Burlington Transit

Hybrid0920

Gillig?!?!?!?! you're kidding right?? Well, if they were sold here in Canada, it would be the perfect way to get ppl to NOT take transit in Burlington. And who said anything about hybrids?? Lets just have something other than the bargain-priced flyers. Im honestly getting a lil tired of seeing the old "kleenex" box DxxLF....... time for a lil change

I dont have anything against new flyer, but i would like to see some kind of variety....... yes, again, i know about standardization, etc, etc, etc........

Someone's dreaming about having Gillig. I say, no thanks!

If BT wants a different bus than the D40LF, the LFS would be a clear choice, unless Orion will slip in for the market game comeback!

Someone's dreaming about having Gillig. I say, no thanks!

If BT wants a different bus than the D40LF, the LFS would be a clear choice, unless Orion will slip in for the market game comeback!

That's what I'm thinking too.

If they were to put out a tender for diesel and hybrid, could they split the winners, giving a diesel contract to one provider and the second one to the other supplier?

7 replacements and 3 expansions?

If 7014, 15 and 16 are part of the retiring fleet from the 09's, then what retired when teh 08's came in? Weren't the 08's all replacements to begin with?

My guesses as far as retiring buses would be:

7002, 7006, 7008, 7012, 7013, 7063 and 7069.

I do agree with 7062. Never really got on a good roll with service on a daily basis. Just went it started to be in an active rotation for at least 3 or so days, it was gone again. Perhaps a V or two could be shelved.

Is there any information about BT putting out a tender for buses in 2010 without going through on the Consortium? If that is the case, I guess they've already determined that more D40LF's aren't worth it, despite the cheaper price for purchasing in bulk with other systems.

Actually 7002 is running pretty good right now. The only reason 7014 retired was because it had a blown engine. 7011, 7012 and 7013 are guarenteed gone. 7006, 7007 and 7008 are pretty good bets as well. Now for the orion v, it will most likely be 7063 because it is in by far the worst shape of the orion v's. 7069 is in okay shape compared to 7063. Now as much as I'd love to see 7054 go, it will probably stick around for a while.

I like the Flyers. I hope BT doesn't get Orion VII NG Die-Brids. I'd rather have D40LFs than ugly Nova LFS or hateful Orion die-brids anyday.

Then again, Gillig is another way to go. They look good.

If you like the newflyers, stay in Hamilton and you can get them all you like. Nova is a better bus and hopefully Burlington will go that route, not to mention they're way nicer in appearance. Orion would be a nice step up as well. At least orions handle the bumps. These latest newflyers, Oakville's in particular, are pieces of f***ing garbage. They have awful suspension, they rattle like hell and the doors don't work properly. They're almost as bad as a bluebird.

Actually 7002 is running pretty good right now. The only reason 7014 retired was because it had a blown engine. 7011, 7012 and 7013 are guarenteed gone. 7006, 7007 and 7008 are pretty good bets as well. Now for the orion v, it will most likely be 7063 because it is in by far the worst shape of the orion v's. 7069 is in okay shape compared to 7063. Now as much as I'd love to see 7054 go, it will probably stick around for a while.

If you like the newflyers, stay in Hamilton and you can get them all you like. Nova is a better bus and hopefully Burlington will go that route, not to mention they're way nicer in appearance. Orion would be a nice step up as well. At least orions handle the bumps. These latest newflyers, Oakville's in particular, are pieces of f***ing garbage. They have awful suspension, they rattle like hell and the doors don't work properly. They're almost as bad as a bluebird.

I guess you don't know Dave about what the 08's retired. What I do understand is that 7001, 7010 and 7042 were all put to sleep. I found the other 3 83's from 7014, 15 and 16 were the 08's responsibiliy for killing them. This means that the 07's only killed 7026 and...I'm not sure. They most certainly weren't all expansions at the time. In fact, they were supposed to have been 5 replacements and only 1 for expansion. I guess alot of things have changed since then.

I agree on Nova. Whetehr BT outright goes to a seperate tender, steering clear from New Flyer and the consortium's 2010 option, either Nova and or Orion would be a better option overall. I'm sure that even the passengers of Burlington would rather see a better appearance to the Nova as as well as a smoother ride.

Not surprised about how the 09's (or any of the other D40LFR"s) that OT has are described the way you've did. Maybe the only thing good about them are the blue lights and the lack of crossbar at the front door.

The NG does handle the suspension better, the OG is awful! If you hit the baddest pothole, OMG! It'll strike your ear hard if you sit next to it!

Agree in some ways about NFI.

The NG does handle the suspension better, the OG is awful! If you hit the baddest pothole, OMG! It'll strike your ear hard if you sit next to it!

Agree in some ways about NFI.

actually the NGs are just as crappy, it's just that they are a little newer. Believe me I have driven quite a few NGs that the suspension is awful. The 1700/1800s are decent...for now!

Back on topic please if at all possible.

The school specials are now listed on the website. Wiki editors, note that the route which serves the Corpus Christi High School on Upper Middle, east of Appleby Line has a special for it. I"ll have to double-check the route numbers. They're 83 and 81.

Confirmed, here's the link to the route and schedule info. Why is it that the routes have different numbers when they return in the afternoon? The 81/83 seems to break the pattern with 70s routes running to school in the morning and 80s routes running away from school in the afternoon.

lol, BT actually suprised me the other day, doing something other than just being a glorified GO Train shuttle.

Which of these guesses actually did surprise you?

1) Put accessible buses on all mid-day trips on all routes?

2) Called out all stops, even teh ones that aren't neccessarily at an intersection or any kind of main terminal or what not?

3) Gave you the fishbowl?

lol, BT actually suprised me the other day, doing something other than just being a glorified GO Train shuttle.

Compared to Oakville, Burlington is by far not a glorified GO shuttle. Buses are held up to 10 minutes in Oakville for the train. If the train is late, the Burlington buses leave.

What did BT surprise you with anyways?

Which of these guesses actually did surprise you?

1) Put accessible buses on all mid-day trips on all routes?

2) Called out all stops, even teh ones that aren't neccessarily at an intersection or any kind of main terminal or what not?

3) Gave you the fishbowl?

2 AND 3, yes, I admit, I was in town this week, joyriding that bugger!

Compared to Oakville, Burlington is by far not a glorified GO shuttle. Buses are held up to 10 minutes in Oakville for the train. If the train is late, the Burlington buses leave.

What did BT surprise you with anyways?

I find getting through Oakville much easier than Burlington, infact Burlington need to work on connections between routes, it is a pain in the arse to try to connect between the 1 and 10 at appleby, I'm blind, so I cant do the run between the 2 buses at Appleby and Fairview..

I also find Oakville drivers actually care and are not crabby most of the time. I also am sick and tired of the crap service hours in Burlington

7024-03 was running for Rib-Fest Shuttle as of early Friday afternoon. Nice job fixing that fire victim bus back on the road (although it's already in service few months). Engine is retained the same thing.

Was that the only bus which was doing the Ribfest service between Downtowon and Mapleview Centre that day?

I was busy all weekend as well as today. I wasn't able to see which buses were doing the ribfest shuttles. Yesterday was also Ward 5's Councillor's sponsored free Ribfest Shuttle making stops at Millcroft Centre, Appleby Mall's north end loop, Lakeside Plaza and Downtown.

Well here comes another year of riding BT for my CO-OP

this time to the GO station pretty much every day on the #6

last year there was that guy who was wearing a Burlington Security shirt standing by the driver

idk what he was doing but he was just riding i think ever day at the same time up by the driver she would ask him to even change the route from South to North

Well here comes another year of riding BT for my CO-OP

this time to the GO station pretty much every day on the #6

last year there was that guy who was wearing a Burlington Security shirt standing by the driver

idk what he was doing but he was just riding i think ever day at the same time up by the driver she would ask him to even change the route from South to North

bus groupie, he's done it for a long time, I know who you mean, I've seen him before..