Kings Transit

G.A

• 4 weeks later...

Spotted a Kings Transit D40LF travelling east on Highway 417 in Ottawa this morning.  It had probably been at the New Flyer facility in Arnprior to have some work done.  From what I could see driving in the opposite direction, the bus was in a mostly white livery with the web address "kingstransit.ns.ca" above the windows.

On 4/11/2016 at 0:53 PM, tomsbuspage said:

Spotted a Kings Transit D40LF travelling east on Highway 417 in Ottawa this morning.  It had probably been at the New Flyer facility in Arnprior to have some work done.  From what I could see driving in the opposite direction, the bus was in a mostly white livery with the web address "kingstransit.ns.ca" above the windows.

If its all white , sounds like one of the refurb ones.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Silly Tilley said:

Kings Transit recently tendered for 2 30' buses, the tender was awarded to Crestline Coach and the buses will be 2 Eldorado EZ Rider II BRT. Delivery is expected in February 2018. 

The 2 buses will replace 2 of the 2005 D40LF buses.

Wow out bid Grande West , a shock since Kings Transit already has Grande West too

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Here's an update on Kings Transit from my recent trip through their service territory back on September 15th...

All of the D40LFs have been refurbished except for 54 (Giant Tiger wrap). Because of the high cost of refurbishment, this bus will be retired when the new ElDorados are delivered early next year. The second ElDorado will go towards increasing the spare ratio.

In terms of fleet allocation, both of the two westernmost routes (Bridgetown-Cornwallis and Cornwallis-Weymouth) are assigned a Vicinity as the main bus, with an ElDorado as the backup unit. As the Vicinity assigned to Weymouth (49 IIRC) was in the New Minas garage for maintenance, that meant 58 was operating in service. All routes east of Bridgetown (1, 2, 3, 6) were running with D40LFs; the third Vicinity was in for maintenance, and the LFS was parked at the New Minas garage. ElDorado 57 was parked in Bridgetown.

Because of the relatively isolated routes the ElDorados have always operated on, there are not many pictures of them, so I was happy to be able to get photos of both ElDorados on this trip. They have both been repainted (perhaps refurbished too) into the new white livery. With the refurbished D40LFs and ElDorados in the white livery, and the LFS and unrefurbished 54 in full ad wraps, this means the Vicinity buses are the only ones left in the red/blue stripe livery.

37241105276_86c66b2b6b_t.jpg 37287954551_2d1157401a_t.jpg 36618527013_6c489e10c3_t.jpg 37287954481_1d65242688_t.jpg 37287954261_7566158c0f_t.jpg 37430657075_1cb5387eda_t.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2017 at 6:09 PM, Silly Tilley said:

Kings Transit recently tendered for 2 30' buses, the tender was awarded to Crestline Coach and the buses will be 2 Eldorado EZ Rider II BRT. Delivery is expected in February 2018. 

The 2 buses will replace 2 of the 2005 D40LF buses.

WHAT A GOOD NEWS, welcome new Eldorados EZ rider II BRT to the fleet!!

On 9/24/2017 at 8:01 PM, Articulated said:

Here's an update on Kings Transit from my recent trip through their service territory back on September 15th...

All of the D40LFs have been refurbished except for 54 (Giant Tiger wrap). Because of the high cost of refurbishment, this bus will be retired when the new ElDorados are delivered early next year. The second ElDorado will go towards increasing the spare ratio.

In terms of fleet allocation, both of the two westernmost routes (Bridgetown-Cornwallis and Cornwallis-Weymouth) are assigned a Vicinity as the main bus, with an ElDorado as the backup unit. As the Vicinity assigned to Weymouth (49 IIRC) was in the New Minas garage for maintenance, that meant 58 was operating in service. All routes east of Bridgetown (1, 2, 3, 6) were running with D40LFs; the third Vicinity was in for maintenance, and the LFS was parked at the New Minas garage. ElDorado 57 was parked in Bridgetown.

Because of the relatively isolated routes the ElDorados have always operated on, there are not many pictures of them, so I was happy to be able to get photos of both ElDorados on this trip. They have both been repainted (perhaps refurbished too) into the new white livery. With the refurbished D40LFs and ElDorados in the white livery, and the LFS and unrefurbished 54 in full ad wraps, this means the Vicinity buses are the only ones left in the red/blue stripe livery.

37241105276_86c66b2b6b_t.jpg 37287954551_2d1157401a_t.jpg 36618527013_6c489e10c3_t.jpg 37287954481_1d65242688_t.jpg 37287954261_7566158c0f_t.jpg 37430657075_1cb5387eda_t.jpg

thank you for the update, very "impressive" white ghost livery...............pretty much copycat Winnipeg Transit scheme which is nothing but white..............really wondered why they get rid of the "hockey stick" scheme featuring in different colour on the D40LFs, and even the red/blue stripe scheme before..............

• 2 years later...

On the main page of the website there’s about a dozen photo of old King Transit buses, some of which are not mentioned on the wiki. This isn’t much of a surprise because service began in 1981 an the oldest bus on the fleet other than the second buses is bus 3 which is a 1985. 

I am pretty sure that 3-6 are second hand buses because who just randomly purchases one bus a year. I mean people do it but it’s not normal.

if some could add whatever information the images provide to the wiki that could be great as I simply have no time for this:

https://www.kbus.ca/

18 hours ago, 97SCT said:

Kings Transit has acquired Halifax units 1032, 610 and 612. One of their original D40LF's, unit 54 is retired and from what I was informed, has been since 2018.

54 was the only D40LF that did not receive a midlife refurbishment, and was scheduled for retirement upon the two ElDorado buses being delivered in early 2018.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/11/2021 at 5:16 AM, ROSeaboyer said:

I'm not sure which of the former Halifax buses it is (most likely 612), but there's a new bus 64 that appears to be in service this morning

That's very likely the case. ?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I had a quick stop at the Kings Transit garage in New Minas today.

I was surprised to find a 35' El Dorado EZ Rider II BRT bus (#65). I thought they only had 30' El Dorados. Buses 63 and 64 (ex-Halifax 610 and 612) were both in service today. The only change is the new fleet number and the legal lettering on the side of the bus.

Vicinities 49 and 50 have been deplated and had their bike racks removed. I was not able to confirm if they are retired or just temporarily out of service. Bus # 49 has been painted in the all white scheme.

Ex-Halifax 1032 is still on the property in Halifax colors. I do not know if they are planning on putting it in service or not. There is one more Halifax bus on the property. I was not able to confirm the identity but it looked like ex-1039.

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Seashore_518203 said:

I had a quick stop at the Kings Transit garage in New Minas today.

I was surprised to find a 35' El Dorado EZ Rider II BRT bus (#65). I thought they only had 30' El Dorados. Buses 63 and 64 (ex-Halifax 610 and 612) were both in service today. The only change is the new fleet number and the legal lettering on the side of the bus.

Vicinities 49 and 50 have been deplated and had their bike racks removed. I was not able to confirm if they are retired or just temporarily out of service. Bus # 49 has been painted in the all white scheme.

Ex-Halifax 1032 is still on the property in Halifax colors. I do not know if they are planning on putting it in service or not. There is one more Halifax bus on the property. I was not able to confirm the identity but it looked like ex-1039.

All 3 Vicinity buses have been recently retired, replaced by 3 new ENC EZ Rider II BRT 35' buses numbered 65-67. 

Screenshot from the application to NSURB to amend the operating license. 

Screenshot_20211008_200034_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

11 hours ago, MiExpress said:

All 3 Vicinity buses have been recently retired, replaced by 3 new ENC EZ Rider II BRT 35' buses numbered 65-67. 

Thanks for the update and screenshot. The Vicinities were only 7 years old but I do believe the earlier models had a number of problems. Hopefully, they have worked these issues out so that Vicinities last longer than 7 years going forward.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/21/2023 at 3:36 AM, MTL66 said:

Where is the best place to get photos of Kings Transit. Going to drive there before the BHA Convention and was wondering the best place to get photos.

The garage in New Minas (29 Crescent Drive) also serves as a transit terminal. A few routes service there. The Kings service area is large, about six hours in travel time from east to west. There is no one place to get all the buses in service.