Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

Same company, 6 overpasses in less than 2 years, same overpass twice in 1 year and one of their trucks rammed into a house earlier this year in Kelowna.

Seize all their property, equipment, assets and auction it off so they have not a penny left to their name before they have a chance to Uber their way to the Ministry and try to reapply for another operating certificate under a different name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Opal said:

Alright I'm posting this here as a protest because none of the moderators are answering my private messages despite numerous attempts.

Swearing is against the rules of this forum.  MODS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT USER 9924 WHOM I'VE REPORTED BEFORE!

I am very aware that my message is technically against the rules too because it's "off topic" but no one is doing anything about it and it obviously hasn't stopped yet.

Is it, though? I don't see a 'no profanity' rule in there.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 18.37.24.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Opal said:

Ha ha ha it falls clearly under 1 and 2.  Swearing is neither intelligent nor respectful.

I agree.  Posts / comments can all be made respectfully. Swearing has no place on this forum. I would like to think that we are all adults and that we can conduct ourselves accordingly.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Opal said:

Alright I'm posting this here as a protest because none of the moderators are answering my private messages despite numerous attempts.

Swearing is against the rules of this forum.  MODS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT USER 9924 WHOM I'VE REPORTED BEFORE!

I am very aware that my message is technically against the rules too because it's "off topic" but no one is doing anything about it and it obviously hasn't stopped yet.

Then don't read my posts - simple as that.  M'kay sugarplum?

In regards to the context of my post and why I chose to use such language is that that is the 6th time that company has hit an overpass in this region in the last 2 years.  This latest strike is going to cost the public $2 million plus to repair, that makes those of us who have to pay for that just a wee little bit angry, m'kay?

2 hours ago, Opal said:

Ha ha ha it falls clearly under 1 and 2.  Swearing is neither intelligent nor respectful.

"Clearly"? LOL!

You're contorting words into something to reflect your personal views, opinions and feelings, and by doing so, trying and validate your personal views, opinions and feelings.

As for your "claim" of swearing being "less intelligent" ...

https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-say-scientists

😅

You see, smart people know how to use language, and when to use it and in which context.  Smart people don't censor their language because it might "offend" someone and smart people certainly don't ask others to censor their language because it may "offend" them 😉

1 hour ago, captaintrolley said:

I agree.  Posts / comments can all be made respectfully. Swearing has no place on this forum. I would like to think that we are all adults and that we can conduct ourselves accordingly.

Adults don't throw temper tantrums over such silly things.  And adults certainly understand, or at least should understand, that sometimes people say things that they don't like to hear or read.

Literally, how many times have "swear words" been used?  Twice now?  Hardly worth getting into a kerfuffle about.  But here we are, the same poster who got their tighty whities in a knot the singular time it happened before, is back at it, trying to turn nothing into something and now we'll have to endure entertaining this nonsense by wasting posts discussing this instead of just staying on the thread topic.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Opal said:

Bahahaha, the almighty CPTDB mods? 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Nowhere in the CPTDB guidelines does it explicitly state that profanity is not allowed. From what I’ve seen in the post history, nobody was using profanity in a way that was specifically targeting any member of this forum, so I genuinely have no clue what the problem is or why this whole thing is being treated like a personal attack, nor do any of us really care.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Transit Guy said:

Nowhere in the CPTDB guidelines does it explicitly state that profanity is not allowed. From what I’ve seen in the post history, nobody was using profanity in a way that was specifically targeting any member of this forum, so I genuinely have no clue what the problem is or why this whole thing is being treated like a personal attack, nor do any of us really care.

Meh, not the first time he's told the world that he "reported" posts with "swear words" 🙄

Anyway, he had his 15 seconds in the spotlight.  Moving on with the topic ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, UprisingCanadian said:

9551 minor engine fire earlier this afternoon. Not my photo

719A2BD2-AE22-47F7-828E-80C438A2729F.jpg

IMG_0331.thumb.webp.f027218112973e16e41133671a56e761.webp

It does appear minor, but at 15 years old, this bus probably isn't coming back.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

CUPE 4500 which represents Transit Supervisors, Maintenance Supervisors, Service Supervisors, Tire Person Supervisors, Tcomm Staff, Field Service Trainers, Engineer & Warranty Admins, Supervisors of the Parts Dept, Body Shop, Trolley Overhead, & Farebox Staff Has just issued CMBC 72 Hour Job action would be a ban on overtime which would take effect 8am Saturday morning due to a day of mediation that went no where. To date CMBC is unwilling to address key issues! CUPE 4500 is hoping an agreement can be reached before the strike deadline.

30 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

CUPE 4500 which represents Transit Supervisors, Maintenance Supervisors, Service Supervisors, Tire Person Supervisors, Tcomm Staff, Field Service Trainers, Engineer & Warranty Admins, Supervisors of the Parts Dept, Body Shop, Trolley Overhead, & Farebox Staff Has just issued CMBC 72 Hour Job action would be a ban on overtime which would take effect 8am Saturday morning due to a day of mediation that went no where. To date CMBC is unwilling to address key issues! CUPE 4500 is hoping an agreement can be reached before the strike deadline.

https://www.cupe.bc.ca/2024/01/02/cupe-4500-serves-72-hour-strike-notice-to-coast-mountain-bus-company-as-no-progress-made-during-mediation/

1 minute ago, dover5949 said:

Do you need to add to what I just posted?

Relax Max and just chill Phill, he's just adding a link to the source for those who want to read the actual story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Opal said:

This strike really has nothing to do with the drivers, but the other support staff.  Although as soon as picket lines are up with a full work stoppage, I'm pretty sure the drivers would honour it.

Although according the article posted above, these workers were offered the same as the drivers just settled with, so it sounds like the issue is more about wanting more than the others instead of the same.

I don't have any other knowledge other than what's posted above as to what is "different".  If they were offered the same contract to the dot and cross, then the issue lies solely with the union.  If there are legitimate differences between what was already offered to CUPE and what Unifor has, then they have a legitimate beef.

A good portion of Greater Vancouverites just seem a bit angrier these days than pre covid. Can’t wait to see more and more cars on the road and the restrictionn of Blue Bus usage to essential travel only.

• Like 1