Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TTC 9701

Kings Transit

30 posts in this topic

Kings transit now runs new flyers, 1 or 2 classics (Ex-UTA), a blue Classic and an Eldorado EZ Rider.

what else do they run?

I think that's it. They had some Orion I's, but those are all retired now. Been a while since I've been in the area...

Oh, they also have some cutaways, unknown make..

Kings transit now runs new flyers, 1 or 2 classics (Ex-UTA), a blue Classic and an Eldorado EZ Rider.

what else do they run?

I saw that Blue Classic once on the 102 heading North from Highway 14. We ended up passing the bus but sadly my camera was full so I couldn't get a photo.

Here`s a few pics from the internet. is the blue Classic Ex-Cornwall?

bus_003.jpg

That blue one is defiantly the one I saw on the 102 heading north!

Btw that Classic in the actual Kings Transit Livery looks nice!

I've got to disagree there, I wish they had put the stripes mid-way instead of at the bottom, there's an awful lot of empty white space at eye level...

By the way, their photoshop job on that last picture is hilariously poor.

Digging up an old thread ... Kings Transit took delivery of # 59, a 2011 Nova LFS within the last month. It should enter service within the next few weeks.

Digging up an old thread ... Kings Transit took delivery of # 59, a 2011 Nova LFS within the last month. It should enter service within the next few weeks.
September 13, 2011: Added a New Photo Gallery for Kings Transit (Annipolis Valley, Nova Scotia) with 10 New Photos to my website including an image of #59:

http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/novasco...kings/index.htm

310811-2692kings59.jpg

The last time I've been to Nova Scotia's Annapolis Valley was back in the summer of 1994...I've rarely seen Kings Transit buses on the road back then.

I've been reading the news reports and it appears that Annapolis County is about to disassociate itself from Kings Transit Authority (KTA), instead chosing to go its own way with a separate contract operator. The selected operator is Trans County Transportation Society (TCTS), the current Annapolis County paratransit operator. Annapolis County expects to take possession of the two KTA buses the county paid for, and assign operation of the Greenwood to Bridgetown and Bridgetown to Cornwallis routes to TCTS using the two buses. Initially there will be no change of schedule and they hope to negotiate free transfer at both endpoints between "Annapolis Transit" and KTA.

Geographically it'll be KTA [Weymouth/Digby to Cornwallis], then "Annapolis Transit" [Cornwallis to Bridgetown to Greenwood], the KTA again in Kings County and Hants County. What will it mean to KTA to have two separated operating areas?

Annapolis County is planning to save money by the change, presumably because TCTS is less expensive than KTA, and because TCTS might eventually use smaller buses and "adjust" the schedule (probably reduce service).

Transit Decision Explained {Annapolis County Spectator 12 January 2012)

Time to dig up an old thread. I was browsing Google and Transit seems have a new livery. & there is an EZ Rider in the fleet

Kings!.png

post-1911-0-19069800-1357666692_thumb.pn

Time to dig up an old thread. I was browsing Google and Transit seems have a new livery. & there is an EZ Rider in the fleet

Kings!.png

It's the exact same livery as the Nova Bus demos! The only difference is the color of the swooping line. :P

If you go to their Facebook page in their photos they have an orange one with a red swoop.

It's the exact same livery as the Nova Bus demos! The only difference is the color of the swooping line. :P

lovely scheme, like that!!!

Kings Transit now has what looks like a Yaxing bus, their newest addition;

http://www.journalpioneer.com/News/Local/2014-06-26/article-3778163/New-Kings-Transit-bus-for-Digby-County/1

interestingly the Yaxing is not delivered in the same new scheme as the D40LF

I think one of your operators got lost. I spotted this bus at St-Laurent Garage in Ottawa. I was kind of restricted in terms of space, so I wasn't able to fit the bus into the frame.

PkaWHcT.jpg

Refurb I would assume, as the other D40LF's have been refurbished.

attachicon.gifKings!.png

I am wondering what is the # for this one? Didn't spot a D40LF in this blue scheme today

A short update, all the D40LF have been refurbished, where 51 is in new pink scheme, while 52 is in yellow scheme(didn't see it today), 53 and 56 in full white ghost scheme while 55 is in full orange scheme. 54 is wrapped for Giant Tiger store(wondering if that is the one in blue scheme) while the only Nova LFS in the fleet, # 59 is wrapped for Royal le Page realtor

2 out of 3 Yaxings(only 3 in total not 5!!!! 46, 49, 50--plz update wiki)were on the road today, with both running on Weymouth/Cornwallis/Bridgetown corridor. None of the 2 Eldorados were on the road and only #58 is spotted outside the garage still carrying its original paint scheme as delivered with red/blue stripes. At the back of the garage were GMC and Chevy cutaway truck(or whatever u called it) 45 and 46(thanks god)

I think one of your operators got lost. I spotted this bus at St-Laurent Garage in Ottawa. I was kind of restricted in terms of space, so I wasn't able to fit the bus into the frame.

PkaWHcT.jpg

It's back to Kings County already, spotted today

attachicon.gifKings!.png

anyone know what's the fleet # for the green and purple blue D40LF? During my visit there few weeks ago i didn't see them.

and also for #52 is it still in the yellow scheme as attached photo shows? Thanks

Kings.jpg

kings-2.jpg

52..jpg

Kings.jpg

kings-2.jpg

52..jpg

post-3580-0-01217600-1444931854_thumb.jp

post-3580-0-65067100-1444931862_thumb.jp

post-3580-0-69842700-1444931869_thumb.jp

anyone know what's the fleet # for the green and purple blue D40LF? During my visit there few weeks ago i didn't see them.

and also for #52 is it still in the yellow scheme as attached photo shows? Thanks

The green D40LF I think is numbered 53, had to look really closely.