Your coins.

Hybrid0920

I have a collection. sort of. Not really a neat, orderly collection, but more like a motley assortment of coins that I've gathered. Lots of bunny money, v nickels (the real ones, not the new and improved ones), silver and half dollars from Canada and US. (from long ago) 1935 ish and up. Foreign coins that are getting very old now. Centennial dollar bill. Some commemorative coins. I once gave a guy a few random 'doubles' that I had and when I saw him next he gave me about $60.00 saying that's what they were worth. I wasn't expecting anything.

Heres a thread for pics/discussion about your collection of coins. I am a coin fanatic and I have thousands of collector coins, old and new.

Today at work I opened the till in drive thru and found a whole nickel section FULL of 1967 Centennial Nickels (with the rabbit image on it.) and took $1 worth. I found it very weird.. maybe they were refurbed by the mint and sent back out in full rolls?

Attached is pictures of the centennial nickels I grabbed today.

Also, the 2008 poppy quarter, do you have one?

I also have a 50cent coin in my collection.

Point55. ;)

My sister used to work as a teller so she got me some old $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $100 bills. Most of them were the 1960-1980 versions. To me, the $20 bill looks like a phony one but since it came from the bank so I still keep it instead of taking that to the police station.

Today at work I opened the till in drive thru and found a whole nickel section FULL of 1967 Centennial Nickels (with the rabbit image on it.) and took $1 worth. I found it very weird.. maybe they were refurbed by the mint and sent back out in full rolls?

So you stole a dollar ?

I remember back in 1999 when the Millenium quarters were coming out, while my mom was shopping we'd go to the cash registers and ask if they had any "special quarters" and exchange regular quarters for them...somethingI wouldn't be caught doing now, but it made all that shopping all the more bearable and resulted in a sizeable collection of quarters :D The most of one kind I've got now are 93 December 1999 coins.

I remember when I managed to get the full set of 1992's...it was back when they had a place at Toronto Union Station that sold antique stuff, when I managed to get NorthWest Territories and Yukon.

These days I set aside the odd piece I find interesting and stick it with the rest of the collection which has the usual stuff...all the recent special issue Canadian coins, a roll of untouched 50 cent pieces, old quarters and nickels (an American 1916 penny has got to be my oldest), foreign coins, etc.

Today after work I took a walk to a coin store downtown Hamilton, and got to see a coin from 300 BC! Yeah thats right, no lie! It looked like an uneven piece of metal, and had a crappy face on it, this coin goes for $190!

If the date on the coin is 300 BC, the coin if for sure fake. How would someone knows 300 years in advance when the Christ would be born? :D

• Board Admin

I have a pretty sizable coin collection at home. It's funny you ran across those rabbit nickels - my dad actually collected a bunch of them when he was younger and he had a ton when I started to get into the hobby. I haven't really done anything to the collection for years now, so there are a lot of recent years missing I am sure. I do put any special coins aside though. Will be interesting to see some of those Quebec toonies!

I remember back in 1999 when the Millenium quarters were coming out, while my mom was shopping we'd go to the cash registers and ask if they had any "special quarters" and exchange regular quarters for them...somethingI wouldn't be caught doing now, but it made all that shopping all the more bearable and resulted in a sizeable collection of quarters <_< The most of one kind I've got now are 93 December 1999 coins.

I remember when I managed to get the full set of 1992's...it was back when they had a place at Toronto Union Station that sold antique stuff, when I managed to get NorthWest Territories and Yukon.

These days I set aside the odd piece I find interesting and stick it with the rest of the collection which has the usual stuff...all the recent special issue Canadian coins, a roll of untouched 50 cent pieces, old quarters and nickels (an American 1916 penny has got to be my oldest), foreign coins, etc.

Was that the shop that sold medals, t-shirts with CP / CN locos on it, VIA LRC numberboards...etc. It was located at the top of the ramp to the VIA departures concourse.

If so I remember that shop. I brought quite a few things from him, but I don't think I picked up any coins.

If the date on the coin is 300 BC, the coin if for sure fake. How would someone knows 300 years in advance when the Christ would be born? ;)

I've seen a BC coin too, it isn't dated on the coin that it is BC, but it has been dated from that time period by using info from the coin. However at that age the date would be approximate.

Was that the shop that sold medals, t-shirts with CP / CN locos on it, VIA LRC numberboards...etc. It was located at the top of the ramp to the VIA departures concourse.

If so I remember that shop. I brought quite a few things from him, but I don't think I picked up any coins.

You got the spot <_< The Union Station souviner shop was on one side of the entrance to the departures (west, closer to Harveys), the place I was talking about was on the other side (east).