Burlington Transit

Hybrid0920

I can tell you that the 14 will still be going to the Downtown Terminal. In fact, it will be leaving the terminal on the :00 and the :30 for better connections. (I saw the draft schedules for September).

Oh, My, Gosh!

THANK YOU so much!

that will mean much better connections with the HSR route 11 Parkdale ;) , oh this is just great news, now no more having to wait 25 minutes till the next one when the 11 is even a minute or two late :D , oh Dave you just made my day...

Oh, My, Gosh!

THANK YOU so much!

that will mean much better connections with the HSR route 11 Parkdale ;) , oh this is just great news, now no more having to wait 25 minutes till the next one when the 11 is even a minute or two late :D , oh Dave you just made my day...

As a CNIB card-holder I know you get on for free between OT and HSR at the downtown Burlington terminal. Can the regular fare-paying passengers make the same free transfer or are they forced to present a BT transfer to make the connection?

I rode an OT bus last month and tried to get onto the 11 and the driver said I must get on a BT bus first and change the transfer but he let me get away with it that time. And for me I use the 11 with my bus pass, request a transfer for the BT bus (yes you are allowed to do that if you have a pass.) get a transfer on the BT bus by trading them my HSR transfer then get on an OT bus and voila! My trip is set. ;)

As a CNIB card-holder I know you get on for free between OT and HSR at the downtown Burlington terminal. Can the regular fare-paying passengers make the same free transfer or are they forced to present a BT transfer to make the connection?

Oakville and Hamilton DO NOT accept each others transfers. You'd have to trade it with a Burlington bus and get one of their transfers. My understanding was that Oakville wanted to make a deal with the HSR over accepting the transfers but Hamilton showed no interest in it. This was a couple years ago.

That I am sure would be a topic for the BTAC sub-committee for inter-municipal travel. Why having to take a BT transfer in order to get to the HSR without paying fare. I will certainly put it forward towards our next meeting.

Since Orion V 7065-91 has returned with a new coat of paint, is it the old scheme? Plus, are the ads still in place?

Wow, that's fast for a bus to be given the new livery.

Back too when 7068-91, 7066-91 as well as the others which received the new livery, they had gotten either a rebuild or a complete refurbishment.

I'm sure 7065 was refurbished or at least had some body work done to it, as it looks brand new. Also, it's completely adless. With that being said, I think they should refurbish 7077, 7079 and 7080 and when the new buses arrive just retire 7063 and 7069. They'd probably retire with the 2010 bus order anyway so no point in refurbishing them. Unless, of course Burlington does some expansion for a change.

Well since I had seen my Burlington Transit routes as being too big for a signature, I'll put them here. I so wish I can put those routes on a good map withotu screwing them all up (I recall trying that and I screwed up royally). :D

Ok...here goes:

My Burlington Transit routes: (Based on what I think they should look like)

Route 1: Fairview - West to Hamilton/East to Appleby GO via Aldershot-Burlington GO Stations

Route 2: Brant - North to Cavendish/South to Burlington GO & Downtown via Upper Middle

Route 2A: Brant - North to Cavendish via Upper Middle/South to Burlington GO & Downtown

Route 3: Guelph North to 407 Loop via Burlington GO and Maple Grove/South to Burlington GO & Downtown via Moutain Grove

Route 4: Prospect-Rexway East to Appleby GO/West to Downtown

Route 24: Pinedale East to Rio Can/West to Appleby GO*

*The 24 would be a seperate route from the 4.

Route 5: Aldershot West to Aldershot GO/VIA Station via King and Towscend/East to Downtown via Townscend and King

Route 6: Headon Forest North to 407 Loop via Centeninal & Mainway/South to Burlington GO via Centinenal & Mainway

Route 8: Harvester East to Business Corridor via Appleby GO/West to Burlington GO via Appleby GO

Route 8A: North Service East and West between Burlington and Appleby GO Stations.

Route 28: Mainway West to Aldershot GO/East to Business Corridor*

The 28 would be a seperate route from the 8B.

Route 10: New Street West to Burlington GO via Downtown/East to Appleby GO via Downtown (without going through Lakeside).

Route 11: Appleby North to First Pro Centre via Appleby GO/South to Lakeside Plaza via Appleby GO

Route 12: Upper Middle West to Burlington GO via Brant/East to First Pro Centre via Upper Middle

Route 13: Burloak-Rio Can East to Rio Can via New Street/West to Appleby GO via New Street and Burloak.

Route 13A: Burloak-Spruce East to Lakeside/West to Appleby GO (routing to take New Street, Spruce and Lakeshore).

Route 13B: New-Great Lakes East to Great Lakes & Lakeshore/West to Appleby GO via Burloak, Rio Can, New Street

Route 15: Walkers South to Lakeshore and Spruce via Appleby GO; North to First Pro Centre via Appleby GO and Thomas Alton Blvd

Route 17: Mountainside North to MM Robinson via Brant and Fisher/South to Burlington GO via Fisher and Brant

Route 20: Millcroft Park South to Millcroft Plaza/North to Alton Terminal

Route 25: Dundas East (East to Uptown Terminal/West to Alton Terminal)

Route 30: Dundas West (West to Aldershot GO via Dundas & Brant/East to Alton Terminal via Brant & Dundas)

If someone can somehow, inogerate all of these proposed routes (based on how I see them fit, that is) and incorperate them onto the specific roads, that would be well appreciated. If any of you need help, message me either on MSN or peronal message through the board and I'll try my best to assist.

Again, if I had more sight to know what it is I'm doing, I'd have more success at making fictional transit maps. I can only imagine them in my head and that's it.

I have some strong opinions from a driver who I know fairly well. He has insights on many drivers opinions on things and gets information from the supervisor as well as from other systems.

1) On the current 2007/2008 D40LF's:

Basically, the most unreliable buses in the entire fleet, worse then the Inveros! Alarms that go off for no apparent reason...breaking down as frequently as the Classics. Those are some things that he really stressed about all other things about them. Oh ya...at any one time, there's at least 1 or 2 of them that are in the shop. He, along with several other drivers feel that they'd rather want a shot at driving Novas.

1a) All of these buses were either delievered late or delievered with glue holding the plastic on the front, holding it in place while being delievered. It didn't make people within BT's maintainence very happy, much less BT management. 1b) When there was a recall involving the kneeling mechanisms to deploy the ramps, BT wasn't impressed with having to keep the 2008's out of service for that period of time. In fact, at least 2 or 3 of the 2007's had the same problem and yet, the recall only specified only the 2008's. Needless to say that the representivies at New Flyer were able to help them out ot fix those problems with them.

1c) When the HSR Classics were on loan last summer, they were the best buses, period. BT should've snatched them once the HSR had retired them. Furthermore, the 09's coming in shouldn't replace 10 older buses. For emergency situations, there should be at least 4 or so older buses to be kept for those kinds of situations. Though, there are some buses that should be taken off the road. Didn't specify the fleet #'s, but I think I know what they are: 7002, 7047, 7063, 7069, 7007 and 7008.

2) On the reputation on New Flyer, amongst other systems:

He has heard that at least 3 or 4 other systems are not happy with their New Flyers. These systems are either part of the Ontario Consortium or not involved. Believes that it could be closer then ever for some of these systems to choose another supplier entirely. Didn't go into specifics as far as which systems.

3) On maintainence (or lack there of) on BT's fleet:

Now he went on a full fledged rant on that. Many of the buses, either at one time or another with different ones, they wouldn't look as clean as many people would like them to be. In some sense, the ads are in place for these buses to hid the 'flaws' to either their livery or the 'missed spots' that maintainence has done a very miserable job on.

3a) These buses are only washed 3 times a week because the city always want to save water. Our resivoirs are full of water. It doesn't make a difference to the environment which, he feels is a big reason why many things are being restricted to idling and why buses are as clean as they are.

3b) Maintaience is always complaining about not having enough bus bays to maintain their buses. Well, at least something will be done, as the Operations Centre (the garage), will be expanded during sometime this year or early next year.

3c) And most telling. The mechanics are being very short-sighted or just well, being too lazy. For instance, when fueling these buses at night before being dispatched for service the next day, the fuel caps get closed without having some drop sof fuel being cleaned, leaving residue of the fuel and leaving those marks that makes some people think that hte bus wasn't even washed in a week or two. Have pride in the fleet!

4) On drivers wearing ties:

Not a huge issue. Mainly, a good idea as they'll look presentable. Problem is, how would a passenger see a driver looking professional but the bus that the driver's driving looking like absolute junk?

It's all I gotta say to those things, though, I'm not surprised, either. I'd thought that part of the equation would be more adheard to. Guess not.

I saw 7024-03 over the weekend. It's all painted up and it looks sharp. Hopefully it will go out soon. Also, 7025-03, 7039-03, 7068-91, 7077-94 and 7079-94 are all off the property right now. I'm thinking 7077 and 7079 are being refurbished, at least I hope so.

As posted in general transit sightings, 7024-03 is back in service on the 1 today!

7039-07 is back in service today as well after being at MTB for quite some time. I believe the driver side was repainted. It's good to see it back in service. It was on the 2/3 today. Interestingly enough the driver side partial wrap ad is gone but the roofline part of the ad still remains :) . It was the same ad that 7041-07 still carries. Also, 7025-03 is back in service as well after suffering a major mechanical defect earlier this month. 7079-94 is back in service, I have no idea where it went but it's back now. 7068-91 and 7077-94 are still away.

• 2 weeks later...
Sometimes the Birds aren't on teh 4/5. Occassionally, a couple of big buses would be out there.

With the 4/5 yesterday not having Birds out, most likely the 11 or the 15 would've had one, maybe the 12. Then again, I didn't see any buses from any of those mentioned routes. So, I would'nt know.

One day last week the 4/5 was full of Birds. The other two were found on the GO specials in the PM rush.

Yea it sees a lot of Blue birds and D40LF's

But i think the blue bird is not a good idea on that route during school hours (Ive had to stand up on that bus at some times at around 2:30)

• 3 weeks later...

BT's 7018-03 on Tuesday of this past week was changed off in favour of Invero 7024-03 on the 12. Not sure what the issue was then, but, when 7018 returned to service on Thursday as well as Friday, I knew that something didn't seem right. It was a gut feeling.

It was doing the 1 on Saturday and it's starting sounder basically stayed on throughotu the ride from Aldershot GO to Appleby and Fairview, which later was changed off in favour of D40LF 7035-06. There was also an unsettling smell to it, reminded me of smoke...

One thing I felt was a slam dunk with the Saturday schedules for the 1 was that they might as well put on a low floor on the lone HF runs. Nope...7066-91 was doing those assignments.

Meanwhile, D40LF 7034-06 was replaced by Blue Bird 7027-06 on the 12 on Saturday, too.

I'm on BT 7036~07 right now and at dundurn castle a supervisor van with the sup and another fancy clothed lady got out, stopped the driver and took multiple pictures. Front, across the road, and the rear of the bus. Nick do you know why they may do this? Ohh yeah I'm off to find 7042 right now may have pix later.

I'm on BT 7036~07 right now and at dundurn castle a supervisor van with the sup and another fancy clothed lady got out, stopped the driver and took multiple pictures. Front, across the road, and the rear of the bus. Nick do you know why they may do this? Ohh yeah I'm off to find 7042 right now may have pix later.

chris, dont you mean 7024 not 7042