Westjet

kitchenerlrt

1 hour ago, John Oke said:

Anyone know the registrations for the next three Dreamliners?

- C-GKKN - Line 959 - Had it's first flight on Jan 4th, expected delivery beginning of February.

- Line 994 - Should be arriving in 2020, I can't find any public record of a registration assigned to it.

- Line 1014 - Should be arriving in 2020, I can't find any public record of a registration assigned to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WestJet lands in Roatán

Route

Frequency

Departing

Arriving

Effective

Toronto-Roatán

(Sunday)

Once weekly

9:30 a.m.

1:11 p.m.

December 15, 2019

Roatán- Toronto

(Sunday)

Once weekly

2:10 p.m.

7:27 p.m.

December 15, 2019

http://westjet.mediaroom.com/2019-12-16-WestJet-lands-in-Roatan

WestJet adds Boston to Calgary hub

Route

Frequency

Departing

Arriving

Effective

Calgary-Boston

Daily

9:45 a.m.

4:15 p.m.

May 14, 2020

Boston-Calgary

Daily

5 p.m.

8:15 p.m.

May 14, 2020

http://westjet.mediaroom.com/2019-12-12-WestJet-adds-Boston-to-Calgary-hub

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, 9924 said:

Via Seattle isn't an option?

It can be, but air service there is really limited from here, so you basically have one shot, and get sunk again by transfers. Just a small airport problem, I'm sure if I flew from YVR it wouldn't be nearly as difficult.

(And I'm military so the savings on free bags alone often makes flying Canadian financially beneficial) 

22 hours ago, Dane said:

It can be, but air service there is really limited from here, so you basically have one shot, and get sunk again by transfers. Just a small airport problem, I'm sure if I flew from YVR it wouldn't be nearly as difficult.

(And I'm military so the savings on free bags alone often makes flying Canadian financially beneficial) 

Was just thinking with the few flights you have to SEA from YYJ a day and the multitude of flights a day to BOS from SEA, it would be easier than trying to connect with a once daily out of YYC.  Haven't been to BOS yet, but it is on my US Bucketlist.

With the joint venture that WestJet has with Delta does anyone think there’s a chance that WestJet may join Sky Team in the near future?

some other examples on why this could happen is the rewards programs with KLM-Air France, Delta and a few other Sky Team airlines are integrated with WS as well several codeshares with Sky Team airlines.

It's hard to say now that they're no longer publicly traded because quarterly metrics and public disclosures aren't as important.  I have heard they've made changes to the RBC/WestJet Mastercard that make it less attractive.  It could be an indicator that they might be looking to wind down their in-house rewards scheme.  Given that some sort or rewards scheme is the norm for anything but the ULCCs and that WestJet probably has it's sights set on being a more conventional international carrier it wouldn't surprise me if they join Sky Team.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dbdb said:

It's hard to say now that they're no longer publicly traded because quarterly metrics and public disclosures aren't as important.  I have heard they've made changes to the RBC/WestJet Mastercard that make it less attractive.  It could be an indicator that they might be looking to wind down their in-house rewards scheme.  Given that some sort or rewards scheme is the norm for anything but the ULCCs and that WestJet probably has it's sights set on being a more conventional international carrier it wouldn't surprise me if they join Sky Team.

If you were looking for free flights, WS Rewards was awesome.  If you're after any other frequent flyer perks, it's useless.

WS flight 2702 bound for Montego Bay from Toronto was forced to turn back to YYZ after a passenger stood up and said he had the Coronavirus a 29 year old man from Thornhill,ON was arrested and charged with Mischief. What I found surprising is that he wasn’t charged with endangering an aircraft

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/false-coronavirus-claim-diverts-jamaica-bound-flight-back-to-toronto-1.4796266

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Zortan said:

Quite a time to get a brand-new expensive plane delivered. Surprised they didn't / weren't able to defer.

Given the Max situation, amplified by the current events, pretty sure Boeing doesn't have much room to store extra airframes.