Cornwall Transit

D40LF

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎17 at 9:14 AM, operator13382 said:

Equipment Issues with Handi-Transit Vehicles earlier in the week.  They keep Bubba as a spare HT Bus and will use a 30 footer normally on Riverdale in that case.  

The 0973 on Thursday was not able to keep up with the cold. Due to the cold weather some drivers will request the 03's because they have good heat.

We'll see anybody who comes for the Cornwall Charter this afternoon.  I'm rostered to be your driver.

Dean

Makes sense about the '03 Orion V.  I recall roasting on those buses lol...  One of them is on the Riverdale route today, I heard it go by my house this morning when starting it's run.

On 2016-12-16 at 7:00 PM, sdgta2008 said:

I guessed Bubba croaked again.  Either 0359 or 0360 was on the Riverdale route today.

The old girl just won't quit. Bubba was on Riverdale during our charter. We neglected to get a side-by-side shot with our chartered Orion II last Saturday, but I don't think that anyone particularly minded,

On 2016-12-17 at 9:14 AM, operator13382 said:

Equipment Issues with Handi-Transit Vehicles earlier in the week.  They keep Bubba as a spare HT Bus and will use a 30 footer normally on Riverdale in that case.  

The 0973 on Thursday was not able to keep up with the cold. Due to the cold weather some drivers will request the 03's because they have good heat.

We'll see anybody who comes for the Cornwall Charter this afternoon.  I'm rostered to be your driver.

Dean

Thanks for your great service Dean, and welcome to the board!

Mario

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SMS said:

Here is the latest information that I have received:

8558, 9878, 9879, and 0567 have been removed from the active roster.

New unit 9887 has effectively replaced 9879. 

RIP 8558.  It had a damn good run.

Rumour has it the incoming 4 new handi-transit buses are going to be high-floor cutaways.  Has anyone gotten anymore info regarding this...?

• 2 weeks later...

The new handi-transit buses are indeed high floor cutaways.  They are the high floor model in the Metrolinx Transit Procurement Initiative (Overland Custom Coach/Glaval Bus).  Two were delivered on Friday.  Attached is a picture of one sitting in the barn.  They will not be in service until decals are applied and have some systems such as farebox and cctv cameras installed. 

Also note that as of January 31, 2017 Handi-Transit is now being dispatched by RouteMatch software and tablets installed in the buses.  The prior system was Transview and used printed out sheets on a clipboard.  The aim is to optimize routings with new software and to reduce some radio chatter as changes (Cancellations/add-ons) can be sent directly to the tablets over a mobile data network (cellular/LTE).

Dean M.
Cornwall, Ontario

New HT Bus.jpg

• Like 1

• Root Admin
7 hours ago, operator13382 said:

Also note that as of January 31, 2017 Handi-Transit is now being dispatched by RouteMatch software and tablets installed in the buses.  The prior system was Transview and used printed out sheets on a clipboard.  The aim is to optimize routings with new software and to reduce some radio chatter as changes (Cancellations/add-ons) can be sent directly to the tablets over a mobile data network (cellular/LTE).

Dean M.

Cornwall, Ontario

New HT Bus.jpg

Oh god...transview. We use that at Oakville Transit still. Pain in the ass. We are doing a project with RouteMatch currently.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

15 hours ago, eclair14 said:

They sold for 25 bucks !!! , should have buy them and then resale them to scapyard, could have made a hefty profit !

You would be lucky to break even as not to many scrap yards scrap CNG buses due to not wanting to handle the tanks. Also the cost of towing to the scrap yard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if Bubba is charter-worthy... I am hesitant whether operator13382 would even put his name in to do it :lol: In all seriousness, I would offer a fan trip on a V or VI, hek even possibly a LFS or an El Dorado before Bubba.

• 4 weeks later...