Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

On 9/7/2016 at 7:27 PM, brzyski said:

a

3 hours ago, brzyski said:

A few minutes ago I was on 12004 (#49), when the driver took the wrong left and turned at East Mall, instead of Wesbrook. The driver had no idea of roads in UBC and some of us who are students there had to give him directions. Eventually we went north on East Mall, then east to Agronomy, south to Wesbrook (since left turn is banned there) and made a U-turn and Thunderbird to head north. 3 stops were missed. I wonder if VTC drivers are familiar enough with #49's south-UBC portion, given it's different from #41's.....

Also, Earlier today I was on a #405 and the driver went the wrong way too (he was chatting with another driver and missed the right turn at Lansdowne)......

I don't think the VTC operators doing route 49 did route training...

Edited by Peter M

This reminds me of the time I was on the 156 in August 2010. We were approaching Schoolhouse & Foster, instead of going straight on Schoolhouse, we turned left on to Foster. The driver realized he made a wrong turn when he saw the bus stop and it said '151 Lougheed Station' instead of '156 Lougheed Station'. We drove around the block and went back on route.

Trolley overhead crew was out this evening on Davie St.  New EB wire is in place from Seymour to Mainland, actually attached to hangers from Seymour to Richards, and then tied to spans from Richards eastwards.  New span wires have been installed on Davie east to Mainland.  All the new switches and crossings are in place at the intersection of Davie and Seymour.  At Davie and Richards, a crossing has been installed where the EB Davie wire crosses the SB Richards wire, though no crossing or trail in have been installed yet for the future WB wire.

September 2016-6 036.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wilson2003 said:

2501 has had those large fleet numbers for a while, I guess they just printed them in the size of the fleet numbers in the interior.  Lot's of buses are messed up like this.  2560 has a circular zero instead of an oval.

Yup I see E60LFR's everyday.

4 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

Noticed 2501 with abnormally large fleet numbers on the driver side and 2198 on passenger side

Yes, the weird fleet numbers are messed up... also they started using the new font on the trolleys.

On 9/10/2016 at 9:01 PM, Michael Marriott said:

Trolley overhead crew was out this evening on Davie St.  New EB wire is in place from Seymour to Mainland, actually attached to hangers from Seymour to Richards, and then tied to spans from Richards eastwards.  New span wires have been installed on Davie east to Mainland.  All the new switches and crossings are in place at the intersection of Davie and Seymour.  At Davie and Richards, a crossing has been installed where the EB Davie wire crosses the SB Richards wire, though no crossing or trail in have been installed yet for the future WB wire.

September 2016-6 036.JPG

Here's a picture I grabbed from them being stuck, blocking traffic after a cop car somehow drove into a pole in front of them. :lol:

IMG_20160910_160541417.jpg

• Like 1

Speaking of fleet numbers, I think 2253 may have had some bodywork done to the rear at some point. The fleet numbers on the rear window appear to be in the BC Transit font (similar to 9574 and 9586) and the grille on the left rear flank (where the rad would be on a diesel LF or LFR) is not louvered.

Passed by RTC today and noticed an assortment of AC and Girardin shuttles parked there. I assume the ICs are there to clear out OTC and/or be used for training, and I'm guessing the Girardins are new deliveries being tested... Does that mean OTC is being phased out entirely now?

1 hour ago, ThatBusGuy said:

Passed by RTC today and noticed an assortment of AC and Girardin shuttles parked there. I assume the ICs are there to clear out OTC and/or be used for training, and I'm guessing the Girardins are new deliveries being tested... Does that mean OTC is being phased out entirely now?

RTC is the new OTC, as far as I'm aware. Correct me if I'm wrong

21 minutes ago, andrewjoystick said:

My brother spotted this BC Transit Nova yesterday afternoon at abound 3pm in White Rock at 16th Ave and 152nd St. Anyone have any idea why this bus would be there?

IMG_2729.JPG

If I had to guess, I would say it could be transferring from Chilliwack to a system on Vancouver Island and the driver was taking a very interesting route to the ferry.