MiWay

Orion VIII

I haven't heard how inspection turn out today by Mississauga, but it did not meet their standards a week ago to open on Nov 22. Until everything meets Mississauga standards, buses will remain as is until all requirements are meet. Lack of shelters is one thing, missing concrete from the new street level to the stations are 2 things I know of, but no clue about inside or the new platforms problems.

1 hour ago, mikenoza said:

Image result for Metrolinx New Logo

hmmm. interesting... I wonder how they'll put this logo on the GO buses. My guess is that they'll just use a white version of the logo and place it right where the old logo used to be.

miWay budget is on line now and starts at page 276.   https://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/committees/budget/2017/2017_11_20_Budget_Committee_Service_Presentations_(Items_6.1_and_6.2).pdf

Looks like 10 buses for 2018, 15 for 2019, 45 for 2020, 100 for 2021. This is on top of what we are getting now.

30 drivers to be hire.

Not impress with budget and no increase of service on Sat, let alone the whole week other than whats going to the 100's routes not going to help the system as a whole. Route 23 getting better service than 3 is a joke considering where 23 is in the ranking of routes in the first place.

34 minutes ago, drum118 said:

miWay budget is on line now and starts at page 276.   https://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/committees/budget/2017/2017_11_20_Budget_Committee_Service_Presentations_(Items_6.1_and_6.2).pdf

Looks like 10 buses for 2018, 15 for 2019, 45 for 2020, 100 for 2021. This is on top of what we are getting now.

30 drivers to be hire.

Not impress with budget and no increase of service on Sat, let alone the whole week other than whats going to the 100's routes not going to help the system as a whole. Route 23 getting better service than 3 is a joke considering where 23 is in the ranking of routes in the first place.

Your post is inaccurate and is just assumptions.

If you cared to read the actual budget at http://www7.mississauga.ca/eCity/Budget/img/2018/2018-2021-Business-Plan-and-Budget.pdf you would note that the MiWay section starts at page 146. There is currently no money budgeted for bus purchases in 2018 (page 197). There is $4.5 million budgeted in 2019, $22.3 million in 2020. The budget has never listed quantities of buses purchased, just budget amounts so to just assume is careless since you don't know how exactly they arrived at that number and whether they would be 40', 60' MiLocal, MiExpress. 

I should also point out that the federal government is expected to announce another round of PTIF funding which could advance the purchase of these 2019-2021 purchases forward if the city chooses to use the funding for it. But as of right now there are no purchases planned in 2018 and the numbers you've assumed for bus purchases are way off considering a 40' bus is over $550,000 now. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Silly Tilley said:

Your post is inaccurate and is just assumptions.

If you cared to read the actual budget at http://www7.mississauga.ca/eCity/Budget/img/2018/2018-2021-Business-Plan-and-Budget.pdf you would note that the MiWay section starts at page 146. There is currently no money budgeted for bus purchases in 2018 (page 197). There is $4.5 million budgeted in 2019, $22.3 million in 2020. The budget has never listed quantities of buses purchased, just budget amounts so to just assume is careless since you don't know how exactly they arrived at that number and whether they would be 40', 60' MiLocal, MiExpress. 

I should also point out that the federal government is expected to announce another round of PTIF funding which could advance the purchase of these 2019-2021 purchases forward if the city chooses to use the funding for it. But as of right now there are no purchases planned in 2018 and the numbers you've assumed for bus purchases are way off considering a 40' bus is over $550,000 now. 

I used $600,000 per bus assuming they are 40' and allowing for inflation. I did say "ABOUT" so numbers can go one way or another for final quantity based on final bid price. So how can that be careless??? Thats what budgeting is all about. You aim high and hope for the best and lower numbers. I guess you don't do much budgeting?? 

The Budget for buses is in capital Request on the last few pages in the 300 range.

If the Feds do another PTIF, I sure the City will go for it that will change the time line. One can't plan for the future based on unknown support from the feds or others, other than the city and therefore needs city support to get what it can, when you can.

31 minutes ago, drum118 said:

I used $600,000 per bus assuming they are 40' and allowing for inflation. I did say "ABOUT" so numbers can go one way or another for final quantity based on final bid price. So how can that be careless??? Thats what budgeting is all about. You aim high and hope for the best and lower numbers. I guess you don't do much budgeting?? 

The Budget for buses is in capital Request on the last few pages in the 300 range.

If the Feds do another PTIF, I sure the City will go for it that will change the time line. One can't plan for the future based on unknown support from the feds or others, other than the city and therefore needs city support to get what it can, when you can.

Screenshot_2017-11-20-22-21-38.thumb.png.e1ce7ea5e65597a2259ee82976074c55.png

You seem to be referencing numbers from the proposed capital program overview on page 194 and interpreting the buses category as only being for purchases. If you scroll down a couple pages to the proposed 2018 capital budget detail on page 196 you will find that of the 6.06 million being spent in the buses category almost all of it is for capital maintenance of major components. 

MiWay has officially announced that it will begin serving Renforth Station on November 22.  New station map here.

Routes 7, 39, 107 and 109 will serve the station directly while the remaining routes will serve a restructured Skymark Hub.  I brought up the redistribution of the bus stops at the MiWay5 meeting at Meadowvale Town Centre last fall.  Currently I'll ride whatever bus I can catch from Kipling up to Skymark and then catch either the 39 or 87.  Now, as of next week, the bus I catch at Kipling will have an impact as to which bus I connect with at Skymark/Renforth.  With the Eglinton bridge detour still in effect would it make sense for the 35 to enter the Transitway directly off of Eglinton rather than make the loop to serve Skymark Hub?

In an ideal world all of the routes (whichever ones eventually survive the MiWay5 restructuring) should run out of Renforth Station to avoid all of this confusion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Kit Kat said:

Pulled into Clarkson in the early PM and saw 1359 on the 13.  First time in years for me to see a 60 footer on the 13.   Is this normal?

There's usually a bunch of 40 footers together and sometimes a 60 foot on that route because of overcrowding by students from Gonzaga and Iona. By the time school finishes for them they use the 60 foots. I saw an XD60 on the 13 too when I went to Zaga.

1 hour ago, MiWay0310 said:

Anyone know what's happening with 1357? It hasn't been out for exactly one month today. 

Prob maintenance work or something

33 minutes ago, mikenoza said:

There's usually a bunch of 40 footers together and sometimes a 60 foot on that route because of overcrowding by students from Gonzaga and Iona. By the time school finishes for them they use the 60 foots. I saw an XD60 on the 13 too when I went to Zaga.

i havent seen 1043 for almost 2 months, very likely getting the battery replaced

17 hours ago, mikenoza said:

Sometimes they use 60ft on 13 school whichever tends happens the students from Gonzaga, Iona, and also from Fraser and sometimes Clarkson school

22 hours ago, Kit Kat said:

Pulled into Clarkson in the early PM and saw 1359 on the 13.  First time in years for me to see a 60 footer on the 13.   Is this normal?

Yes. Completely normal. There is a run between 2-3PM which is usually an artic. I take that bus from school every day during the summer and spring months.

They started doing the artic this year, as the bus was getting way too crowded (Especially right after Erindale, cause it got really crowded there). It uses both 2008 D60LFRs and 2013 XD60s.

13 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

Looks like a MiWay bus had a run-in with an OPP cruiser:

https://www.mississauga.com/news-story/7959701--expect-delays-opp-cruiser-collides-with-miway-transit-bus-in-mississauga/

Apologies for lack of information. Tried hunting for more but wasn't getting anywhere...

Anyone have more info?

The bus involved was most likely 1110.

• Thanks 2