Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

2 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

You sure it wasn't a mva?

There were no vehicles near the bus aside from the emergency ones and the bus showed no signs of exterior damage. The driver also appeared to be looking at the floor in the front area of the bus, and the emergency crews did the same. I do not fully know what happened, but I don't think it was an accident with another vehicle

1 hour ago, bob32189 said:

There were no vehicles near the bus aside from the emergency ones and the bus showed no signs of exterior damage. The driver also appeared to be looking at the floor in the front area of the bus, and the emergency crews did the same. I do not fully know what happened, but I don't think it was an accident with another vehicle

2 Ambulance means a passenger related issue. 

Speaking of issues. I was on s18165 i believe. It was around 8 PM on a 595 Langley and I seen a lot of vomit in the back. Not sure what happened but seems like the driver got a bus change. 

Earlier on the Langley side 364 it is always never on time when it has to leave my stop near 142/64. Every few Saturdays on the 4:32 departure from Scottsdale it is 15 minutes behind and i miss the 595 connection. No biggie i don't mind waiting.... Until some person one day gets to work late. (cannot remember fleet number but not needed in this case)

Looking on the ground in the bus means a passenger was laying down sick or hurt. Ambulance comes to the rescue. Fire crew is first on scene because they are more trained/qualified to the 911 call. Had that before

1 hour ago, rulerduler said:

Fire crew is first on scene because they are more trained/qualified to the 911 call.

I really dislike this statement. Firefighters are not more qualified than paramedics; there’s simply more firefighters than there are paramedics, which is why they are able to respond sooner.

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Citaro said:

I really dislike this statement. Firefighters are not more qualified than paramedics; there’s simply more firefighters than there are paramedics, which is why they are able to respond sooner.

Yeah, this. Fire can arrive sooner and provide basic medical attention until paramedics arrive.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jmward said:

9215 stalled out in the right lane on the approach to the tunnel NB

Nothing against your post or anything, but I feel its getting a little redundant posting every stall or breakdown of any vehicle since it happens a plethora of times

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasW97 said:

Nothing against your post or anything, but I feel its getting a little redundant posting every stall or breakdown of any vehicle since it happens a plethora of times

Can we make an exception specifically if we have to catch a replacement bus on the side of a freeway? It's happened once to me, last summer.

• Like 2

I'm not sure anyone knows about this, but there was a video (not there anymore) on YouTube where 9483 almost hit one of the 2012 XDE60s at UBC loop back in spring/summer 2013. The XDE60 was arriving as a 49 and 9483 was departing as a 25. I forget the number of the XDE60, but I know 9483 was involved as it was not long after it was transferred to BTC (BTC did a few trips on the 25 back then).

3 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

I'm not sure anyone knows about this, but there was a video (not there anymore) on YouTube where 9483 almost hit one of the 2012 XDE60s at UBC loop back in spring/summer 2013. The XDE60 was arriving as a 49 and 9483 was departing as a 25. I forget the number of the XDE60, but I know 9483 was involved as it was not long after it was transferred to BTC (BTC did a few trips on the 25 back then).

So it was 6 years ago, no collision happened, and there's no accessible video. That's not really anything worth posting in this thread.

• Like 2

I think I know who might have been the operator of the Baccio Rosso shuttle that caught on fire. Dueck GM. Reason being they are one of the event's sponsors and they previously had a bus like it in their inventory. I think they must have taken the bus out of inventory to use it for the event and put it back up for sale after they were done. This is just a guess though so don't take my word for it.

1 hour ago, tbodnar2003 said:

17541 was T-Bonned today. My Grandpa (the driver, he’s fine btw) was told it could be a total write off. 

Shuttles are most likely going to be written off after an accident that damages the bus body. If the cab was hit, it would be fixed. S531, which rammed into an XD40 last year, hasn't seen service since then so it was likely written off.

6 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

16017 hasn't seem to have been in service since it hit the pedestrian? Write off???

They don't write off buses for hitting a pedestrian, but depending on the case, it may be out of service for investigation.

• Like 1