Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

On 6/22/2023 at 5:18 PM, Nextarity_ said:

19548 either was rear-ended or rolled down and hit a green Honda while doing the 103 on 4th Street outside of Columbia. Both vehicles had to be towed.

IMG_E73731.thumb.JPG.598c033e93873749a958146aa958031a.JPG     IMG_73711.thumb.JPG.a74b286dedf55802aa44fb018f081607.JPG

I hope nobody was hurt, but good riddance because that's 1 less sh*ttle to worry about

1 hour ago, 981 said:

I hope nobody was hurt, but good riddance because that's 1 less sh*ttle to worry about

I don't understand these comments. Every single MVA means less service down the line. Every single wrecked bus, whether D40LF, shuttle, or decker, means more money out of the budget that has to be used for replacing it, rather than service expansion, on customer service, or on new facilities. Every single accident could be a traumatising incident for someone, especially when serious enough for the bus to be wrecked. These are people operated transit vehicles we're talking about here.

Seriously. These comments are really uncalled for.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, 2102 said:

Doesn't really look like it'll be retired...

Shame

11 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

I don't understand these comments. Every single MVA means less service down the line. Every single wrecked bus, whether D40LF, shuttle, or decker, means more money out of the budget that has to be used for replacing it, rather than service expansion, on customer service, or on new facilities. Every single accident could be a traumatising incident for someone, especially when serious enough for the bus to be wrecked. These are people operated transit vehicles we're talking about here.

Seriously. These comments are really uncalled for.

If you want to know why I hate shuttles so much, I was injured by a shuttle on several occasions and I doubt I'm the only one that's sustained an injury because of a shuttle. Yes, Translink knows because I've filed complaints with them. Anyways I'll keep my shuttle slander to a minimum on here 

9 hours ago, 981 said:

Shame

If you want to know why I hate shuttles so much, I was injured by a shuttle on several occasions and I doubt I'm the only one that's sustained an injury because of a shuttle. Yes, Translink knows because I've filed complaints with them. Anyways I'll keep my shuttle slander to a minimum on here 

Same, I've been hurt multiple times by shuttles

10 hours ago, 981 said:

Shame

1 hour ago, 503FraserHwy said:

Same, I've been hurt multiple times by shuttles

7qja01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

5 minutes ago, Express691 said:

"There are previous reports of SkyTrain derailments in 2010 and 2017."

I know about the 2010 one at King George, but what was the 2017 one?

• Like 1

P18046 got hit by a van at 11:50am. Heard a crunch on drivers side, the van hit the bus. Sorry for quality. It will take a while due to op calling for help. The van driver does not feel well maybe a seizure says op. 

If anyone knows more information feel free to post.

IMG_3756.jpeg

IMG_3755.jpeg

IMG_3757.jpeg

IMG_3754.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Bus is found, individual has been arrested.

Expo Line minor delay: Switch DC1 (waterfront tail track) is experiencing technical issues, trains will route to platform 2.

Where did they find it?

• Like 1