YRT Retirements

Still plated, farebox intact, decals intact...not withstanding a power cart plugged in. Unless this picture was taken right when they made the official decision to retire the bus and before they took anything off it doesn't exactly look retired...

+1, couldn't have said it better myself.

Also the fact that their replacements have barely started arriving, and won't be in service for a few months... It is also not unusual to see buses that are waiting for a significant part (or one with a long wait time) to have other parts given to vehicles that need them to get them back in service quicker.

Still plated, farebox intact, decals intact...not withstanding a power cart plugged in. Unless this picture was taken right when they made the official decision to retire the bus and before they took anything off it doesn't exactly look retired...

Theres abunch of RTS's at Arrow Road that still have all that stuff still in and their retired.

I'd like to point out they're using the bus as a part bus so I've heard. Also.. Its hasn't been out for over a month.

"So I've heard" is just rumors. Like previously said above, it could be out waiting for a major part and parts are being taken out of it to keep the other buses running. The picture posted does not indicate it being retired in any shape or form, other than it being barricaded off in the garage.

Unless it's sitting outside without plates and/or decals, and no farebox or INIT as most retired YRT vehicles are, I would hold on to calling it retired.

I think it should be noted that 230, 232, and 233 have all not been seen in service for a few months now, and none of the three have officially been retired yet, just stored. 228 is likely in the same boat.

Being a parts bus also doesn't mean anything. There's a Nova right now in BRT that's a parts bus, but it's in no way retired. Once the YRT Novas come in, then we can determine whether the 2xxs are confirmed retired or not.

I swear high school teachers these days place emphasis on citing and referencing materials. Guess somebody didn't pay attention in class.

In case you're wondering what the yellow sticker on the windshield is, it's the MTO sticker. It has holes punched in for the expiry date. Even if it's expired, it can still be renewed, since the bus could be awaiting parts to satisfy the renewal requirements of the sticker.

To quash these rumors once and for all....228 was sitting in the active lanes today and likely went into service this afternoon.

Retired South West buses are not kept inside the bus garage, but parked at the south west area of the property, generally with their bike racks removed.

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously? We're gonna go through this again? Where's your proof that these are retired?

BTW none of the LFS assigned to SW have entered service... I find it difficult to believe that buses are retired before their replacements are ready.

What heard who working on SW. If can't believe, than can leave this till more confirmation is coming. (See edited posted below also)

For Entering services relation, they might possible since in TTC Retired RTses even earlier than schedule. So it depends.

Every 2XX except 228 is now retired.

they are banned in the service Since they are parking at back of the yard, and they are not allowed into service anymore. I think computer (init)removal will be in process

What heard who working on SW. If can't believe, than can leave this till more confirmation is comming.

For Entering services relation, they might possible since in TTC Retired RTses even earlier than schedule. So it depends.

"Heard".

I also heard that SW is transferring 307-310 to Miller to supplement Miller's express services.

• 2 weeks later...