Streetcar News

CLRV4037

4209 has the LED lights too. I saw it yesterday.

There is a few now but some are different then other you look at 4211 it has CLRV break lights, which is good because we spend so much time changing the ALRV break lights 4211 is great now.

Brad

4244 has new lights as well, I rode 4024 then 4000 today. First time being on a street car.
4244 has the new LED track lights that it. They said because of money they will not be changing all the lights on the alrv like 4240. 4240 will be one of a kind now.

Brad

The car is in service what would you like to know about it?

Brad

While back, I was on that mofo, it had issues taking in power and the night driver had to operate 4219 at low-speed on Lake Shore until Humber and change to another streetcar on stand-by. The poll sparked like crazy, especially when it crossed other wires at intersections. Thought I would just chek in.

Artics are now on the 5 on weekends.

Aparently a few runs are now listed as artic runs on both Saturdays and Sundays on the 5, they don't stay out for the hole day and one of the Saturday runs doesn't even come out till 5PM at Cardiff.

0853, 0857 and 0860 were on it today.

Too much Orion in your system tonight buddy? :P

Is there always a 511 run from the EX to "Queen" (I'm guessing Wolsley Loop?) at around 10-10:30 AM? I've seen that quite a few times over the months and found that kinda odd.

Those are just short turns thats all theres no runs on 511 that does that, trust me.

Brad

Could not believe my eyes at what I was seeing on the 509 route today and it was

not the PCC. It was pack full going to Union and crush load going to the EX.

Union was a Zoo with both police and enforcers there to keep people in line to

get to the Loop and stop people cutting in.

How about ALRV 4230 running on 509. Now what would happen to the riders waiting before the tunnel as well at the loop if it die in the

tunnel for getting riders to/from the EX and the waterfront??

Considering Streetcars where having problems, buses would never handle this crowd as well where would TTC find enough drivers to drive the buses in the first place since it's the long weekend???

How about ALRV 4230 running on 509. Now what would happen to the riders waiting before the tunnel as well at the loop if it die in the

tunnel for getting riders to/from the EX and the waterfront??

Considering Streetcars where having problems, buses would never handle this crowd as well where would TTC find enough drivers to drive the buses in the first place since it's the long weekend???

That is why they don't typically run As on the tunnel routes (509/510) in case of breakdowns, especially if the brakes seize up as there is little clearence in the tunnel to crank them off. However, when ever the are drastic passenger volumes, they have been known to run them anyways to move the people and worry about breakdowns when and if they happen. (Other than the CNE the only other times As make it out there is Caribana and Indy)

That is why they don't typically run As on the tunnel routes (509/510) in case of breakdowns, especially if the brakes seize up as there is little clearence in the tunnel to crank them off. However, when ever the are drastic passenger volumes, they have been known to run them anyways to move the people and worry about breakdowns when and if they happen. (Other than the CNE the only other times As make it out there is Caribana and Indy)

In 2002 and 2003 there were a few artics out there for Caribana - very unusual during the Ex. The last few years haven't seen any during Caribana even.

Haven't seen an ALRV on the 510 in years.

Thanks everyone for all the valuable information on these boards. My Toronto "day-trip" was a tiring success. Upon arriving in Toronto on the VIA train 70 (on time!! :blink: ) I jumped on the Subway and got off at Queen. My driver on the Queen car was very helpful and made sure that the PCC had not left Russell (before taking me there) and dropped me off right at the Carhouse to catch 4500 coming into service just 5 minutes later! I tried for video, but the driver stopped the car for photos so I switched over to still photos for the day. Sure glad I did, with all the congestion and cars, it would have made for a lousy day of video. I could not believe how packed the cars were.. first time riding on a "crush" load on an ALRV. (Speaking of, I missed the "rare" photo of the day, an ALRV was heading from Union Subway). wow. Lucked out and rode the 4500 with a light load coming from the CNE towards Union, several very pleasant drivers and a few that looked ready to walk off the job. All in all, a terrific Sunday! Thanks TTC.. and thanks everyone here for the good info, I was especially pleased to get that photo I had wanted of the 4500 elsewhere on the system (not the 509) leaving the carhouse.

Mike

Here are just a few photos since you all see this stuff all the time:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/organistmike/...57603223138555/

The supervisor was mad when i told him last night only 7 alrv on 511 nothing else to spare. They only had 20 runs for 511 and only 2 for 509 out of ronces. Russell was puting 12 cars on 509, and what was even more worse it was the new period on Sunday so less cars on 509 511 that didnt help. The supervisor was saying they couldnt handle the amount of people out there even with buses helping and trying to get alrv off 501 to go and help. All i got to say is every year they go threw this and nothing has change i went threw this last year and the year before that and so on and nothing has changed.

Brad