TTC Service changes November 26 2006

Mike

The major changes are as follows:

61A Avenue Rd. North - accessible service (Orion VII)

60 Steeles West - should become all Orion VII all the time.

165 Weston Rd. North - accessible service (Nova RTS)

96 Wilson - accessible service (Nova RTS)

320B Yonge Night bus - branch is eliminated.

In the new service summary it also says that fleet numbers for the 2007 hybrids will be 1200-1423 (note that there are now 224 of them and not 220), the 2008 hybrids will be 1500-1639. It also says that there are only 11 Orion VI buses still in service as of November 1, 2006, so quite a few have been retired that are not marked in the spottings thread. There are also only 21 D901s left, but there are 23 on our list.

It also says that there are only 11 Orion VI buses still in service as of November 1, 2006, so quite a few have been retired that are not marked in the spottings thread.

A moment of silence, as we' re down to less than a quarter of the original VI fleet... :)

*silence for one minute*

RIP Orion VI...

Yes, I will miss the VIs, they are one of my favourite buses in the TTC Fleet, I have so much childhood memories of them, like the first time my cousins told me about them when they were new (I was 5-6), they told me they rode a bus on 29 that had a door at the very back, I think they might have rode 2000 (Orion VI Demo) that day. Anyways, hopefully I can get a couple photos of them before they're gone.

EDIT: I noticed that 22, 12 and 135 are now listed as non accessible routes and also 22, 12, 135, 70, 24 & 167 are listed as HF routes and not VII routes.

Yes, I will miss the VIs, they are one of my favourite buses in the TTC Fleet, I have so much childhood memories of them, like the first time my cousins told me about them when they were new (I was 5-6), they told me they rode a bus on 29 that had a door at the very back, I think they might have rode 2000 (Orion VI Demo) that day. Anyways, hopefully I can get a couple photos of them before they're gone.

Last time I rode the Orion VIs was on 47, I always take them for fun from Yorkdale to Bloor Subway, and then take the subway to Finch. But now, I take the subway to Downsview, 84 to Sheppard, and up to Finch.

Ahh..those were the days.

A moment of silence, as we' re down to less than a quarter of the original VI fleet... :)

I have not yet ridden one. I have November 20th, which is before next board period, so hopefully I will be lucky. I will probably be the last person from this board to have his first ride on a TTC VI :)

Isn't there somewhere we can download the pdf document on the Nov. 26 changes? I'm talking about that document that has all the routes and what type of buses run on each route. Its got the number of each type of bus remaining in the TTC as well.

You can download it here.

41 Keele and 120 Calvington will probably be made accessible the board period after (January 7), whis=ch is most likely when all the Hybrids will be here and no more Fishbowls at Arrow Rd.

Does that mean Wilson will have then have the largest inventory of GM's left in the fleet and as a result will most likely have them the longest of any other garage?

Does that mean Wilson will have then have the largest inventory of GM's left in the fleet and as a result will most likely have them the longest of any other garage?

You never know what TTC will do in the future, Wilson could lose all it's GM before Malvern. You can't perdict what the TTC will do.

There was never a moment of silence at my house, it was a moment of Kybosh.

This is the happiest day of my life. :rolleyes:

Huzzah!!! let them burn!!!! burn in hell orion 6's!

You're one of the rare people who are happy to see them go, even when they're (almost) gone.

I'll admit that I was just like you, I hated the VI's (even though I hate MT's more than TTC's, but now that they're almost gone and have become scarce, I don't mind them anymore. I would assume that this is the mentality that most people on board share.

In regards to the changes at Arrow, I still don't know why Arrow doesn't take over all of the runs on the 45 and give Queensway a few more runs on the 37. This would free up (what is it) 4 D40LF's to prevent accessibility problems on other Queensway routes and would not hurt the 37, as that route won't be accessible for a while anyway so there's no point in wasting Arrow's VII's on that route. As for someone's question about the 41, I agree that the TTC is holding off on making it officially accessible until January to allow Arrow to finish off some of the GM's that are at the end of their life (ie 2017, 2611, 2615). 2611 and 2615 were on the 41 on Friday.

Another thing, the report still hasn't given a division for either the 8000's or the 1200's coming next year. I really hope that Queensway gets the 8000's, which IIRC, are slated to come in January right (even though that usually means March). I'm not sure when the 1200's are coming, I think somebody mentioned that it was March or April. In all fairness, Queensway should get one of those orders and Malvern should get the other, but that's probably not going to happen. In any case, my hope is that I can ride a VII on the 49 coming home from school before I graduate high school in June.

This probably isn't very credible, but I've heard from a few drivers that the 1200's are rumoured to be allocated to Wilson...I myself would have thought Mt Dennis (and perhaps temporarily at another division) since its due for completion by Fall 2007.

maybe it will be split between Wilson and another division? or just temporarily at Wilson until Mt. Dennis is finished.

This probably isn't very credible, but I've heard from a few drivers that the 1200's are rumoured to be allocated to Wilson...I myself would have thought Mt Dennis (and perhaps temporarily at another division) since its due for completion by Fall 2007.

I'll concede that it's possible to have them at Mt. Dennis, but seeing as how the 1200's are scheduled to start being delivered in May, that would mean that they would have to be "stored" somewhere in the mean time.

May and June of next year should be an interesting period for the TTC, that is for sure.

Dan

I'll concede that it's possible to have them at Mt. Dennis, but seeing as how the 1200's are scheduled to start being delivered in May, that would mean that they would have to be "stored" somewhere in the mean time.

May and June of next year should be an interesting period for the TTC, that is for sure.

Dan

I'm thinking that Birchmount might be one of the divisions where the 1200s can be stored since it's capacity is around 250 and it only has about 210-225 buses usually and only uses 185 buses at most. It wouldn't matter if the buses have UWE connectors or not since it won't be winter.

I'm thinking that Birchmount might be one of the divisions where the 1200s can be stored since it's capacity is around 250 and it only has about 210-225 buses usually and only uses 185 buses at most. It wouldn't matter if the buses have UWE connectors or not since it won't be winter.

I would put the first 90 or so of the 12xx buses at Arrow and transfer the fishbowls to Malvern and the 75/76xx Orions to Birchmount. That way Arrow would only have two different types of buses at the division which would make it easier for ther mechanics and drivers.

I've been on this board for 3 years and I must admit that I enjoy reading everyone's posts about where the new TTC buses will be allocated before it is finalized by the TTC. It's quite funny how so many people enjoy commenting on where they think the buses should be allocated. LOL.

Why is everyone so anxious to know where they're allocated? It'll be at one of those garages in due time.

Just like a few years ago when 7400 came, everyone wanted a piece of that bus, same goes for MT's 0601 when it first arrived and TTC 1000. They will all be here in due time and pretty soon you'll all be bored of them.

I've been on this board for 3 years and I must admit that I enjoy reading everyone's posts about where the new TTC buses will be allocated before it is finalized by the TTC. It's quite funny how so many people enjoy commenting on where they think the buses should be allocated. LOL.

Why is everyone so anxious to know where they're allocated? It'll be at one of those garages in due time.

Just like a few years ago when 7400 came, everyone wanted a piece of that bus, same goes for MT's 0601 when it first arrived and TTC 1000. They will all be here in due time and pretty soon you'll all be bored of them.

LOL I agree

you all should post your thoughts of where the buses should go in the 'Allocation thread'

It would take the fun out of it to simply wait and see which division new deliveries go to when you can get everybody's opinion and reaction as to where they should go.

BTW, I'm not sure if this was mentioned but the order for 2007 Hybrids reads 1200-1423, are those 4 extra buses there because Orion was late this year in delivering the 7900's?