qualify, though, I am posting only two so far.

1. I was in downtown Detroit driving to the "Transformers 4" filming set. As I crossed Woodward Avenue, a DDOT Nova Bus RTS (operating route #53) and a 2010 DDOT New Flyer D40LF (operating route #23) were waiting next to each other behind several cars. I tried to get both, but this was all I got of both. That was probably because I zoomed out too far.
  2. Also in downtown Detroit, I was on M-10 north about to pass under Cobo Center and there was a Transit Windsor Orion VII operating the Tunnel Bus that was on the frontage road, but the photo I got of it turned out like you'll see. But that was probably because I was driving fast.

DDOT_D40LF_RTS.jpg

TransitWindsor_OrionVII.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Total fail on this one, my phones shutter speed slowed for some reason, causing a delay in getting this 3rd Gen Nova. OOPS! I was stopped when taken.

946479_10152811979665514_1581434321_n.jpg

This one was having a light pole in the way making the bus destination sign half missing. I was not pleased about this photo.

969046_10153052429005514_1838624071_n.jpg

Extremely backlit and grainy CP photo during an afternoon and the angle of the photo was not great... making the photo a total fail but still on the artistic side of it I liked the rays coming off of it.

1017454_10152925177150514_703708962_n.jpg

This is a Welland Transit Blue Bird, this photo is very distorted and making the bus look kind of weird. But that is okay I do not like Blue Birds so I cant complain.

248103_10152799714245514_1908270176_n.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Damn snowflake, somewhat... xD

Better a snowflake than a head shot of some silly person making a face at you (I put that in polite terms).

From this spring: If it wasn't for the person walking in front I could've hit the shutter a half second later, and probably gotten a nice shot of the bus after it cleared the street pole. Still the failed aspect/photo bomb is sort of funny IMO:

This photo is a good candidate for the 'People Getting in the Way of Photos' thread. :)

• 3 months later...

And now, here's a new one from November 2013: I attempted to get a photo of DDOT #1245, a 2012 hybrid Gillig Low Floor, as it was leaving the Rosa Parks Transit Center. What you see below was the result of that photo. Therefore, that makes it the second DDOT hybrid bus to be the subject of my failed photographs.

DDOT1245_11292013.jpg

I HATE THAT STUPID LITTLE CAR!!!

Well, that, plus blurriness, is why I consider this photo I took today of an AATA Gillig BRT a fail (but it's still my very first photo of an AATA vehicle!).

Plus, sorry for double-posting, I just didn't had to urge to mess up the post above.

AATAGilligBRT.jpg

• 1 month later...

And now another one that I've almost forgotten about until today...tried to take several photos of a 2002 SMART diesel Gillig Low Floor (#22304) as it was operating combined routes #752/#753 (this was a Sunday, on the other six days, both routes operate on their own) at the Great Lakes Crossing Outlets mall (which is a "Mills-style" outlet mall) in Auburn Hills, MI. Each shot had a lot of cars blocking the bottom of the bus (note to self: don't try to take pictures of buses from in the middle of a mall parking lot). Below is one of these shots, all taken in September 2013.

SMART_22304.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This really shows here. Tried to get a photo of a Transit Windsor Xcelsior operating the Tunnel Bus in downtown Detroit today.

awr145h.jpg

Hopefully DDOT has received all of their Xcelsiors by the time I head back in July-hopefully even try to get a photo of one side-by-side with a Windsor Xcelsior.

• 5 months later...

This really shows here. Tried to get a photo of a Transit Windsor Xcelsior operating the Tunnel Bus in downtown Detroit today.

awr145h.jpg

Hopefully DDOT has received all of their Xcelsiors by the time I head back in July-hopefully even try to get a photo of one side-by-side with a Windsor Xcelsior.

I'm seeing double!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...