Celebrity Death Thread

Gregory

Darius Campbell, Scottish singer, songwriter, musician, actor and film producer has died on August 11th, 2022. He was 41 years old and he was 8 days left before his 42nd birthday according to Wikipedia. 

Here's the Statement:

It was announced in a statement from his family on 16 August 2022 that Campbell was found unresponsive on 11 August 2022 in his apartment in Rochester, Minnesota and was pronounced dead later that day. 8 days before his 42nd birthday. His family reported there were no suspicious circumstances or signs of intent surrounding his death.

The statement from the family read: "It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Darius Campbell Danesh. Darius was found unresponsive in bed in his apartment room in Rochester, Minnesota, on 11 August and was pronounced dead in the afternoon by the local medical examiners' office. The local police department have confirmed that there were no signs of intent or suspicious circumstances. The cause of his sudden death is unknown at this stage while medical examinations continue. We ask that you kindly respect our wishes for privacy at this time whilst we come to terms with the tragic loss of our son and brother."

• Sad 2

Darya Dugina, Russian journalist and activist, daughter of Aleksandr Dugin, a far-right political philosopher, whose political views and support for Vladimir Putin she shared has died on  20 August 2022 at 29 years old when her car exploded on Mozhayskoye Shosse in the settlement of Bolshiye Vyazyomy outside Moscow around 9:45pm local time. She was driving to Moscow after attending the annual festival "Tradition", which describes itself as a family festival for art lovers. The "Tradition" festival is held at the Zakharovo estate, approximately 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) north of Bolshiye Vyazyomy. Investigators said an explosive device was planted in the car. It is unclear whether she was targeted deliberately, or whether her father, who had been expected to travel with her but switched to another car at the last minute, was the intended target.

16 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

I say they where targeted.(my opion)by who? Not sure, but speculating Ukraine(my opion)

There is a not insignificant faction within Russia that sees through Putin’s bullshit, and it’s growing daily.

This may well have been an inside job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Not to sound harsh or evil, but Putin needs to be taken out.

Unfortunately, 2 issues here:

1) Taking him out is damn near impossible with all the security & precautions he takes (the guy responsible for all the bloodshed is hiding away with maximum security). It would be extraordinarily difficult to pull off anything like that even for someone near the top, let alone some random Gavrilo Princip wannabe off the street. Yes, there has been a lot of talk going around that Putin's inner circle is becoming increasingly dissatisfied with him, and yes there are a lot of ordinary citizens who are against him, but unfortunately they are forcibly being silenced & indoctrinated.

2) Even if he does get taken out, there's no guarantee things will magically improve. Most likely he'll just be replaced by one of his ilk (i.e. Patrushev) who'll continue to perpetuate the cycle.

I hate to say this, but I have zero hope that Russia will EVER get its fucking shit together. All I can say is it would be real nice if Russian people could storm the Kremlin right now, akin to the storming of the Capitol last year, if it would actually change things for the better.

37 minutes ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Mikhail Gorbachev, the final Soviet Union president and Russian politician has passed away today at the age of 92. He was also the person who help ended the Cold War.

Quite unfortunate that he lived long enough to watch his life's work get destroyed by a single person.  Back in the 80s, when Regan and Gorby were working together to take down the Iron Curtain without the use of force or violence, that was an era when politics mattered, not like the Circus of political clowns and garbage opinions we have today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 9924 said:

Quite unfortunate that he lived long enough to watch his life's work get destroyed by a single person.  Back in the 80s, when Regan and Gorby were working together to take down the Iron Curtain without the use of force or violence, that was an era when politics mattered, not like the Circus of political clowns and garbage opinions we have today.

Indeed, politics should matter. The political circus everywhere nowadays is embarrassing. Still, at 91 he had a good run for his money. Sad what has become of the world now.

2 hours ago, 9924 said:

The field goal Mikhail set up was skunked 30 years ago by the 1991 coup attempt.

I’m convinced Boris was a patsy chosen by the Oligarchs carving up the USSR turkey specifically because of his alcoholism. 

45 minutes ago, captaintrolley said:

Indeed, politics should matter. The political circus everywhere nowadays is embarrassing. Still, at 91 he had a good run for his money. Sad what has become of the world now.

Yet Henry Kissinger still cheats death somehow. ?

2 hours ago, 9924 said:

Not to mention the decision to let the Warsaw Pact fall apart peacefully is responsible for saving countless lives, too. I shudder to think of what would have happened had the revolutionaries been met with force.