2018 Garage Transfers and Storage Reactivations

Express691

4 hours ago, Ricky0119 said:

Make sense. VTC needs room for those new Nova HEV, RTC also needs 40ft buses due to the new routes and some XD40s transfer  to West Van.

I don't think this is related to the new HEV's coming in, the current plan with those is to send out VTC's current hybrids to other depot's as the new ones come in.

I'm not sure if West Van will be getting XD40's from RTC at this point since the 257 is going to BTC in September.  I could be wrong though.

Routes in Richmond will be somewhat interlined.  By that I mean it won't be every trip that has an interline for the most part, but some blocks are like that.  Otherwise most blocks seem to do a bunch of trips on the 401 then switch to the 408 or 406 for example.

1 hour ago, Brando737 said:

I don't think this is related to the new HEV's coming in, the current plan with those is to send out VTC's current hybrids to other depot's as the new ones come in.

I'm not sure if West Van will be getting XD40's from RTC at this point since the 257 is going to BTC in September.  I could be wrong though.

Routes in Richmond will be somewhat interlined.  By that I mean it won't be every trip that has an interline for the most part, but some blocks are like that.  Otherwise most blocks seem to do a bunch of trips on the 401 then switch to the 408 or 406 for example.

Seems like VTC will keep some of the Nova Diesels? The rest of the Nova diesels and all Nova HEVs to other depots?

Heard that West Van’s D40LF will retire soon, they need those XD40s for replacement.

1 hour ago, Ricky0119 said:

Seems like VTC will keep some of the Nova Diesels? The rest of the Nova diesels and all Nova HEVs to other depots?

Heard that West Van’s D40LF will retire soon, they need those XD40s for replacement.

Since the Nova HEV's are for expansion, I assume that some transit depot's will have a huge oversupply of buses to work with? Like It doesn't make sense how 104 Nova's will work as expansion units, considering that most depots have the buses they need. Wouldnt the HEV's just retire more D40LF's?

15 minutes ago, cleowin said:

Since the Nova HEV's are for expansion, I assume that some transit depot's will have a huge oversupply of buses to work with? Like It doesn't make sense how 104 Nova's will work as expansion units, considering that most depots have the buses they need. Wouldnt the HEV's just retire more D40LF's?

D40LF's are being replaced directly by replacement orders which are the 16000's 16100's and 18100's and some will be replaced with artics in the coming order I'm assuming since they are for B-Line's that will displace some 40 footers with some of those artics being actual expansion I'm sure.

However, a number of D40LF's have been kept in service after the arrival of the buses mentioned above that have arrived and are arriving to provide some minor service expansion and a higher spare ratio over the last 2 years so these will be replaced by some of the 104 HEV's.  But for the most part, the majority of the 104 HEV's are 100% expanding the fleet.  I hope I'm making some sense.

1 minute ago, Brando737 said:

D40LF's are being replaced directly by replacement orders which are the 16000's 16100's and 18100's and some will be replaced with artics in the coming order I'm assuming since they are for B-Line's that will displace some 40 footers with some of those artics being actual expansion I'm sure.

However, a number of D40LF's have been kept in service after the arrival of the buses mentioned above that have arrived and are arriving to provide some minor service expansion and a higher spare ratio over the last 2 years so these will be replaced by some of the 104 HEV's.  But for the most part, the majority of the 104 HEV's are 100% expanding the fleet.  I hope I'm making some sense.

Makes sense, I just dont know how approximately 73 Nova's are going to be dispersed without creating a major spare supply. I know VTC is picking up the 32, but they are at capacity or near it, so they essentially have to transfer out almost as many as they get new correct?

There will be a surplus for a while as the expanded service slowly starts to become active.  I hear September 2019 will see some huge service changes and added service hours as well as shuffling routes around depots.  In the last board meeting z they mentioned they will be measuring every depot and analysing deadhead times etc to see what might be better where.  I've also heard that within the next 2 years, all depot's will be at 100%.

9 minutes ago, Brando737 said:

I hear September 2019 will see some huge service changes and added service hours as well as shuffling routes around depots.

Among other things, that's the sheet where all the new B-Line routes will be launched, so that seems a no-brainer to me.

8 minutes ago, Brando737 said:

I've also heard that within the next 2 years, all depot's will be at 100%.

Does that include the new Silvertree TC, or is that without Silvertree? (And if the former, does that mean we could see a renewed push for a new North Van TC? Oh please oh please oh please...)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

Among other things, that's the sheet where all the new B-Line routes will be launched, so that seems a no-brainer to me.

Does that include the new Silvertree TC, or is that without Silvertree? (And if the former, does that mean we could see a renewed push for a new North Van TC? Oh please oh please oh please...)

I think that's without Silvertree since it won't be completed until after 2020, but it will most likely be full or near full on opening day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Brando737 said:

Apparently CMBC will be getting some Nova's from WVT along with the 3 artics.  Facebook post showing the crest removed from 801 with the poster saying it's on the way to CMBC.

Look in the comments section of that post - One of the admins on here as well as myself pointed out that 801 was not one of the novas transferred to WVMT, but rather 703-706, former 9601-9604.

This is speculation so far. However what is confirmed is that WVMT currently has 6 buses out on 257 during busy times.

8 minutes ago, cleowin said:

Is HTC getting major service boosts in September? Im all for an increase in D40LF’s, but curuous, i thought these coaches were supposed to be retired 1:1.

I'd imagine Hamilton is getting major service boosts in September, given how Vancouver/Burnaby/Surrey are all full as it is. But also, CMBC may be waiting to retire those coaches until more of the 2018 LFS hybrids are on the property. (Remember that Vancouver will be losing all its current diesel and hybrid coaches in favour of the new LFS hybrids, so the former will be going to Richmond and Hamilton.)

It also wouldn't shock me if CMBC were delaying retirement of any coach in good condition until space is needed for new arrivals, just in case.

• Like 3